Marie Stopes International

1. Review titled Absolutely amazing

by Anonymous - Posted on 20 June 2020

I wouldn’t even know where to start. I went in for a surgical abortion and for anyone this is a hard time as it is. From the women at the desk to the women down stairs every single one Off them shown this isn’t just a job for them. They took pride in every single person. Absolutely amazing. And I am one who was Overly nervous. Read every single review to just see how it was. And I experienced it for myself. The staff don’t get the recognition they deserve.

Visited June 2020

Report review titled Absolutely amazing as unsuitable

Marie Stopes International has not yet replied.

2. Review titled Amazing service

by Atidzhe - Posted on 12 June 2020

I had my appointment last month. I would say it’s really difficult for every woman to go through this, however, the nurses and all the staff there were so kind, supportive and professional. I really appreciate their help and would like to say thank you once again. Atidzhe

Visited May 2020

Report review titled Amazing service as unsuitable

Marie Stopes International has not yet replied.

3. Review titled Lovely, welcoming and professional.

by Anonymous - Posted on 02 June 2020

I had an appointment with Marie Stopes recently which was a hard time for me and I can honestly say every single member of staff I spoke to was so lovely, thorough, friendly and also professional! I really appreciated the way I was treated by everybody. The lady who took my first initial call, the advisor who called me back and booked my appointment. The receptionist who also made sure people were using hand sanitiser on arrival. The lady I saw for my appointment. The ladies on the desk checking that I was ok before I left. The lady I called to check that a symptom was ok afterwards and the nurse who called back to reassure me! Honestly really appreciated every single one of them during such a difficult time. I wish I knew their names to thank them all individually but thank you! You’re all doing an amazing job. x

Visited May 2020

Report review titled Lovely, welcoming and professional. as unsuitable

Replied on 02 June 2020

Thank you for your wonderful feedback but we don't know which clinic you attended. The whole experience looks very positive and I'll pass this on to all the teams as it's a lovely acknowledgement of our hard working and professional staff. It is also reassuring for others who might find themselves in the same situation. This is so kind and many thanks.

4. Review titled Fabulous help.

by Grace. - Posted on 13 April 2020

I’d read a lot of bad reviews, but I honestly cannot fault Marie Stopes. I am only 17 and found out I was pregnant 3 weeks ago. Since then, I had a phone consultation then an appointment. Unfortunately, I had to have another appointment due to being too early on, but this was only 2 weeks after and was organised very easily. I then had a medical abortion that was well handled. I was given anti sickness tablets and then both sets of pills at the clinic - I was in and out in half an hour! Thank you for everyone at the Colchester team for being so supportive during such an emotionally challenging time - you’ve made a difficult process less stressful, and I can’t thank you enough.

Visited April 2020

Report review titled Fabulous help. as unsuitable

Replied on 20 April 2020

Thank you for your lovely comments and I'll ensure this is passed to the nurse in charge of Colchester. At MSI we do pride ourselves on giving a professional and empathetic service so this feedback can help others too who might be considering using our services. Thank you very much.

5. Review titled Amazing.

by Anonymous - Posted on 02 May 2020

Visited Marie Stopes Maidstone in a time of fear and upset and they made the entire process easy and even managed to make me laugh at such a distressing time. Grace was amazing and her kindness and care will always be cherished by me - thank you so so much.

Visited March 2020

Report review titled Amazing. as unsuitable

Replied on 04 May 2020

Thank you very much for this great feedback. The team in Maidstone will be very happy to receive your kind comments. This is also helpful to anyone considering using our services and it's very reassuring for them. I will pass this onto the managers and team.

6. Review titled Amazing

by Kayleigh - Posted on 21 March 2020

The process from start to finish has been the best I could ask for. Everyone has been so understanding which is so helpful as I hate being judged about my decision to abort. I was really nervous about my appointment as I didnt know what to expect. But my gosh the nurse was so lovely and really made me feel at ease. I would definitely recommend

Visited March 2020

Report review titled Amazing as unsuitable

Replied on 03 April 2020

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. We at Marie Stopes try very hard to give a caring a professional service so the staff will be very appreciative of your comments. This will also be reassuring to anyone considering using our services so thanks for the recommendation.

7. Review titled Felt too transactional

by Anonymous - Posted on 06 February 2020

Went in for a medical abortion as a private client . However I wasn’t asked to make a payment at all until I went into the main consultation room for the actual procedure ( taking the pills ). Having already had my scan etc I was feeling quite fragile and nervous and didn’t appreciate one of the first questions being whether I have paid and to go back downstairs, pay and then come back up, when me and my partner did pay, I went back up and followed the instructions, the end felt very rushed and I would have liked a few more minutes of having my questions answered in a more detailed manner. Although I do understand payment is necessary I definitely don’t agree with how it was handled in this clinic. Other than that the overall service was pretty fast and most of the staff were efficient.

Visited February 2020

Report review titled Felt too transactional as unsuitable

Replied on 06 February 2020

Thank you so much for your feedback and although you didn't give the clinic name I will ensure this is escalated to management. Scans have to be confirmed before payment in case it is negative. I'm sorry you felt rushed, however thank for the kind words about the staff who all work hard to give a great service.

8. Review titled such lovely people

by freya - Posted on 28 February 2020

i recently had a surgical procedure at the west ealing branch and every single person who i spoke to either over the phone or in person was so kind, helpful and genuinely caring, i had a phone consultation in which we spoke about my medical history and options. i then went to a medical assessment the next week which was very professional and the woman was lovely to me i never once felt uncomfortable throughout the process. after that i had my appointment for a surgical abortion just four days later and it went really well, there was a bit of a wait but it’s understandable that there are delays and afterwards it all went very quickly. they really make sure you understand every bit of the process and always check if you are ok throughout, i was so happy to wake up after just 20 minutes and feel almost completely fine! you get offered hot drinks and biscuits and a heat pack which is very comforting. you can leave very quickly assuming you are feeling ready and well and get given a little after care pack to leave with. all around i had such a nice experience here i wish i could personally thank every single person involved for making me feel so safe and taking away my stress, it really does mean a lot

Visited February 2020

Report review titled such lovely people as unsuitable

Replied on 03 April 2020

Thank you for such wonderful feedback. This will be most helpful to anyone contemplating using our services. The team in West London are very dedicated and always try to give an excellent service. I will ensure this is passed to the whole team in Ealing.

9. Review titled Didn't feel judged

by Anonymous - Posted on 28 February 2020

I've seen many negative reviews and I don't understand why. I went to the one in Bristol and everyone was so lovely. I didn't feel any judgement and they took the situation very seriously. They always make sure it's something that you want to do and no one is forcing you. At the end of the day it's about choice and they are very supportive of which every choice you make.

Visited February 2020

Report review titled Didn't feel judged as unsuitable

Replied on 03 April 2020

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. All of our staff try very hard to give a caring a professional service so they will be very appreciative of your comments. This will also be reassuring to anyone considering using our services so thank you again.

10. Review titled Amazing care

by Anonymous - Posted on 27 February 2020

I promised myself I would leave a good review after reading all of the bad ones on here. I found out I was pregnant and instantly knew I didn’t want to keep it, I phone Marie stopes and they booked me on for an over the phone consultation the next day. After that I had an appointment for a medical abortion five days later at the Bristol clinic. I cannot express how easy my experience was. All of the staff from the call centre staff to all of the nurses in the clinic were brilliant. They treated me with sympathy and were not judgemental at all. The only thing I would say is when I had my ultra sound they left the picture of my scan hanging out of the machine so I could see it, I assume this was an accident. It didn’t bother me seeing the scan but I can imagine if it was a hard choice to go to the clinic this would have been hard. They provided me with an anti sickness tablet and talked me through what was going to happen after taking the pills. I was in and out within 2 hours. Thankyou so much Bristol team, you made a traumatic experience as easy as it could be.

Visited February 2020

Report review titled Amazing care as unsuitable

Replied on 27 February 2020

Thank you so much for your kind words and I'm sure the Bristol team and our call centre staff will be very appreciative that you took the time to give such great feedback. This is also helpful to anyone considering using our services so thank you again.