Royal Berkshire Hospital

1. Review titled Impeccable service and care

by Adam - Posted on 29 November 2021

A relative was brought in via ambulance to A&E. The journey from resus to Surgical Admissions to General Surgery was quick, precise and calm & considered. At every point of the journey the staff involved showed nothing but care and ownership. Nothing was too much for any staff member to help with, every question and concern was answered in an understanding manner. Royal Berkshire made a very difficult time much easier for us by showing that our family were in kind and capable hands.

Visited Accident and emergency services on November 2021

Report review titled Impeccable service and care as unsuitable

Royal Berkshire Hospital has not yet replied.

2. Review titled Thank you Castle Ward!!!

by Mrs Emma Uphill - Posted on 26 November 2021

Thank you so much to all the staff on Castle Ward. From the moment I was admitted, the care, dedication and professionalism I saw was absolutely fab! No one enjoys a stay in hospital, but you made it so much better. From the nurses to the cleaners... A massive thank you. Xx

Visited Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine on November 2021

Report review titled Thank you Castle Ward!!! as unsuitable

3. Review titled Amazing service

by Linda C - Posted on 10 November 2021

After having chest pains in the early hours we called 111. They were reassuring and supportive and organised an ambulance. This arrived in good time and the crew couldn’t have been nicer, so kind, helpful and efficient. The A & E department were amazing, very thorough and patient. I can’t praise this department enough as they took the worry out of the situation and thankfully all was well. Thank you to all concerned.

Visited Accident and emergency services on November 2021

Report review titled Amazing service as unsuitable

Replied on 11 November 2021

Dear Linda Thank you for posting a review of your visit to our Emergency Department. Your feedback has been shared with the team and also with the ambulance service. It is great to read that you felt reassured and well cared for. We hope you are feeling much better now. Patient Experience Team, Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust

4. Review titled Amazing care

by Helen - Posted on 09 November 2021

I visited A&E today having fallen whilst pregnant. From the second I arrived I was triaged and reassured. The care from every individual I encountered was amazing, both medically and in terms of personal care and bedside manner. The doctors and nurses were amazing and the lady who took my stitches took special care. Couldn’t have asked for a better, more caring experience.

Visited Accident and emergency services on November 2021

Report review titled Amazing care as unsuitable

Replied on 10 November 2021

Dear Helen Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your visit to our Emergency Department - your feedback has been shared with the team, who will be very pleased that you experienced amazing care. We hope you are healing well. Patient Experience Team, Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust

5. Review titled Failed system

by Jitendra Patel - Posted on 25 November 2021

My partner visited the trust and did ask that I too should get treated as this is normal parrctice in london. I ended up going for tests . Then no contact for three weeks till I rang. Only to be told that I will need treatment. Someone will call back. Nobody did till I rang again. I then called my primary care in london got the appointment for treatment the same day. I was thinking of moving my care closer but with this sort of service I will not be doing that. Really need to change and not use covid as an excuse.

Visited Sexual health services on November 2021

Report review titled Failed system as unsuitable

6. Review titled Fabulous Doctors and Nurses

by Brian - Posted on 28 October 2021

Broken Arm in early hours of morning, ambulance crew exemplary, Doctors highly skilled and empathetic and happy to share information, nursing team could not do enough to make my time at RBH as easy as it could be. Didn't mind me asking questions, questions, questions I'll be back next time I do something stupid Brilliant team all round, thank you all

Visited Orthopaedics on October 2021

Report review titled Fabulous Doctors and Nurses as unsuitable

Replied on 01 November 2021

Dear Brian Thank you for posting a review of your experience at the Royal Berkshire Hospital. Your feedback has been shared with the Orthopaedic and Emergency Department teams - they will be delighted you found them highly skilled, empathetic and good communicators. We hope your fracture recovers well!

7. Review titled Kindness and care

by Anonymous - Posted on 02 November 2021

Attended the Early Pregnancy Unit after experiencing a miscarriage. We had been given very little advice at our local hospital. Initially we called the Royal Berkshire early pregnancy unit, to seek advice, as we weren’t given any details by our booked hospital. The time taken to clearly explain things was amazing. We asked our GP to refer us to Royal Berks for care of our miscarriage. We really want to thank the staff at the unit. They made us feel cared for and alleviated the stress and anxieties we were both going through.

Visited Gynaecology on October 2021

Report review titled Kindness and care as unsuitable

Replied on 03 November 2021

Dear Patient Thank you for posting a review, particularly at such a difficult time for you. We are very pleased to hear you were treated with kindness and compassion on the unit - your feedback has been shared with the team involved in your care.

8. Review titled Extremely poor disabled access facilities. Poor signage

by Shirley Bampton - Posted on 23 October 2021

There are no signs for disabled access and no disabled parking. The signs to different lift floors were not clearly displayed in the lift and were dirty. There were inappropriately placed weighting scales for patients. When standing on them their face almost touches the wall. The department was poor and needed attention to decoration. When I complained about how difficult it was for my elderly step mum to access the department the staff ensured a hospital wheelchair was available and insisted on making sure my step mum was safe leaving the building. The ramp in place was poor slippery and the gradient did not meet Safe Disabled Access Recommendations for example it was not a 1:15" gradient. As stated in building regulations. It took two nurses to push my step up the ramp and she is a small lady.

Visited Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine on October 2021

Report review titled Extremely poor disabled access facilities. Poor signage as unsuitable

9. Review titled Absolutely brilliant

by Kate Taylor - Posted on 14 September 2021

I visited the Gynaecology department, Sonning Ward, of RBH yesterday. They were wonderful! Before I attended, I was terrified of the idea of the procedure (hysteroscopy) but the team were kind, patient, reassuring, informative and supportive. Everything was explained to me. And it was a totally painless experience. The amazing team supported me throughout and one of the nurses even made me a badge to say well done! Honestly, this couldn’t have been better. I especially liked that it was a team of women. I would recommend this department 100%. At all times I felt safe and calm. I’m very grateful for the excellent care I received, from everyone involved. Thank you, Sonning Ward. You’re doing a BRILLIANT job.

Visited Gynaecology on September 2021

Report review titled Absolutely brilliant as unsuitable

Replied on 16 September 2021

Dear Kate Thank you for posting a review of your experience on Sonning Ward. Your kind comments have been shared with the gynaecology team - they will be very pleased to read that you found them kind, reassuring and supportive. We hope you are recovering well after your procedure.

10. Review titled Thank you Royal Berks!

by Joanna - Posted on 23 August 2021

Having been an inpatient for a few days, every staff member I have met has been so kind and caring- Dorrell Ward, I cannot thank you enough for looking after me so well. Royal Berks should be proud of you. I am confident I will not be discharged until I am well enough (I have been in other hospitals where it feels like the only goal is to be rid of you regardless), and thorough investigations are underway. The urology doctors have been fantastic and proactive in trying to prevent me suffering further bouts of illness. This is not my closest hospital but given a choice I would definitely choose to come here in future should I have the need. I am so grateful for everything.

Visited Urology on August 2021

Report review titled Thank you Royal Berks! as unsuitable

Replied on 25 August 2021

Dear Joanna Thank you for posting a review of your care on Dorrell Ward. It is great to hear you found the ward staff so kind and caring - your feedback has been shared with the team there - they are delighted. We hope you are recovering well and your condition continues to improve.