Practice Plus Group Hospital, Shepton Mallet

1. Review titled Professional and caring

by Neil Dalton - Posted on 04 March 2021

I was naturally anxious when I was advised to have a partial knee replacement, but my concerns were soon put to rest on entering the hospital. All the staff both clinical and non-clinical were incredibly professional, caring and very approachable and soon put my mind to rest. I would like to thank them all for their hard work in these difficult times and will certainly recommend the hospital to anyone needing similar surgery. Thank you all, you are wonderful... I know you can't say that about yourselves but I certainly can; and I know many others say the same. Thank you once again.

Visited Orthopaedics on March 2021

Report review titled Professional and caring as unsuitable

Replied on 05 March 2021

Dear Neil, I am so pleased you had a positive experience. We aim to provide the service you received and it is heartening to hear your feedback. I will make sure that all who looked after you both clinical and non clinical receive your generous comments. Kind regards Jenny Apted, Quality and Governance Manager RN

2. Review titled Excellent experience

by Anthony Martin - Posted on 06 April 2021

From arrival to departure I was so impressed by the whole staff and my treatment was second to none. I was constantly checked for my pain and was quickly out of bed to stand holding a frame checking my balance etc. Day 2 was full Physio training and I was discharged in the afternoon. It is now 3 weeks since my operation and I feel better than I have felt for several years!! I feel expressing my thanks does not go far enough but never less I am so thankful to you all.

Visited Orthopaedics on March 2021

Report review titled Excellent experience as unsuitable

Practice Plus Group Hospital, Shepton Mallet has not yet replied.

3. Review titled Fantastic Experience

by Gary Ridley - Posted on 12 February 2021

I would like to thank all the staff who assisted with my procedure yesterday. I had a fantastic experience from start to finish. I was informed at every stage of my treatment from the surgeon and the anaesthetist.

Visited General Surgery on February 2021

Report review titled Fantastic Experience as unsuitable

Replied on 17 February 2021

Dear Mr Ridley, I am very pleased to hear you have had a positive experience. I will pass on your comments to all the team involved in your care. Have a speedy recovery and keep safe. Kind regards Jenny Apted Quality and Governance Manager.

4. Review titled Fantastic hospital

by Andy smith - Posted on 16 December 2020

Staff from reception to the wards and operating theatres are fantastic they all treat you like a person and not a number thankyou every one

Visited Don't know on December 2020

Report review titled Fantastic hospital as unsuitable

Replied on 14 January 2021

Dear Andy, Thank you posting your review. We are all doing our best to provide the service that you received. It really gives the staff a boost to their morale to hear patients are pleased with their service in these difficult times. kind regards J Apted- Quality and Governance Manager.

5. Review titled A good experience

by Colin Marjoram - Posted on 11 December 2020

What a lovely and empathetic team from consultants (both surgeon and anaesthetist) to the nursing staff, who kept me fully informed at every stage of my treatment. Very impressed with their communication. I would have no hesitation to return for any treatment, if required. Well done. Thank you. Colin Colin

Visited General Surgery on December 2020

Report review titled A good experience as unsuitable

Replied on 16 December 2020

Dear Colin, Thank you very much for your positive comment on your experience with us. Your comments will be forwarded to the teams. Kind regards J Apted Quality and Governance Manager

6. Review titled Excellent

by Neil Leggett - Posted on 24 November 2020

All members of staff that I had dealings with were extremely professional. They were kind, empathetic and understanding. I was treated well and I found everyone to be caring and pleasant. I cannot praise them enough. If ever a stay at a hospital could be pleasant then this was it. If there is a level higher than outstanding I would award it. What a great team.

Visited Orthopaedics on November 2020

Report review titled Excellent as unsuitable

Replied on 26 November 2020

Dear Neil, Thank you for sending your positive comments from your experience with us. The teams really value this positive feedback in these challenging times. Quality and Governance Manager J Apted

7. Review titled Great practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 12 January 2021

Had a full knee replacement last November can not fault the whole staff everyone was great the whole experience went really well. Will certainly reccomend.

Visited Orthopaedics on November 2020

Report review titled Great practice as unsuitable

Replied on 14 January 2021

Hi, We are so pleased you had the great experience at Shepton Mallet; I will ensure the teams see your comment. Thank you. Kind regards J Apted- Quality and Governance Manager

8. Review titled ANOTHER EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE.

by Dave Mead - Posted on 13 January 2021

I have now had both knees replaced at this excellent hospital. I would like to everybody, receptionist, cleaners, catering, nurses, physio's, and operating staff for their care and kindness I received during my stay. Also for the after care, given by the physio and surgeon during this pandemic time. I would highly recommend this hospital to everyone needing joint replacing surgery. A very big thank-you to all.

Report review titled ANOTHER EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE. as unsuitable

Replied on 14 January 2021

Dear Dave, thank you for posting your positive comment. We are pleased to be able to provide the surgery that so many people need and are doing our best to maintain high standards with the compassion that you clearly experienced. Wishing you well and keep safe. Kind regards J Apted -Quality and Governance Manager

9. Review titled Wonderful staff

by Jenny Thompson - Posted on 13 November 2020

I was made to feel very relaxed from the 1st time upto the cataract operation.The staff go to extra care and attention to make you feel comfortable and explain everything to you.They all are a credit to the hospital,and I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.Please stay safe.

Visited Ophthalmology on November 2020

Report review titled Wonderful staff as unsuitable

Replied on 16 November 2020

Dear Jenny, The Ophthalmic team will be delighted to read this comment; your experience of care is what we aim to achieve for all our patients. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Kind Regards J Apted, Quality and Governance Manager.

10. Review titled Cant say enough.

by theresa driver - Posted on 17 March 2021

Who would of thought in the 12 months we have just had I would have had 2 hips replaced within 12 months of first seeing the consultant. I cannot praise the staff enough for all there hard work in these tough times. They were wonderful from the moment you walked in the door to the moment you left as well as the phone calls for help and support. 100 out of 10 from me.

Visited Orthopaedics on September 2020

Report review titled Cant say enough. as unsuitable

Replied on 18 March 2021

Dear Theresa, I am so please you have had your surgery performed and that you had a positive experience at Shepton Mallet Hospital. I hope you will be able to enjoy the benefits of having your hips replaced very soon! Kind regards Jenny Apted, Quality and Governance Manager