Riverbank Medical Centre

01934521133 Walford Avenue, North Worle , Weston Super Mare, Somerset, BS22 7YZ

Paige brown gave Riverbank Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Some of the staff are very rude and jump to conclusions!

Some of the staff here are very rude, I was transferred by the hospital to go back to the doctors and the nurse brushed it off like nothing was wrong when I was in a horrendous amount of pain. I went because I was in a lot of pain and I personally felt like they didn’t care at all! Jumped to conclusions on what it was even though the hospital asked to have a scan they said I didn’t need it even though they still weren’t sure was it was. Felt like they made me feel worthless and made me realise why I don’t like going to places where people are so contradicting. Bang out of order.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 07 September 2018

Ed Butcher gave Riverbank Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

superb caring and attentive service

I am not a lover of blood tests or needles, however the surgery not only organised my ECG and Blood take on the same day, they even arranged it on a day they do not normally take blood, and arranged with one of their staff to deliver to the Hospital. Significant thanks to them for arranging this and the staff member whom offered to assist.

In advance I was provided with some cream and instructions to apply a few hours before the visit.
On arrival the nurse already had the news of my concern and nervousness from the Dr, and was already prepared toease me through the process, and allow me to look the other way and have a conversation with me to the extent I did not even know the blood had been taken.

this is service beyond expectation and credit to all staff for their understanding and consideration of this patient.

Thanks again

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 04 May 2018

On line Patients Access

The new system is not good takes too long go back to the old system please.
If it stays like it is i will not be using it..

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 30 May 2018

Anonymous gave Riverbank Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic and efficient support today

After a call to the surgery with suspected Shingles I received a phone call from the doctor within 1/2 an hour. By 12 o'clock I had seen the doctor in person, got a diagnosis and prescription accompanied with relevant information and support.
Thank you so much for such an easy efficient service.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 30 April 2018

John gave Riverbank Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Great Family Practice

All the Doctors I have had appointments with have always been very informative and helpful, reception are always very happy to help, nursing staff always give excellent care. I would highly recommend this practice to family and friends.
Well done Riverbank - *****

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 20 January 2018

Anonymous gave Riverbank Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Unhelpful

Firstly, I want to say the receptionists are always very helpful.
There is no continuity of treatment. In September I phoned as I was in severe pain with Sciatica which came on at the beginning of August. i was sent to the local phamacist who sold me over the counter pain killers. I then collapsed in the local supermarket and had to be helped to my car. I had an appointment with a doctor who did not examine me and prescribed co codomol. Two days later I returned because my thigh had gone into spasm and saw a medical assistant, having been told the doctor I saw previously had retired. I had seen her in the hall way so was surprised by this. During the medical assistant seeing me I mentioned that I was having incontinence issues and he went next door to ask her (!) about it. I heard her say ‘she’s exaggerating’ and when I firmly stated that I was not exaggerating he denied she had said it. As a result of this non belief, non examination, and indifference I decided to go firstly to a chiropracter and then a physiotherapist, who both confirmed that I clearly had problems.
After two weeks I had a letter from Southmead hospital requesting a follow up appointment. I had never been before and poured out the whole story to the caller. She said she would have a word with the consultant to get me an appointment. I then had an appointment, an MRI and then a consultation, which confimed I had a bulging disk trapping a nerve at L4-5. Stronger painkillers were recommended and I was then recalled to the hospital to have a nerve block. This was only marginally successful, as the consultant had thought in my case.
Then followed another appointment for my pre op for surgery, and another MRI. It transpires that additional to the trapped nerve it looks ad though I have S1 lumberisation. A date was
set for my op, but I was anaemic and it was suggested I return to my GP for iron treatment.
He refused and set up an endoscopy and gastroposcopy, which both returned clear.
Yesterday I phoned asking for the iron treatment to commence and i started yesterday
evening. Today Southmead phoned to ask the GP for a swab to be taken for MRSA as this had been missed at the pre op. Whoever that GP was refused according to the nurse who phoned to ask me to go to the hospital. I asked her if she meant they were unable to do it and she repeated that no, they had refused to do it, i called the surgery and the lady there said there was so record of Southmead having called, which means whoever took the call did nor report it onto the system. The GPs at this surgery (that I have met) are very dismissive and obstructive.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 06 February 2018

Riverbank Medical Centre replied on 07 February 2018

Dear Patient, we are sorry that you have felt that you have cause to complain about the service offered to you by the practice. We take all such complaints seriously and we would like to hear from you formally in order for us to fully investigate all the concerns that you have raised.

In the meantime we would like to response to your comment around taking pre-operative swabs, or indeed any pre-operative testing, on behalf of any hospital. There is clear criteria around this and hospitals should not be calling GP surgeries or directing patients to their GP to undertake these. This is due to the hospital having consulted with and listed the patient for a specific operation and it is therefore their full responsibility to carry out all tests in connection with that operation. The GP only gets involved should ongoing treatment be required from the results of a pre-operative assessment which leads to the operation being delayed/cancelled until the problem has been resolved/controlled.

We look forward to hearing from you so that we are able to respond in full to your complaint. Please pick up a complaints form from reception or put your concerns in writing to me at the practice.

Yours faithfully

Mrs Laura Dadds
Practice Manager

Salfish gave Riverbank Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Well run surgery

Excellent surgery. All staff are very helpful.can usually get appointment when needed.if the doctor is running late it says when u book in. Which i found is very rare.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 04 January 2018

Consultation today

I feel very lucky to have reasonably good health but when I needed the surgery it was easy and convenient. Reception are extremely helpful and supportive. The GP was fantastic. Gave me time and consideration. Was exploratory and very informative. The nurse was equally excellent. I am always impressed by Riverbank. Thank you.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 07 November 2017

Jen Robinson gave Riverbank Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

A caring and sensible practice

We were visiting the area on holiday when my little boy needed an eye drop prescription from a doctor. We had been sent round the houses by other surgeries and NHS 111 some who had suggested we go to A&E which we knew was ridiculous. Riverbank applied logic to the situation in a very caring manner and we managed to get a prescription for our little boy without our holiday being affected too much. Keep up the amazing work. Thankyou!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 13 September 2017

35171 gave Riverbank Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

My Testimony

I have been a most satisfied patient of the Riverbank Medical Centre over the four and a half years I have lived in Weston-super-Mare. I think it is extremely well run and all the staff are most helpful and courteous. I have always received the best attention whenever I have visited or had to phone in. I think, over the years I was a patient, before moving away, I have either seen or spoken with most of the doctors at some point. My opinion is that you have a wonderful team of doctors; highly motivated, skilled and with wonderful interpersonal skills - what is often called "bedside manner." The nursing staff maintain very high standards without losing the personal touch and displaying great interest in their patients. The receptionists and admin staff have always been most helpful. There is not a trace, here, of the obstructive receptionist keeping patients at a distance from the doctors. Please pass on my sincerest thanks to all at the Medical Centre for looking after me so well. You all surpassed yourselves in helping and supporting me, as a patient, in gaining more control and responsibility for my own health and well being and swiftly coming to my aid when things were beyond my control.

You have the utmost respect from this former patient, and I hope that you enjoy the same respect from your current patients, too; certainly you deserve it.

From a patient who is sorry to be losing you; I wish I could take you all with me.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017