STORRSDALE MEDICAL CENTRE

1. Review titled excellent service and friendly practice

by paul sung - Posted on 04 February 2020

It was a short wait and easy to book in, using the touch screen, the staff are friendly and helpful.The establishment is clean and tidy. The doctor was very undertsanding and helpful with my health problem. I would recomend this practice to all.

Visited February 2020

Report review titled excellent service and friendly practice as unsuitable

2. Review titled Great service, friendly and very professional

by Anonymous - Posted on 18 March 2020

Always a very friendly, professional, proactive service offered by the team. Always helpful and have got us through some tough times.

Visited January 2020

Report review titled Great service, friendly and very professional as unsuitable

3. Review titled Excellent practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 19 February 2020

Polite friendly staff who go out of their way to accommodate and help patients with their medical needs and sorting last minute prescriptions. If they do not have any appointments left they don’t refuse care and will arrange an out of hours appointment. I see the same doctor every time I have an appointment who again has been excellent and I don’t have to explain my medical needs again from the start. I wish I switched to this practice sooner. I even receive a phone call appointment from my doctor at 7pm and I often see staff cars outside the practice working well into the evening to support the patients’ needs. Anyone who complains about this practice really doesn’t know how bad and understaffed other practices can be! Fantastic place!

Visited January 2020

Report review titled Excellent practice as unsuitable

4. Review titled Appointments

by Anonymous - Posted on 11 July 2019

I was finally able to get an appointment today after calling every morning since Friday. This morning I had my phone on automatic redial and I actually called over 200 times before I was able to get through. 200 times! Upon speaking to the receptionist who was very understanding I was given an appointment with the nurse. (It was 8.15 and all of the doctor appointments had gone!). The need to see a doctor was urgent and my 3.15 appointment, which took place at 3.35 meant I had to lose two and a half hours from work. The nurse was very helpful and made an urgent referral for me. My past experiences have been similar. I’m 6 months pregnant and I can never get an appointment with the GP. Each time I have been sent to an out of hours clinic with an appointment after 8.00pm in the evening! If you work full time do not register with this surgery as you will not be able to get an appointment. I know I am not alone as several people complained about the same issue whilst I was waiting. I completely understand that the staff are under pressure however the system is outdated and not fit for the amount of patients at the practice. As a pregnant woman I should have been dealt with as a priority instead of having to call for 4 days before I got an appointment.

Visited July 2019

Report review titled Appointments as unsuitable

Review titled STORRSDALE MEDICAL CENTRE

Replied on 11 July 2019

Hi, Sorry to hear about your frustration with the current system of telephone. We have been looking to change the way our telephone system and appointment system works. We are getting a better phone system in August 2019, which will help with better communication with patients and the practice. Also we will be launching E- consultation for patients to send their problems in a approved form electronically where they will be triaged within 24 hours by a clinician. This will help patients having to ring every morning for an appointment. Once again apologies for the the delay caused to get an appointment, we will look into it and improve the system. Thanking you for reporting the issue. It helps us in learning and improving.

5. Review titled recent appointment

by Anonymous - Posted on 04 June 2019

the GP took the time to fully explain the skin tag removal to me, as well as any effects of the anaesthetic and aftercare requirements. I felt fully informed and completely at ease with the procedure that I was about to go through. Great service

Visited June 2019

Report review titled recent appointment as unsuitable

6. Review titled Good Doctors. Appointment system dreadful

by Anonymous - Posted on 26 May 2019

On 21st May I had a fall and sustained a broken nose and various bruising. I attended Garston Walk In Centre and was examined by a practice nurse. He was excellent. He dressed the damage to the nose stemming the blood and gave a most thorough examination to ensure no further obvious damage, advised pain killers (paracetamol) and told me that once the swelling on my nose had gone down in a week or two to go and see my GP who would decide if further treatment was necessary. Thinking that the swelling would subside within 2 weeks I phoned the surgery on the 23rd May for an advance appointment, explaining my injuries and the for reason for my call. I was told that the next advance appointment date was June 25th. FOUR WEEKS !! I said to the receptionist that I found that extraordinary. She said that I could phone at 8am on any day for an appointment but I was already aware of that arrangement and know the difficulties of trying to get through at that time. Telephone access after say,10am is OK but too late for an appointment that day. I would mention that I am 80 years of age and this injury is giving me a lot of discomfort. I am not asking for preferential treatment, just sensible arrangements. I have no problem with the quality of the doctors or their diagnoses, just the appointment system.

Report review titled Good Doctors. Appointment system dreadful as unsuitable

7. Review titled New Patient & New Mum

by Jo Donnelly - Posted on 18 April 2019

I recently moved into the area and registered myself and my newborn. At registration no one made me aware that the practice does not automatically send you appointments for your 6 week post natal check / babies 6-8 week check. My previous GP practice did this so I assumed that all practices did. When I followed up, I was initially given two separate appointments both past the recommended time lines recommended by the NHS. I was told to keep. The appointments and to call in when my baby was 8 weeks yo try and get an appointment. I requested a call back from the Practice Manager regarding my babies check. The practice manager did not call me back, however I did receive a call back from a member of staff with an earlier appointment for my baby that was within NHS guidelines. Whiltsr this maybe a training issue I would expect all staff to be aware that if a mum calls regarding a new born they must be given priority in terms of appointments. Patients should

Report review titled New Patient & New Mum as unsuitable

8. Review titled Care is good - appointment system dreadful

by Vicky - Posted on 26 April 2019

The care in this surgery is good and we have been with the surgery for around 12 years however have taken the decision to leave and find another Dr due to the difficulty in getting an appointment - or even getting through to the surgery by phone. Just to flag that although the surgery advertises online appointments as available when we have enquired about this the reception staff have been spectacularly unhelpful and seem to have no idea how to actually register for this so we gave up trying. If you are considering this surgery you need to think about how important it is to you to be able to contact them easily and get appointments - if you have half an hour to spare to try and get through on the phone then its all good!

Visited April 2019

Report review titled Care is good - appointment system dreadful as unsuitable

9. Review titled Frustration trying to get appointments

by Gareth Blair - Posted on 26 April 2019

For the past 2 days, my Wife and I have tried to get through for an appointment for my son to see the Doctor. We used 2 phones. We were both trying for approximately 30 mins. 150+ calls on both devices. Yesterday when we eventually got through there was an answer machine message stating there was staff training and the phone cut off immediately. Today, the same message was on but we managed to get through. No appointments left. What are we meant to do other than in the short term go the the drop in centre and then eventually change Doctors. It is not the first time this has happened. My son has eczema and has recently been diagnosed with BXO. We initially saw the Dr about this and he was referred to Alder Hey. After a week we had still not heard anything so I chased it up and the referral was still on reception. No one called to ask stating it was ready. Very poor. It delayed my sons appointment at the hospital. He currently has spots all over his legs, some are which are yellow and look infected. We have been told we can “book online”.....you can’t. The website is awful. To be frank, I will be amazed if this e mail gets a response because it’s so bad.

Visited April 2019

Report review titled Frustration trying to get appointments as unsuitable

10. Review titled Cyst removed

by M. Spencer - Posted on 12 April 2019

The doctor removed a cyst as per my request. He was very efficient, polite, friendly and helpful, explaining what he was doing etc . The procedure was quick and painless and I couldn't have asked for better treatment.

Visited April 2019

Report review titled Cyst removed as unsuitable