Queens Road Surgery

1. Review titled Very helpful staff

by Paul Herron - Posted on 31 May 2022

Went above and beyond to get my covid passport after many tries and no one else could help. Very helpful,resourceful and friendly.

Visited April 2022

Report review titled Very helpful staff as unsuitable

Replied on 01 June 2022

Thank you for your feedback. Comments and suggestions from patients are always welcome and allow us to review the service we provide. We will pass your comments onto the team who will be delighted to hear this. Queens Road Surgery

2. Review titled Outstanding customer service.

by Anonymous - Posted on 22 December 2021

After a recent health problem, which was attended to on the day, I returned to organise a repeat prescription, arrange to get some bloods taken and arrange a follow up consultation. Prescription was sorted out immediately, bloods were done in 5 minutes (immediately) and a consultation arranged within 48 hours for follow up (with a choice of male/female GP's). Work commitments prevented a quicker GP appointment. The receptionist was simply outstanding in her conduct. All credit to this person and Queens Road Surgery as a whole, who in my opinion and experience have been simply outstanding at looking after their patients in an exemplary manner throughout these COVID-19 pandemic.

Visited December 2021

Report review titled Outstanding customer service. as unsuitable

Replied on 01 June 2022

3. Review titled Great Service

by Paul - Posted on 05 October 2021

On Monday Morning 4th October I phoned GP Practice and spoke to Receptionist stating that the problem was not with me but with a friend of mine and asked if I could speak to the Duty Doctor. I gave her my friends details and told the receptionist that a certain Doctor knew all about him. The Receptionist said that she would get the GP to phone me in the afternoon and sure enough the GP did phone me yesterday afternoon. Thanks for this great service. I would advice anyone to register with QRS I give all the staff 100/% for the great job they are all doing.

Visited October 2021

Report review titled Great Service as unsuitable

Replied on 26 October 2021

Thank you for your feedback. Comments and suggestions from patients are always welcome and allow us to review the service we provide. We will pass your comments onto the team who will be delighted to hear this. Just to make you aware, the practice also has a patient participation group, which ensures patients are involved in decisions about the range and quality of services provided. If you are interested in joining our patient participation group and would like to get actively involved, please contact the Practice Manager John Blackburn at the surgery on 01207 585890 or e-mail: cdccg.queensroad@nhs.net who will gladly provide you with details of meeting times and up and coming projects.

4. Review titled Nice people but system isn't for 9-5 workers

by Anonymous - Posted on 24 September 2021

It's hugely frustrating that this surgery has one small and solvable problem that means I will be moving and registering elsewhere. The only way to book an appointment is to register for a call through the app. I don't mind the app, or even getting online at 8am, but it doesn't allow you to chose a time for your call - they ring you at any random time that day. I work full time, I am in and out of meetings all day and however much I have tried, this system is impossible for me. I miss the calls, then I'm back at 8am the next morning entering what feels like a pot luck raffle, hoping they will call at a time I can take the call. If I could even state an hour long slot within which to receive a call it would be fine, but however good the staff are at the surgery, this process makes it impossible for me to access medical care so I have no choice but to move.

Visited September 2021

Report review titled Nice people but system isn't for 9-5 workers as unsuitable

Replied on 26 October 2021

May I apologise on behalf of the Practice for the unsatisfactory experience and difficulties you have recently encountered. We welcome all patient feedback as this provides us with a valuable insight into our services from a patient’s perspective and allows us to reflect on Practice performance. We constantly review our services and try to meet our patient’s needs. The Practice has a robust system when dealing with complaints. I would be very happy to meet with you to discuss the issues that you have highlighted. If you wish to do so then please contact the Practice and ask John Blackburn Practice Manager and we can then discuss this further.

5. Review titled Super Efficient Practice

by Sandra - Posted on 24 September 2021

My husband and I attended the surgery for our flu jab on Saturday 18th September and the set up was absolutely amazing. It was run like a military operation with people moving swiftly and smoothly through the building. Very impressive service, thankyou.

Visited September 2021

Report review titled Super Efficient Practice as unsuitable

6. Review titled Fabulous practice

by Andrew - Posted on 23 May 2021

On a Friday morning I woke with health problem. At 8 AM I spoke to the lovely receptionist and by noon I was in the RVI receiving emergency treatment. It was exactly what the GP thought during his phone consultation early on Friday morning, advising me to go to the RVI asap. I cannot commend this surgery more highly. All staff deserve the highest praise as a trusted, friendly, caring practice that has had an awful year yet gone beyond their obligations once again for their patient. A credit to the NHS.

Visited May 2021

Report review titled Fabulous practice as unsuitable

Replied on 26 May 2021

Thank you for your feedback. Comments and suggestions from patients are always welcome and allow us to review the service we provide. We will pass your comments onto the team who will be delighted to hear this. Just to make you aware, the practice also has a patient participation group, which ensures patients are involved in decisions about the range and quality of services provided. If you are interested in joining our patient participation group and would like to get actively involved, please contact the Practice Operations Manager John Blackburn at the surgery on 01207 585890 or e-mail: cdccg.queensroad@nhs.net who will gladly provide you with details of meeting times and up and coming projects.

7. Review titled Great Practice

by Maurice & Sheila. - Posted on 01 April 2021

Surgery phoned on 30th March to offer an appointment for our 2nd vaccination for the next day - booked it for 9.15 & 9.20am. Arrived on time, straight in, had our vaccinations and was home in half an hour. No waiting and all very pleasant and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. A big thank you to surgery and Shotley Bridge Hospital staff.

Visited March 2021

Report review titled Great Practice as unsuitable

Replied on 06 April 2021

8. Review titled Excellent practice

by Maria - Posted on 06 March 2021

Having various ongoing issues and been passed back and fourth from consultants at hospitals every member of staff at queens road from the receptionist to nurses to GPS have provided me with excellent care, pressing to get the help and answers I needed. I feel for a GP practice these are very bespoke and I feel supported and looked after; I have a huge amount of trust in my GP. I have had calls to check up on me and doctors who genuinely care. I cannot recommend this surgery enough. Members of my family have moved from other practices to here and agree the care of patients is superior.

Visited February 2021

Report review titled Excellent practice as unsuitable

Replied on 08 March 2021

9. Review titled Great service

by Michael Malone - Posted on 25 January 2021

My wife and myself had our Coronavirus vaccination on Saturday. From parking on arrival to leaving took 10 minutes! Excellent service from lovely staff at a superb practice. Thanks to all of you.

Visited January 2021

Report review titled Great service as unsuitable

Replied on 08 March 2021

10. Review titled Just Amazing!!

by Paula - Posted on 21 January 2021

I just wanted to express my thanks to all at Queens Road Surgery. They continue to offer the BEST help and support I have ever witnessed from a GP practice (even under current circumstances when they are all under so much pressure). They put themselves at risk every day to ensure we are all well looked after. The care and support my family and I have always received in 12 years of being at Queens Road deserves recognition. Thank you all! We certainly appreciate everything you do.

Visited January 2021