Penn Manor Medical Practice

1. Review titled Professionally incompetent

by Michael Pearce - Posted on 05 April 2020

How can I describe professionally incompetent, well try this: Turning up a first consultation, for a twenty minute appointment and the doctor hasn’t even got your medical records, when asking questions like ‘i’ve got an acute problem with my heart, so I’ve just been told’, the doctor then shrugging his shoulders and saying ‘well I haven’t got a clue.’.At the same meeting, the only net effect (well because the doctor hadn’t got my medical records), being I had to make a self referral to healthy minds for a mental health condition, spending four months (four months!) trying to get eventually through to a nurse at healthy minds (eventual telephone interview ringback), then been told ‘no you can’t come here’, we’re referring you back to your doctor and complex care. I thought no don’t do that, I’ll die of old age before I get into complex care, then they’ll only tell me to get a job stacking shelves in Morrisons. Then there was the practices policy on the ‘effectively’ bed ridden, which must be locked in a vault somewhere, because still till this day a year after joining the practice and despite numerous emails and being ‘effectively’ bed ridden I still till to this day, haven’t got a clue what there policy is?, assuming they have any policies at all, it’s all a bit ‘ad hoc’ down Penn Manor. I’ve met a doctor that hasn’t got a clue on the practices policies, you’re lucky if they’ve got your medical records and even if they have they are a shambles. Then there was the doctor who was supposed to see me (as I sort of lay in bed in constant pain), well he couldn’t be bothered showing up could he, the practice is only 5 minutes away. I had an ambulance driver attend me, he spent two hours with me, whilst I was in constant pain, he said ‘it’s not much, but I can get your doctor to see you tomorrow.’, but of course the doctor never showed up, I think my brother pursued the matter for two weeks, ‘where is this doctor!’, well then gave up. Cost me six months in bed in constant pain, after say four years of exactly the same thing!. Then there was the doctor who well said ‘I have reviewed the letter we have received from Nottingham Hospital. She has advised as you had no acute cardiac problem when she saw you she feels that no referral is required at present.’. I’ve got it in writing. Well I hadn’t been over in Nottingham for 5 years, I had been in Wolverhampton, the last 5 years!, she sat in the appointment and she said ‘well I need to get medical records over from Nottingham on your heart’. I said ‘why?, I’ve been camped out in some Wolverhampton cardiology dept for the last year, it’s only up the road.’, no she wasn’t having it!. So she spent six weeks, received some letter from Nottingham, who hadn’t seen me for 5 years! (sort of ignored I was at Wolverhampton cardiology), won’t be making a referral to Wolverhampton cardiology (where I was) and was due to undertake 6 monthly check-ups but missed one because I was till Ill to attend (bed ridden).

Visited March 2020

Report review titled Professionally incompetent as unsuitable

2. Review titled Brilliant Doctor

by Lisa Williams - Posted on 23 January 2020

My doctor is an excellent, refreshing Doctor. She is compassionate, respectful, highly efficient and knowledgeable. I highly recommend her as an invaluable member of the practice.

Visited January 2020

Report review titled Brilliant Doctor as unsuitable

3. Review titled Vaccination for travel

by Anonymous - Posted on 29 October 2019

Hopeless, failed to correctly recommend the appropriate vaccine requirements for my holiday destination, despite giving clear details of my travel plans. Following my request for a review based on another travelers experience were the recommendations revised, I could have been placed at risk had I not spoken to others and investigated myself.

Visited October 2019

Report review titled Vaccination for travel as unsuitable

4. Review titled Quick appointment when I needed it

by Patricia Price - Posted on 13 September 2019

I requested an appointment to see a doctor because of raised blood pressure at the hospital which I knew hadn't been taken correctly so I was asked to record it for a week and see a gp. I requested and got an appointment with in the week. I have never had a problem seeing a professional when I needed one. An advanced nurse actually saved my life with the advice she gave me that I would never have done without her advice. A big thank you to her.

Visited September 2019

Report review titled Quick appointment when I needed it as unsuitable

5. Review titled Great supportive surgery

by Anonymous - Posted on 11 July 2019

I will always recommend Penn manor to others. Staff are fantastic and very supportive to your needs. I've never had a bad experience with any visit neither have my children from when they was younger to adults they are now. Staff are always kind and caring. I can also say they have a very helpful understanding and give time to help people with mental illness, this is not just the drs or nurses. One particular staff member who is part of resepition team has been great help with one of my daughters who sufferers with GAD now feels comfortable to go in and speak to her even on bad days as she feel confident speaking to someone who doesn't belittle or make you feel bad or an inconvenient. (Where she has felt like In places like shops or on outings) because she speaks to my daughter as a person. Great practice keep up the hard work couldn't ask for anything better.

Visited July 2019

Report review titled Great supportive surgery as unsuitable

Replied on 11 July 2019

Thank you for your comments, they have been passed to the staff. It is so helpful to us to receive feedback and we thank you for taking the time to do so. From the staff and Doctors at Penn Manor Medical Centre

6. Review titled Excellent service

by Patricia Price - Posted on 26 July 2019

I had asked advice from a pharmacist who couldn't help so telephoned for an appointment with the nurse practitioner on the next day. No problem. Well done

Visited July 2019

Report review titled Excellent service as unsuitable

7. Review titled Excellent Customer Service

by Tonks - Posted on 19 July 2019

I called the surgery on 18/7/19 to speak with Repeat prescriptions for an item I needed urgently, I had run out of a daily medication but the lady on reception calmly and very reassuringly got the details of what I needed and assured me I could collect it later in the day. The Surgery staff are always professional & welcoming even in busy times, I have seen very rude people talking to staff in a way that I would find unacceptable but they always remain professional and polite. Big thanks to Reception for obviously being more than ‘just reception’ they are informed and keep things flowing Brilliant! And the lady who I saw on Repeat Prescriptions again, no fuss just very professional and welcoming! I feel lucky to be a patient this Medical Center ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Report review titled Excellent Customer Service as unsuitable

Penn Manor Medical Practice has not yet replied.

8. Review titled The nurse is excellent!!

by Lisa Williams - Posted on 28 May 2019

Following an accident whilst abroad where I had to have 25+ stitches. I tried to get an appointment but phone rang out continually so I eventually gave up! The following day I tried again from 8:30 and eventually got through on the afternoon at 4:30!!! I asked to see a Dr but no appts were available and I was told it would be the following week and I would have to call on the Morning each day!! I said I needed help immediately and she said I could see a nurse. She redressed my wound and gave me antibiotics. However, when I had to later visit another nurse I was finally treated with respect, kindness and professional efficiency. I was seriously considering changing Drs. however, this nurse renewed my faith in the practice. Please hold onto her.. she is a credit to Penn Manor!

Visited May 2019

Report review titled The nurse is excellent!! as unsuitable

Replied on 28 May 2019

Thank you for adding feedback for the Practice. It would be helpful to receive dissatisfaction or compliments directly to the Practice also so that we may act upon them to improve services. All feedback is welcomed. Thank you, the Penn Manor team

9. Review titled Urine sample

by wassa - Posted on 13 May 2019

I took in urine sample on Wednesday 8th of May I called on Friday the 10th May and was told they had sent it and to ring on the Monday when they said they could not find the sample and could I supply another one so I pose the question what happened to my first one this as caused some worry as I wanted my result

Visited May 2019

Report review titled Urine sample as unsuitable

Replied on 13 May 2019

I am sorry to hear you had difficulties with your sample. It is more pro-active to not only add review here but also to inform the Practice so that they may investigate the issues around this and respond to you directly. The only way we know when there are improvements to be made or an issue has taken place is by patients contacting us. If you would like me to look into this further, please contact me at the Practice. Thank you Helen Ryan - Practice Manager Helen.ryan3@nhs.net

10. Review titled Excellent care

by Pat price - Posted on 27 April 2019

I had cause to ask for an urgent appointment. I was given an appointment to see a doctor in the afternoon. He was brilliant, listening skills were very good. No complaints at all.

Visited April 2019

Report review titled Excellent care as unsuitable

Replied on 27 April 2019

Thank you for your feedback, it is encouraging to hear. From the Penn Manor Team