Montgomery-House Surgery

1. Review titled Worst Practice

by Angry and ill - Posted on 11 May 2021

Phone and told have to book on line. Go on line and unable to book appointment as website is a mess and unnavigable Then you are told you can only book an appointment on the day your doctor works, but will not tell you who they are so unable to book This once great practice now makes me consider just going to A&E when I have nothing more that a sniffle as this is the only way I can see a doctor

Visited May 2021

Report review titled Worst Practice as unsuitable

Replied on 12 May 2021

Please accept our apologies for any aspects of our service that did not meet the normal high standard you would expect from us. We continue to operate under the very high presuures caused by the pandemic and offering the COVID-19 vaccination upto 3 days a week to our patient. With the recent lifting of restrictions and more patients returning to work there has also been a very large increase in demand at the same time as trying to catch up with the backlog of issues from the previous 12 months. Like most other practices during the pandemic (and all Bicester practices) we have switch to a same day appointment system for GP appointments. We also encourage patients to contact us on the day their GP normally works so that we we can ensure continuity of care. We encourage the use of our online eConsultation as this allows the patient to submit details of their medical issue in their own time, providing the clinician with lots of important information up front - this then allows us to review and treat the issue much more quickly. A very large link to our eConsult is on our website homepage. Likewise the information on which days our GPs work is also easily available on our website. The eConsults also allows us to triage issues so those, like a "sniffle" can be reviewed by our trained minor illness nurses, or the patient signposted to a more appropriate service such as a community pharmacist. In Primary Care at the current time matching resources to demand is an evergrowing problem, and we have asked our patients, where they can, to help us with this so we can run a more effecient and effect service - and thereby treat many more patients.

2. Review titled Recommended Practice

by Alysen - Posted on 26 January 2021

I was diagnosed with a new disease last autumn and because of this, have been in contact with this local GP surgery more than I've ever had to be in my whole life. It's been a scary and overwhelming time for me, as well as a steep learning curve, and they've been great. I haven't been easy for them I don't think :) but I've been treated with care and patience and I'm extremely thankful for this. My doctor has been brilliant and the nurses that I've consistently dealt with have been kind and taken time to speak with me, offering encouragement. I've also many times been greeted with warmth on the phone when ringing the surgery or when I arrive which honestly has helped so much. The whole world is in a crazy time right now, and I'm sure it's been an overwhelming time for Montgomery-House so thank you for all you've continued to provide for me, as well as for many others. I'm very grateful for you!

Visited January 2021

Report review titled Recommended Practice as unsuitable

Replied on 12 May 2021

Thank you for your kind comments that have been passed on to the team. Hopefully we will be out of the COVID situation soon that will allow us to return to normality.

3. Review titled Poor practice and disappointing

by Anonymous - Posted on 27 January 2021

I suffer with chronic tonsillitis which in most cases turns bacterial. I had contacted the practice and due to covid had a telephone appointment to which a nurse spoke to me, she asked me to send photos of my throat which I did. I at this point was in tears as I could hardly speak, I had puss on my throat and tonsils to which she told me I need a covid test and to just take painkillers. Two days later and a negative covid test (which I knew because I have chronic tonsillitis) I called for help again to which I spoke to the same nurse who said my photos didn’t seem severe. By this stage I cannot eat, drink, talk properly and swollow. I called 111 who were extremely upset that a doctor had not seen nor spoke to me from the practice due to my symptoms and negative covid test. They kindly made a point that a doctor spoke to me and I finally received proper treatment of antibiotics and started to feel better within 2 days. What angers me is that I want to speak to a doctor firstly and secondly if I had I would have possibly not suffered the way I did if I had been treated the first time I called. Very disappointed as I have normally had great experiences with the practice.

Visited January 2021

Report review titled Poor practice and disappointing as unsuitable

Montgomery-House Surgery has not yet replied.

4. Review titled Excellent service

by KenH - Posted on 14 December 2020

I have used this surgery since moving to Bicester 5 years ago. I have never come across a more friendly surgery in my 78 years. Perfect

Visited December 2020

Report review titled Excellent service as unsuitable

Replied on 14 December 2020

Ken, Thank you very much for you kind words. These are most appreciated by all staff, especially during COVID-19 and additional work that has brought us. Steve Sharpe Practice Manager

5. Review titled Always excellent

by Anonymous - Posted on 09 January 2021

Have been with this practice over 40+ years, always consistently excellent, very professional, friendly and polite at every visit, never had cause to complain. Highly recommended!

Visited December 2020

Report review titled Always excellent as unsuitable

Replied on 10 January 2021

Hi, Thank you for your wonderful kind comments, which we will pass on to our staff. Steve Sharpe Practice Manager

6. Review titled Possibly the Worst GP's Website I have Ever Seen

by Anonymous - Posted on 10 September 2020

Practice seems fine, but the website is something else. Straight from the 1990s, knocked up by an amateur. It is truly horrendous. Totally inaccessible and confusing, numerous sub-sub-sub categories of pages, no consistency, no breadcrumbs (explain that to the 'developer'), links to services that suggest that they offer what you want (eg online appointments), but after wasting hours registering or completing information, you find out that you have to telephone the surgery anyway. Reflects poorly on a decent surgery.

Visited September 2020

Report review titled Possibly the Worst GP's Website I have Ever Seen as unsuitable

Replied on 12 September 2020

Hi, Thank you for your feedback on our website. The main website is one that has been designed with feedback from many patients at various practices and has been adopted by many practices. The idea behind it is that for most items you need to contact us with you enter a room and select the appropriate action, rather than being an information only(leaflet style) website that are not used. We provide feedback to the developers along with the other practices using this set up and ongoing changes are made from this. As you will appreciate, certain services may be withdrawn at the moment as we go through the COVID-19 pandemic, with areas changing regularly to meet this. With regards the eConsult element I think you ellude to, this has to be set-up so that the correct questions are asked for each issue the patient may have. Again this system is used my around a 1000 practices. Certain safety measures are included in its design so that should a patient state that part of their issue cannot wait due to medical urgency to be responded to in the normal timescale then they are directed to call the practice or contact 999 as apropriate. Generally we have a 85-95% satisfaction rate with eConsult from patients. Many thanks Steve Sharpe Practice Manager

7. Review titled Terrible

by Anonymous - Posted on 21 September 2020

Not helpful don't ring back takes upto 20 minutes on phone to get through the no appointments very bad sevice

Visited September 2020

Report review titled Terrible as unsuitable

Replied on 01 November 2020

We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with our service. As you will appreciate during COVID-19 we can at times have reduced staff in our Patient Services. Our average telephone response rate is answering within a few minutes, but at very busy periods this can be longer. We have a free callback option that allows you to remain in our telelephone queu and receive a callback when you get to the front. With regards appointments, most of our GP appointments are booked on the day, and at the time of your posting there remained quite a bit of capacity. Our Nurses and HCAs in seeing most of the patients face to face are having to change PE and clean down their rooms inbetween patients because of COVID - this has reduced the number of appointments they have by about 25%. We are also directed by the NHS to prioritise appointments to those most at risk at the present time. Where we can we have also increased the number of Nurse and HCA appointments. Thank you Steve Sharpe Practice Manager

8. Review titled Thank you

by Anonymous - Posted on 31 October 2020

Just to say a big thank you to all your staff for how they’ve handled the last few weeks and months. The flu jab clinic was inspired and felt like a formula one pit stop team - huge thanks to all that came in on a weekend to help keep your patients safe. Also massive thanks for dealing with probably 200% times your normal workload what with responding to all the eConsult requests and queries on top of normal appointments (even if they’re on the phone!) So just a big thank you for working so hard over the last few months, for all the adjustments and support systems in place.

Visited September 2020

Report review titled Thank you as unsuitable

Replied on 01 November 2020

Thank you. Your comments are very much appreciated by all of our staff. Steve Sharpe Practice Manager

9. Review titled Best Experience

by Jo Sandy-Goodey - Posted on 09 September 2020

After 6 months being treated by AMHT, I got passed back to my GP. I was apprehensive and the mask situation is difficult but I saw a nurse for bloods - she was so attentive and caring, then the health nurse who was equally as caring. My GP is brilliant and I finally met the person who has put up with my attitude on the phone. Lovely, professional and best young receptionist ever. I’m letting bygones be bygones at this stage, thank you all for making my experience so positive

Report review titled Best Experience as unsuitable

Replied on 12 September 2020

Jo, Thank you for you comments. A difficult year for you and I hope that we have been able to help. Steve Sharpe Practice Manager

10. Review titled Flu jab

by Clive Day - Posted on 16 November 2020

Easy in and out system in place so very helpful. Was even supplied with a mask as one side of mine had broken. The volunteer was very helpful with the form i had to fill in.

Visited August 2020

Report review titled Flu jab as unsuitable

Replied on 16 November 2020

Clive, Thank you, your comments are very much appreciated as a lot of work goes into the clinics. Steve Sharpe, Practice Manager