Laurel Bank Surgery

1. Review titled Great Care

by Charlotte Whelan - Posted on 15 January 2021

Cannot thank the doctor who I saw today enough! I’m not allowed to mention names but they really put my mind at ease after going in about an issue I’ve been putting off for a while. The care, attention and advice of this doctor made me feel like I had a weight lifted off my shoulders and I genuinely feel like I could speak to them about any issues I may have in the future. I have always been treated well at this GP and would wholeheartedly recommend to anyone in the area, especially students as the doctors seem to be really understanding!

Report review titled Great Care as unsuitable

Replied on 18 January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments. I will pass on your words to the clinician that you saw who will most certainly be pleased to hear that they were able to help. Thank you once again and take care.

2. Review titled A superb practice

by Zach - Posted on 14 February 2021

The doctors know what they are talking about and recognised that I had health condition in less than two appointments, whereas that past experience I had prior, I had been relentlessly ignored. The accessibility of the GPs and their knowledge of your medical history is also astounding when considering their eye watering portfolio, which covers the Headingly, Kirkstall and Bramley region. In addition to the support that I have received from the GPS, the nurses are always a welcoming presence in the surgery. All in all, a welcoming practice.

Visited January 2021

Report review titled A superb practice as unsuitable

Replied on 15 February 2021

Thank you for such positive comments. Feedback such as this gives the staff a real morale boost. It's so rewarding to hear how happy you are with the care you have received from the team.

3. Review titled Going that extra mile...

by Jennifer - Posted on 07 January 2021

I recently visited Laurel bank surgery and felt compelled to leave a review praising the staff. I had an appointment for my 9 week old son and when we arrived he became very upset as he wanted feeding. One of the Drs very kindly asked if I was ok and showed an enormous amount of empathy by letting me breastfeed in her office even though that meant she had to sacrifice her very precious time. Then the Dr I was supposed to be seeing came to the room I was in for my appointment. The kindness they showed made such a difference to my morning and I’m extremely grateful that they went to extra mile with regards to my care. A great team!

Visited January 2021

Report review titled Going that extra mile... as unsuitable

Replied on 11 January 2021

Thankyou for your kind words and for taking the time out to leave this comment. Your feedback means a lot to us and we take pride in going that extra mile for our patients. I will ensure that your comments are shared with the surgery staff. Take care.

4. Review titled Friendly helpful practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 20 November 2020

All the practice staff are doing an amazing job in these challenging times. Every time I have had reason to contact the practice I have been treated with kindness, understanding and actions that have relieved my stress. Reception staff are always pleasant and helpful when I have spoken with them on the phone or in the surgery.

Visited November 2020

Report review titled Friendly helpful practice as unsuitable

Replied on 21 November 2020

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to leave it. I will ensure that your thoughtful words are shared with the surgery team. I am pleased that we have been able to help you despite the challenging times that we all find ourselves in.

5. Review titled Best GP practice I have ever used

by J Ewin - Posted on 23 November 2020

I have been a patient at this practice for almost 30 years. I have always been treated with warmth and respect. The desire to help is evident throughout the practice. I have no hesitation in recommending. They are outstanding

Visited November 2020

Report review titled Best GP practice I have ever used as unsuitable

Replied on 24 November 2020

Thankyou for taking the time to comment. Your kind feedback will be shared with the surgery team and we are delighted to hear that you are happy with the care we provide. Thankyou from all the staff at Laurel Bank Surgery.

6. Review titled Usually lovely staff however this time was awful

by Anonymous - Posted on 16 October 2020

I have been to this GP Surgery numerous times and had a lovely experience, however this time left me leaving upset and feeling stupid. I understand that times are hard during covid but if you are going to offer someone an appointment don’t be rude and make them feel like they shouldn’t be there. I saw a Doctor today and they were rude, dismissed most things I said and made me feel stupid for going to see them. I tried to ask them if I could ask about something else and they told me to book another appointment, which is fair enough but then they turned to their computer screen and completely ignored me- not saying bye or anything. This experience has made me want to change surgery’s and go else where and made me feel like my problems aren’t worth going to a doctor for. However, all the reception staff and the nurse I came into contact there were lovely.

Visited October 2020

Report review titled Usually lovely staff however this time was awful as unsuitable

Replied on 16 October 2020

I am so sorry to hear about your experience today and I would be grateful if you could contact the practice so that we can apologise to you in person and discuss this in more detail. Your anonymous comments will be raised with all the doctors, so we will be able to investigate and find out why this happened as this is obviously not the level of care we expect from our staff. Thank you for raising it, and please accept our sincere apologies.

7. Review titled Less attentive

by Anonymous - Posted on 30 October 2020

Since moving to Laurel Bank in 2016 as a student I've always felt that the surgery has been highly attentive and always listened carefully to my symptoms before helping. I've recently had more than one telephone appointment in which I've felt rushed and brushed off. Both times the GPs have not seemed concerned but have not listened to my distress concerns or symptoms. Once the phone call was almost 45 minutes late and the GP seemed like they just wanted to get me off the phone. This is not the standard of care I expect to receive from Laurel Bank especially with it being as highly recommended as it was. I've been felt feeling unsure of what to do next regarding my own care and reluctant to seek more help from the surgery.

Visited October 2020

Report review titled Less attentive as unsuitable

Replied on 04 November 2020

I am so sorry to hear that you felt rushed and not listened to during your consultation. Unfortunately, delays in ringing people for telephone consultations is unavoidable, but making you feel uncared for is not. If would be very helpful if you could contact the practice manager so we could look into this. Without knowing who the GP was it is very difficult to address this and learn from it. We are a training practice and so all feedback, both good and bad, is valuable for their development. Please accept our sincere apologies for your experience. We hope to hear from you soon.

8. Review titled Amazing !

by Anonymous - Posted on 17 August 2020

At my previous doctors, I felt like my concerns were dismissed due to me being a student, and struggled for nearly 3 years, one appointment with one amazing doctor and I'm getting the help I've been after for a long time! Couldn't recommend the practice more! I wish I could mention the doctor that I was seen by because I would recommend this person a million times over !

Visited August 2020

Report review titled Amazing ! as unsuitable

Replied on 19 August 2020

What a wonderful comment to receive, thank you for taking the time to leave it. It is great to hear we have been able to help you.

9. Review titled If you have mobility problems beware

by Anonymous - Posted on 12 July 2019

The main reason for me moving practice is that you are restricted in seeing the gp you want due to the stairs to the rooms always a problem getting appointments. Also when visiting nurse I waited 45 min when I went to reception I was told that they had a emergency and I would have to wait. Which I did not mind as the nurse could not help that but why did reception not inform next patient, POOR communication and basic decency towards patients.

Visited June 2019

Report review titled If you have mobility problems beware as unsuitable

Replied on 12 July 2019

I am sorry you had a long wait time, but as you kindly agree, sometimes this is necessary. I agree, it would be very helpful for patients if receptionists were able to let them know when a clinician is running late, however this is not always possible as the staff are busy with other work. We will be discussing this comment at our team meeting, however, to raise awareness of this issue. Regarding the stairs, we do have consultation rooms on the ground floor and GPs will always ensure patients with mobility issues are seen downstairs if they are booked into a GP with a first floor consultation room in error. I am afraid there is nothing we can do in terms of altering the building and installing a lift - all options have been looked at over the years, but have been unfeasible.