Idle Medical Centre

1. Review titled Unwelcoming

by Ruth damant - Posted on 12 December 2019

Visited today 12.12.2019 for repeat prescription and was made to feel unwelcome by the receptionist on duty . I was informed that it was not surgery hours and handed the relevant paperwork to complete with no further correspondence used. I left feeling quite annoyed.

Visited December 2019

Report review titled Unwelcoming as unsuitable

Replied on 13 December 2019

I am sorry that you felt unwelcome when at the surgery yesterday. However, I should make clear that the surgery is closed for routine matters between 12.45 and 15.15 every Thursday afternoon for staff training. This is advertised on our website, on noticeboards and elsewhere in the surgery. The front door of the practice is locked and the stairs from the car park are blocked off. We make clear on notices that we only admit patients for specific scheduled appointments. So if you did have your repeat prescription was dealt with then the Receptionist was actually being helpful not unwelcoming!! Malcolm MacDonald, Practice Manager

2. Review titled Fantastic caring GP

by Anonymous - Posted on 30 December 2019

I have being go the same GP each time I’ve needed an appointment. He is thorough, precise and has great bedside manner. He was really visibly happy when I got clear results back from a test and this kind of care by medical professionals makes a massive difference. Idle medical centre is fantastic in its compassion and outstanding medical care for patients. They act fast and I’ve always being taken seriously! Fantastic!

Visited December 2019

Report review titled Fantastic caring GP as unsuitable

Replied on 10 January 2020

Thank you very much for these wonderful comments. they are much appreciated. Malcolm MacDonald Practice Manager

3. Review titled Another wonderful G.P.

by CV Trigg - Posted on 23 July 2019

I saw one particular doctor again today and despite being a dr. short he was fantastic. Patient, kind and caring and extremely thorough. I recently had to go privately as the NHS waiting list for rheumatology was unacceptable. The treatment I received today on the NHS was definitely superior. We are so lucky to have such wonderful drs. at Idle Medical Centre. Much appreciated.

Visited July 2019

Report review titled Another wonderful G.P. as unsuitable

Replied on 23 July 2019

Thank you for these kind words. It really is appreciated. Malcolm MacDonald Practice Manager

4. Review titled GP's approaches to patients

by Rene Wood - Posted on 07 May 2019

My last two appointments were conducted by a very caring and considerate GP, who appreciated that continuity of contact with a patient by the same GP is very important. He phoned me about my specialist and results and also made an appointment to see him again to follow up after my visits to see specialists. As we are not able to name people I'm not at liberty to say which GP this was, but I can honestly say that this was a refreshing approach, as my experiences up to then have been the opposite. Patients should feel confident that they will see the same GP for ongoing conditions as opposed to being seen by others to whom this doesn't matter so much and can give the patient the feeling of being patronized.

Visited May 2019

Report review titled GP's approaches to patients as unsuitable

Replied on 07 May 2019

Thank you very much for these positive comments. We do understand the value of continuity of care and whenever possible we try to ensure it happens. However, it is not always possible due to timing of appointments, GP holidays, etc . I would hope that our staff would never make a patient feel patronized!! Malcolm MacDonald Practice Manager

5. Review titled Prescription service

by Anonymous - Posted on 23 April 2019

After putting mine & my wife's prescriptions in the boxes provided in Wednesday before Easter. Called to collect prescriptions from chemist in same building on Tuesday 23 April. Was told that the chemist had not received prescriptions. Was told to go to reception to find out where our prescriptions are was told they have not received any prescriptions. How do loose prescriptions from the post box to office what 10 yards.then for told from chemist that computer not working please go to reception to make paper prescriptions. Got told at reception that they can't do that.it all electronic it down to chemist to sort out. Not very happy.what would happen if computers were down for few days. YES GO BACK TO PAPER.

Visited April 2019

Report review titled Prescription service as unsuitable

Replied on 23 April 2019

I am sorry that you had difficulty in collecting your prescription yesterday. However, I need to clarify what you were told by the pharmacy. They were unable to process your request because of computer problems. As we now send the vast majority of prescriptions electronically to pharmacies this means that if they experience difficulties then the only option is to ask us to reprint the prescription but this is difficult and time consuming. At no point was your request mislaid or lost. We had processed it on time and correctly. We did lose our computer systems last year and were still able to function and see patients as we have back-up systems. When prescriptions are produced on paper, they are printed out via a .......COMPUTER. I am sure you would agree that returning to paper for all our systems is simply not practical. Just as returning to an era before the internet is not practical. Indeed, if it were not for computers you would not have been able to post this complaint!! I hope this clarifies what happened and that we are able to meet your needs in the future. Regards, Malcolm MacDonald Practice Manager

6. Review titled Professional and personable

by DavidW - Posted on 23 April 2019

A recent lower back pain issue led to three separate visits to the surgery to see a doctor and one of the nurses for a blood test. On each occasion I was treated with dignity and respect, and knew that my issue was being thoroughly investigated. One final telephone call from the Dr served to reassure me I was on the right track medically as well as to reinforce the view that I was being very well looked after. Thank you.

Visited April 2019

Report review titled Professional and personable as unsuitable

Replied on 23 April 2019

Thank you for your kind words. I very happy that we have been able to help and that you are on the mend. Best Wishes Malcolm MacDonald Practice Manager