Giffords Partnership

1. Review titled Thank you.

by David Melvin - Posted on 28 June 2020

In my experience, there is a great team at this surgery working very hard and trying to do their best for you. It is easy to criticise - but “thank you’s” as ever, are thin on the ground. Whether it is any of the Nurses, Doctors, Front Desk Staff or Admin Staff – if you really need them, they are there for you. Covid 19 has inevitably brought challenges risks and necessary mitigation measures/procedures – which are for everyone’s health and welfare. When I was struggling with a challenging, unpleasant skin condition, an Advanced Nurse Practitioner helped me with dressings and advice to improve things and valiantly did their very best for me pending a Consultant’s appointment. Recently I had a flare up and again, the Nurse did their best. I am very grateful and do not take such things for granted – none of us should. I know any of the nursing team or Doctors would also do their best – because they are good, dedicated professionals. The latest example was a Doctor phoning me on a Friday evening with some results. After asking how I was – the Doctor prescribed some medication and 36 hours later – I feel so much better. Some would say that’s routine – but I regard it as valuable help and expertise right at the end of what was doubtless, yet another tough week for a GP. Thank you to everyone in the team that works there.

Visited June 2020

Report review titled Thank you. as unsuitable

Giffords Partnership has not yet replied.

2. Review titled Outstanding staff

by Anonymous - Posted on 11 March 2020

Conscious of the strain on resources due to the current outbreak, I reluctantly had a need to call the surgery today for advice. My Wife is asthmatic and having run out of medication had been trying to get through to the POD for 3 days with no success. The telephone receptionist was sympathetic and professional, managing to arrange a prescription within an hour and contacted my wife to confirm it. At a time when the pressure and demands on personnel must be substantial, the reception and back office staff have certainly demonstrated to me and my wife what an asset they are to the practice.

Visited March 2020

Report review titled Outstanding staff as unsuitable

Replied on 11 March 2020

Dear Patient Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I have passed this onto the practice team. It is always rewarding to hear that we have done a good job. Our reception and back office staff are very conscientious and want to provide a professional and effective service to our patients. They will be pleased to receive this feedback. Yours sincerely Mandy Gurr Practice Manager

3. Review titled Efficient and compassionate

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 January 2020

I have been with the surgery for a couple of years and have only needed to visit them a few times. Mostly my contact has been via phone calls which have been arranged efficiently and in a timely manner. The doctor I have been dealing with was knowledgeable, considerate and listened carefully to my concerns before offering advice. I felt that I was given plenty of time and it was clear when I had a follow-up phone call that the doctor remembered me and my condition. I have been extremely pleased with the surgery, both in terms of getting appropriate access to care and treatment and the quality of that care. I would thoroughly recommend Giffords to anyone.

Visited January 2020

Report review titled Efficient and compassionate as unsuitable

Replied on 08 January 2020

Thank you very much for your feedback, I have forwarded this to the practice staff. It is always encouraging to hear that we are providing our patients with a good service.

4. Review titled Dislike forced telephone appointments

by Mia - Posted on 07 November 2019

Getting through on the phone is problematic. I don't agree with forced telephone appointments. Patients should have the choice. Sometimes all you need is a telephone appointment. Other times you know that you need to see a Dr in person but have to go through this time wasting initial telephone appointment. How is this saving time when we need one or the other not both. For example out of the last 6 appointments I've had only one was an obvious telephone appointment solution. 5 telephone appointments all resulted in an actual appointment in person. How is this time saving for the GP? In effect 2 appointments when only 1 was necessary. I am thinking of changing to the other surgery in Melksham who offer you the choice. Of course I would choose a telephone appointment if that was all that was required saving both me and the GP time.

Visited November 2019

Report review titled Dislike forced telephone appointments as unsuitable

Replied on 18 November 2019

Dear Mia I am sorry that you are unhappy with the service offered at the practice. I am also concerned that you are considering moving practice because of this. I would be more than happy to discuss your concerns further to see if we could resolve them for you. Please get in contact with me at the surgery if you wish to do so. I do hope that for each of your consultations you are satisfied with the treatment you have received? To answer your question how does this save the clinician time - well we feel it saves the patient and the clinician time and ensures we are providing the best level of care to each patient but more time to those who have more complex needs. Let me explain, when we offered face to face appointments to our patients, each patient had to attend the surgery and wait in a very busy waiting room until they were seen, only having 10 mins to discuss their problems and for the clinician to provide a care plan. This resulted in over 200 wasted appointments each month where patients failed to attend their appointments. This equated to 9 surgeries per month of unused appointments. Using the new telephone consultation service it has reduced this to virtually zero, and provides more appointments to our patients. Offering telephone consultations to all patients means that patients are mainly dealt with on the day they phone. They speak directly to the clinician who can for minor clinical problems carry out a full consultation over the phone. For more complex issues or if the clinician needs to examine the patient they will arrange a suitable face to face consultation on the day with that patient. This means that they clinicians can safely treat more patients each day and provide more time for face to face appointments for those patients who have more complex needs. In regard to the two contacts you have mentioned this enables the clinician to take a history of the problem and start to formulate a care plan for you when they speak to you on the phone. So that when they actually see you they are ready to examine you and provide a solution to the problem. This system enables the clinicians to deal with more patients in each clinic than the old face to face system. It also means patients don't have to come to the surgery and wait with lots of sick people in the waiting room. Nationally primary care are looking at ways to provide care in other ways than just the old face to face 10 minute appointment structure. This could be using Skype, Email consultations, as well as the NHS App algorithm and telephone consultations. As a practice we are committed to provide our patients with the best care we can in an efficient and safe way. Mandy Gurr Practice Manager

5. Review titled Brilliant practice and lovely, helpful staff!

by Mat - Posted on 08 November 2019

I have only recently moved to the area and have become ill with a severe chest infection. I signed up to the practice at 11am and received a triage call from the GP at 2pm as promised. I was then seen in person by the same GP for a longer appointment at 3:30pm, was given a prescription and was on my way home with my meds by 4pm. AMAZING! All the staff were lovely and incredibly helpful. I felt very well cared for and the GP made sure to cover all the concerns I had and arrange a follow up. I love that they do a triage phone call. Even though it may mean sometimes you have to speak to the doctor twice, it stops lots of unnecessary waiting around in the surgery for the more basic issues. Thank you all!

Visited November 2019

Report review titled Brilliant practice and lovely, helpful staff! as unsuitable

Replied on 18 November 2019

Thank you so much Mat for your feedback, I will ensure all the staff see your comments. It really boosts morale to here we have provided a good service. Yours sincerely Mandy Gurr Practice & Business Manager.

6. Review titled Great GP practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 01 November 2019

I cannot fault this GP practice - the receptionists are friendly and polite, and help as much as they can. The doctors I have seen have all been really lovely, they take time to listen and have always been really helpful.

Report review titled Great GP practice as unsuitable

Replied on 18 November 2019

Thank you for your positive feedback, I will ensure that the surgery staff see your comments. It always boosts morale at the surgery to hear we have provided a good service to our patients. Yours sincerely Mandy Gurr Practice & Business Manager

7. Review titled very helpful by all

by Lorraine B - Posted on 03 January 2020

lovely staff all round and nothing too much trouble to sort out issues lots of thank you.ease of working with to resolve issues all round from receptionists, nurses and doctors obliging by all for such a busy practise

Visited October 2019

Report review titled very helpful by all as unsuitable

Replied on 08 January 2020

Thank you Lorraine for your comments, I have passed your feedback onto the team. It is always encouraging to know we have been of help to our patients.

8. Review titled apprehensive..

by Emma Guarisco - Posted on 12 August 2019

I have been with the surgery from mid May 2019. I haven't had the need for an actual appointment, just repeat medication. The first time I got my prescription was very straight forward as I ordered it when I joined. When trying to get my next prescription it was looking like it was going to be impossible. I used the details given to get securely online to order them and it wouldn't give me access so I rang the 'pod'. it was there they told me I wasn't registered at this surgery. I had to ring the surgery and spoke to a rather blunt receptionist who said I had told them I left the surgery when I definitely hadn't. I was told I needed to come on again and register and the option of getting my much needed meds could only get sorted when id been registered. now desperate for meds that I hadn't had for 2 days I rang again and spoke to a different receptionist who had obviously been there longer and had a much more empathetic and caring nature. they managed to let me to register by sending a new form via email and booked me a phone call appointment to sort out the meds side. this person made me feel listened to and was actually prepared to get things sorted. a call from the doctor happened shortly after. all I have to do now was take in the hard copy of my registration forms and my prescription would be waiting for me. The 2nd person who I spoke to that as per instructions on this page id love to name but i'm sure they know who they are: thank you for restoring my faith in the NHS.

Visited August 2019

Report review titled apprehensive.. as unsuitable

Replied on 12 August 2019

Dear patient, I am sorry that you have had problems with the service offered by the surgery, regarding your prescription and registration. I would be more than happy to deal with your complaint if you would like to get in touch with me at the surgery. I am glad that on the second encounter with the reception team you were given the assistance that you needed to get the problems resolved for you. Thank you for your feedback. Yours sincerely Mandy Gurr Practice Manager

9. Review titled Not impressed

by Anonymous - Posted on 31 August 2019

Can never get through on the phone, be prepared to be on the phone for at least 20 minutes before anyone answers. Terrible admin, I have monthly repeat prescriptions which they manage to get wrong every single time, and there is no contact from them. I would avoid, only register d and staying due to spa not taking new patients on.

Visited August 2019

Report review titled Not impressed as unsuitable

Replied on 31 August 2019

Dear Patient I am sorry that you have had problems getting through to the surgery on the telephone, no one should be waiting 20 minutes for the phone to be answered and that you have had problems with your monthly repeat medication. I would be more than happy to review these issues for you if you contact me at the surgery with the specific details. Yours sincerely Mandy Gurr Practice Manager

10. Review titled Our recent experiences at Giffords

by Anonymous - Posted on 30 July 2019

The care & help that has been given to my wife & I is always extremely good. The telephone/triage system arrangement system works well and it is rare that we cannot see our nominated Doctor. This gives us confidence as we have a rapport with this person If we need urgent attention we do not mind seeing another doctor if our nominated doctor is not available. I also attend the surgery for regular blood tests, my appointments are dealt with on time with little or no delay. Staff are invariably courteous and helpful

Visited July 2019

Report review titled Our recent experiences at Giffords as unsuitable

Replied on 30 July 2019

Thank you for your feedback I have passed this onto the staff at the surgery. Yours sincerely Mandy Gurr Practice and Business Manager