DMC St Werburgh Medical Practice

1. Review titled Telephone silence

by Eric Stevens - Posted on 01 April 2020

As I have not had a letter regarding the state of my vulnerability I tried several times today to phone the surgery, as told to by NHS information,I got the expected answerphone message then to my horror the phone was put down on me every time. Can someone please explain how, if we are to stay isolated that we should contact a Doctor or Nurse in time of need.

Visited April 2020

Report review titled Telephone silence as unsuitable

2. Review titled Appaling

by Anonymous - Posted on 04 March 2020

Spent 25 minutes waiting on the phone for a query I had, when the phone was answered i was just told that they do not deal with anything regarding my query and the worst thing about it was I wasn't offered any other advice or guidance. On the NHS website it states to call my GP...? I'm even more worried now about this than I was before and also have added stress because I wasted 25 minutes for nothing!!!

Visited March 2020

Report review titled Appaling as unsuitable

3. Review titled No words

by Anonymous - Posted on 27 February 2020

Absolutely appalled with this surgery and the way they talk to patients. The receptionists are patronising and dont care you cant ever get through on the phone. They say use the app but that's not even working properly. They have really let myself and my family down. My husband being a veteran and they have let him down helping with his PTSD We are now having to pay privately.

Visited January 2020

Report review titled No words as unsuitable

DMC St Werburgh Medical Practice has not yet replied.

4. Review titled Why is nothing being done about this practice?

by Anonymous - Posted on 27 March 2020

There is absolutely no consistency in care left at this place and although I rarely need a GP appointment, I worry so much about the safety of friends and family who rely on it. They go around and around in circles over diagnoses and management of conditions because each time they attend, they see a different doctor. They not only have to explain their condition and history all over again, but often the blood test cycle etc. is also initiated all over again because records haven’t been kept or test results cannot be found – it’s such a waste of NHS time and resources. Getting repeat prescriptions for yourself or for loved ones should be a basic process, yet here it becomes a living hell where you have to find the time to chase them again and again by phone (being on hold for an hour isn’t uncommon) or drop reminders at the surgery letter box. You get told it will be signed tomorrow but it isn't, or worse, even though you haven’t asked to speak to the doctor, you are told the doctor will call. So you hold on to your phone all day awaiting the call only to receive one from an irate doctor who tells you that you didn't need to speak to them! I have a relative with very high blood pressure – he is subjected to this nightmare each month when all he is trying to do is get his meds, manage his condition and not become more of a burden on the health system. There appears to be a huge lack of efficiency, governance and communication at this practice which wastes our precious NHS resource, which could be used to help more people. Sadly, all of this makes the difficulty of even getting an appointment in the first place and the rudeness you encounter from the practice staff, pretty insignificant. It never used to be like this!

Visited November 2019

Report review titled Why is nothing being done about this practice? as unsuitable

5. Review titled Rubbish practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 29 November 2019

Have an emergency referral from A & E for a appt with Doctor. Been phoning very day this week to get appt with no luck.

Visited November 2019

Report review titled Rubbish practice as unsuitable

6. Review titled no words for this surgery

by Anonymous - Posted on 21 October 2019

I am a housebound person that has repeat prescriptions I was told that it was done. phoned Friday to ask if it was being delivered and was questioned by the receptionist, I was told it had not been done and then was being asked well how many tablets do you have to take a day, eh sorry how long is a piece of string the cancer unit put me on them there is no dosage take when needed and why am I having to explain my medication to a receptionist. complete data protection breach she should not have been asking those sort of questions and certainly should not have been looking through my medical file. to say I was appalled is an understatement. I have been with this surgery for years it has gone so downhill. when you are answering the phone to patients that have long term illness that they never asked to have please do not question as to how many tablets that they need a day. they are not being taken for fun and no I never asked to have cancer that cannot be cured I just asked for a repeat as I have done every month without it the pain is unbearable. I have never been made to feel so degraded in my life by a doctor's receptionist as I was on that day.whoever you are as you would not give me your name, remember kindness does not cost anything, what you give out in life will come back to you. I hope that you never have to feel the amount of pain I have to cope with twenty-four hours a day or to be spoken to like that. a surgery that at one time I would have called wonderful is now a surgery where it is whether they will answer the phone, will you get the medication that you need to be able to even help you get up and walk and get through the days of hell that you have to live. shame on you.

Visited October 2019

Report review titled no words for this surgery as unsuitable

DMC St Werburgh Medical Practice has not yet replied.

7. Review titled Never answer the phones, can never get appointments.

by Kim W - Posted on 30 September 2019

I have tried 3 times today to get through to the surgery for 30+ minutes each time, with the phone just playing the hold music or ringing and ringing with no answer. This is a common theme to this surgery. I have been trying for weeks to get an appointment but never being able to get through, the online app they refer you to book via never has any appointments on it so its next to pointless and prescriptions are often simply all supplied when you only tick certain medications leading to over prescription of some medications. They're steadily getting worse which goes again what was seemingly the plan when DMC took over. With no walk in centres now, seeing a doctor when you are unwell is unheard of. I've had to put that I've visited the GP as part of the review, but chance would be a fine thing!!

Visited September 2019

Report review titled Never answer the phones, can never get appointments. as unsuitable

8. Review titled Can never get and appointment/ can’t get through in telephon

by Anonymous - Posted on 13 August 2019

I can never get an appointment at this surgery, I am often put on hold for well over an hour and then only to be told there are no appointments and or I get hung up on before I can speak to a member of staff.

Visited July 2019

Report review titled Can never get and appointment/ can’t get through in telephon as unsuitable

9. Review titled Disgraceful

by Anonymous - Posted on 23 May 2019

I have used an online pharmacy for a number of years now with no issues on 6 may I ordered my anti depressant medication it is now 23 May and I have been without medication for 13 days now I went to the surgery on day 11 without meds and was told that it was down to me for using an online pharmacy, I use these for a reason and now I know why so that I do not have to deal with judgemental receptionists who have basically blamed me for using a service that is convenient for me as I work long hours for the nhs and struggle to find time !

Visited May 2019

Report review titled Disgraceful as unsuitable

Review titled DMC St Werburgh Medical Practice

Replied on 23 May 2019

We are sorry to read that you have been having issues with your medication - please contact the Practice Manager Mrs Heather Malcolm on 01634 250523 and she will be happy to look into the issues for you.

10. Review titled Disappointing experience

by Anonymous - Posted on 26 February 2019

I have been with this surgery for 17 years and I’m that disappointed I will be looking for another surgery. The only decent doctor they had has left and since then the surgery is not completing prescriptions in time due to loving doctors only being at the surgery The staff show no interest and are quite abrupt and the waiting times are even longer than they were before Such a shame to see what was once one of the best go surgeries in the area now being one of the worst

Visited February 2019

Report review titled Disappointing experience as unsuitable