Dickens Place Surgery

1. Review titled Much better experience - improved service

by Beverley Wood - Posted on 21 May 2022

It seems that the telephone system has been much improved, you can join the queue and you are told what position you are and told when you move up. This is really helpful, as you can put your phone on speaker and get on with doing other things until you get to position 1 in the queue. A welcome improvement, thank you.

Visited May 2022

Report review titled Much better experience - improved service as unsuitable

Replied on 22 May 2022

Dear Patient. The GP partners and staff at Dickens Place would like to thank you for your positive feedback. Comments regarding staff members will be redirected to them.

2. Review titled Kind and helpful

by Susan Leslie - Posted on 01 November 2021

My husband was discharged from hospital on Sunday. Monday at 8 am I phoned to obtain the medication the hospital had not issued that he needed for his pain. Very helpful receptionist booked me for a Dr phone call after midday and said he would do his best to make sure the electronic discharge letter was located. Lovely Dr phoned at 2pm, she went through it all with me and issued the electronic prescription which I collected an hour later. It was as efficient as it could be and the receptionist as well as the Dr were both very kind and helpful.

Visited November 2021

Report review titled Kind and helpful as unsuitable

Replied on 20 May 2022

Dear Patient, The GP partners and staff at Dickens Place would like to thank you for your positive feedback. Your comments will be forwarded to the team.

3. Review titled Very poor experince recently

by Beverley Wood - Posted on 19 October 2021

Rang surgery 8am. After 26 attempts joined the phone queue. Waited in queue 30 mins, was then cut off. Tried again & eventually got through, but no phone apointments left for today. When i told receptionist I had already been in the queue but got cut off after 30 mins, she said “oh yes that does happen when a lot of people are trying to get through.” I was told to try again tomorrow, with no guarantee that I would have any better chance tomorrow and I really need antibiotics. Receptionist said there is a high demand for appointments. Why??? Its a shame that the service has gone downhill as I have been their patient for 37 years.

Visited October 2021

Report review titled Very poor experince recently as unsuitable

Replied on 20 May 2022

Dear Patient. Sorry for the delay in responding, however we have not previously had access to this site. We are sorry for the experience that you have received. The phone system has been improved and we hope the improvements give our patients a better experience.

4. Review titled Rude receptionists every time

by Anonymous - Posted on 05 September 2021

Every time you call it’s like your hassling the receptionists. They are rude and extremely impolite, nosy and feel like they have a right to tell you what’s important and what’s not. They act like they are drs and know everything. I would never recommend the surgery because the receptionists are so rude. The drs are lovely so it’s a shame they employ not very nice staff

Visited August 2021

Report review titled Rude receptionists every time as unsuitable

Replied on 20 May 2022

Dear Patient. Sorry for the delay in responding, however we have not previously had access to this site. We are sorry for the experience that you have received. Our receptionists are trained to triage calls in the hope to navigate the patient to the correct clinician.

5. Review titled Phone system doesn’t work

by Anonymous - Posted on 01 August 2021

Called at 8am for an emergency appointment. Called over 55 times consecutively as it kept hanging up saying there was too many people on the line. Got through after 60 minutes to a call que of 6 people. 6 people it allows to que at any one time ridiculous! (This must of only changed in the last two months as used to be 30 people). Makes it so hard to get through and very time consuming. They then didn’t have any appointments as had one doctor on in the whole surgery. One doctor!!! Patients are having to go to out of hours and A&E just to see someone. Call system should be changed as clearly not working and making it increasing difficult to get through. Plus extra doctors so there’s not only one person on.

Visited July 2021

Report review titled Phone system doesn’t work as unsuitable

Replied on 20 May 2022

Dear Patient. Sorry for the delay in responding, however we have not previously had access to this site. We are sorry for the experience that you have received. The surgery has recently changed partnership, therefore policies have been put in place.

6. Review titled Very rude staff. Even the GP was rude.

by Anonymous - Posted on 06 February 2022

Terrible experience. Rude, dismissive receptionists and even one of the Doctors was rude to me. It actually affected my mental health.

Visited March 2021

Report review titled Very rude staff. Even the GP was rude. as unsuitable

Replied on 20 May 2022

Dear Patient. We thank you for your feedback. If you wish to write in to the surgery regarding your concerns they will be looked in to.

7. Review titled Rudest staff/ finally looking for a new surgery

by Anonymous - Posted on 05 March 2021

The reception staff are the rudest people I have dealt with. For over 4 years I have always been disappointed with the services yeh front office staff give but recently they have really taken the biscuit. The last few issues I have had- 1- I have a chest X-rays a few months ago. No one called me with results. When I called they said if the doctor needed to discuss it with me then they are sure they would call me. That’s the last time i heard about it. No very reassuring. 2- I am 9 weeks pregnant with a serve skin rash. I have been looking to what this is for years. With no help from my gp. I called Wednesday for a repeat prescription for the only cream that soothes my rash. For the receptionist to call at 5:30 on a Friday to say they won’t give me my prescription without speaking to the doctor. Which means I have to call first thing Monday morning waiting on hold to try and book an appointment. I have to go all weekend without any help for my rash because no one called me earlier or with time for me to get something sorted. Now that I am pregnant I a desperate to move surgeries so my child won’t have such awful treatment. These have happened in the last few months. I have many more incident of poor service over the years. Worse surgery I have ever been with.

Visited March 2021

Report review titled Rudest staff/ finally looking for a new surgery as unsuitable

Replied on 20 May 2022

Dear Patient. Sorry for the delay in responding, however we have not previously had access to this site. We are sorry for the experience that you have received. The surgery has recently changed partnership since July 2021, therefore policies have been put in place.

8. Review titled Never answer phone

by Anonymous - Posted on 24 February 2021

I gave held on for over 40 mins for a appointment. Jeeps saying caller no 2 in que. Can never get hold if them. Think it's time to move drs. Such bad customer service

Visited February 2021

Report review titled Never answer phone as unsuitable

Replied on 20 May 2022

Dear Patient. We are sorry for the delayed response, however we have not been able to gain access to this site until now. The surgery has changed partnership and we have changed our phone system.