Daleham Gardens Health Centre

1. Review titled GP is an excellent clinician

by Anonymous - Posted on 09 May 2019

The GP was extremely thorough, knowledgeable, approachable, communicative / receptive and efficient. I was impressed and very happy with the consultation and proposed next steps. The practice's ability to support subsequent phone and Skype discussions is a long awaited and highly effective use of both patients' and clinicians' time.

Visited May 2019

Report review titled GP is an excellent clinician as unsuitable

2. Review titled left completely alone with gall bladder pain

by Anonymous - Posted on 26 April 2019

I have tried three different doctors at this surgery and another on the phone. If I start out by saying the symptoms I am always told this is classic gallbladder - pain around shoulder blade and chest, pain around gallbladder, etc and it's quite specific to that problem. At first they are pleased to find a diagnosis to help. However the gp then reads on screen that I've already had blood tests, an x-ray, an ultrasound, and a cat scan that didn't show gallstones reviewed by two specialist colleagues at the RFH. Now the gp suddenly changes their tune telling me I need to go to a pain clinic instead as I have no gallbladder problems. The gp is very programmed to order - he thinks "there is the final scan result" and so the gp's function is finished to serve you any longer in that area. But you are so much more than just a scan and a few words or pictures on the screen. You are a person that two specialists passed by in the course of a days work, and you are plainly telling the gp that you are still suffering quite badly with very specific gall bladder pain regardless of this scan. No further thinking goes on behind the gp consultation and there is no sympathy for the person right in front of their eyes describing their pain and distress. The gp does a very quick exam and presses my belly so softly I hardly feel it through my moderate layer of fat, they find nothing. The gp is now programmed to move on to say "there's nothing more we can do, try pain management". Apparently the gp has some sort of cheat sheet or procedure list and order to say and do things by rote - the screen says "no gallstones = no problem = suggest next possible diagnosis = refer patient to pain clinic" etc. I've noticed gps have almost like a learned sales script of things to say and when or how, because they all sound just like one person. The other thing the gp always overlooks because they are so programmed, is that it could be gall bladder sludge which wouldn't show up on the scan. I've tried to talk about gall bladder sludge to the gps, the two scan specialists, and to hospital doctors while I was in the RFH several times vomiting violently away and they didn't know why. When I mention the sludge all of them just gloss over it as though I didn't speak, without even bothering to write it down for the consultation or look it up. Meanwhile, this very NHS website has an info page www.nhs.uk/conditions/gallstones/diagnosis/ which says that sludge may be the cause when all scans and other tests seem normal. What am I supposed to do? I considered private health insurance, but the full insurance that covers scans is expensive. Also insurers won't cover for an existing problem - even if every single medical person says you don't have that problem and it's been completely eliminated as a possibility (insurers know better about misdiagnosis). I could also try a full private medical with MRI scan but that would be phenomenally expensive for anybody, and I am on disability benefit.

Visited March 2019

Report review titled left completely alone with gall bladder pain as unsuitable

3. Review titled Very efficient

by Irina - Posted on 22 February 2019

Was anle to book early morning appointment with a gp before work, which sometimes is so important. Was seen on time by a very nice GP. Surgery looks clean and nice. Would recommend everyone this surgery.

Visited February 2019

Report review titled Very efficient as unsuitable

4. Review titled Wonderful Surgery

by Anonymous - Posted on 04 February 2019

I have been a patient at Daleham Gardens Surgery for nearly 15 years. Everyone there has always treated me politely, in a friendly manner, and very competently. I feel better the moment I walk into this surgery. The Doctors have provided me extremely reliable, state-of-the-art medical care, with an expertise that not only nurtured my health, but also my spirit. Those working on the front desk, those answering the telephones, have also always given me extremely proficient and friendly responses to whatever I needed. Everyone at this surgery has always been perfectly competent, in my experience, very professional, but always with a warm and understanding human manner. I have benefited greatly from the Doctors, and the Nurses, and all the other professionals at Daleham Gardens Surgery, over the years, whether it was for an urgent and serious medical condition, or merely taking my blood pressure, advising on diet, or simply arranging appointments, checking on prescriptions, answering routine questions about hours, etc. It is no exaggeration to say that I might not be alive today were it not for Daleham Gardens. I appreciate this Health Centre greatly---and all those who have worked there over the years---for the invaluable professionalism with which everyone there has always treated me. Daleham Gardens is a superb example of how well the NHS can work at its very best. I feel nothing but gratitude to Daleham Gardens Surgery, and I can offer nothing but praise to all who make it work so well. Thank You, Daleham Gardens Surgery.

Visited February 2019

Report review titled Wonderful Surgery as unsuitable

5. Review titled Professional respectful and helpful

by Anonymous - Posted on 16 November 2018

This surgery has provided a consistently high level of service, helping me and my family to make informed choices. When it is easy to criticize rather than praise, this is a service I have no hesitation to recommend to others keep up the good work, it is much appreciated

Visited November 2018

Report review titled Professional respectful and helpful as unsuitable

6. Review titled Bumpy start to new managemt but impressed with efforts made

by Anonymous - Posted on 25 October 2018

My family, father and I were initially dismayed by the departure of the lead GP in this practice (the only reason we had not changed surgery). Due to some logistical issues and the delayed start of new staff, there have been some bumps along the way with cover staff and confusion over who was available and a sense of passing through like a number to see whoever was in that day (like taking a ticket at a deli counter) with a revolving door of. GPs. For us a key aspect of a GP surgery is to have a history that is built upon with your GP - a rapport if you will - so that you feel at ease and they and you can get a picture of what your health is over the long term. I must say I was ready to complain and put my foot down to express how disgruntled we were, but the new lead GP - after an absence and some appointment blips - was ever so accommodating and upfront, attentive and apologetic for the rocky phase, appealing for us to bear with them until December at which point all the staffing and organisational issues would be dealt with. He is very responsive, quick off the mark and has dealt with admin at lightning speed. Letters sent immediately via email, prescriptions renewed quickly etc. His approach seems more modern - in that he is open to skype or whatsapp or facetime calls when you might be in a pinch and appointments not forthcoming (great when you work or not immediately in the area for a few days). His manner is straightforward and asserive but he also listens. There is nothing worse than a GP that patronises and dismisses, but I must say that so far the new lead GP has been very receptive and is happy to talk things through to suit the individual. He also assured us that he has brought in bright new staff, urged us to get to know them. Maybe the teething issues will herald a breath of fresh air for the surgery. I speak for my elderly father, my husband and myself. He also has seen one of my children. Let's hope things run smoothly and he goes on in this vein and we might just get over the departure of the lead GP.

Visited October 2018

Report review titled Bumpy start to new managemt but impressed with efforts made as unsuitable

7. Review titled The best

by Anonymous - Posted on 06 September 2018

I have been a patient for over 18 years. Both doctors I see are kind, patient and understanding. I have a severe medical condition and there have been many issues over the years. I rate their advice more highly than the hospitals and they always make time for me. The receptionist is awesome. Can't thank her enough for all the help she gives me. I'm very sorry to see my main doctor leave, but so glad that I'll continue to be in the safe hands of my other doctor. Can't rate Daleham Gardens highly enough.

Visited September 2018

Report review titled The best as unsuitable

8. Review titled Visit to GP

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 August 2018

I saw one particular doctor who listened to my symptoms and gave me honest advice as to how to help improve my situation. He is arranging for some further examinations and gave me medication to help in between time. The whole experience was fine and I always find that the staff are helpful.

Report review titled Visit to GP as unsuitable

9. Review titled Extraordinary place and such a lovely staff

by Anonymous - Posted on 06 August 2018

I was seen by a nurse and a GP. Such a professional and caring approach to a patient. I would recommend this surgery to anyone.

Visited August 2018

Report review titled Extraordinary place and such a lovely staff as unsuitable

10. Review titled Thoughtful and efficient care

by Muri Finch - Posted on 22 August 2018

The doctor I see has been caring and thoughtful to the health issues of my son and efficiently offered the follow on care as needed. All the things you would hope and want from your GP.

Visited August 2018

Report review titled Thoughtful and efficient care as unsuitable