Castle Meadows Surgery

1. Review titled Minor op

by Mr Gareth Mark - Posted on 23 June 2020

Scheduled minor op to remove two nodules on my leg. Excellent staff very polite and pleasant in nature. Very respectful. Minor op completed by the ANP and male nurse. The procedure was explained thoroughly and whilst doing the procedure I was kept well informed on the steps being done. Excellent procedure, nodules removed successfully and have follow up appointment in 10 days time. Despite the COVID-19 surgery has performed in there obligations to care for my needs. Highly recommend to anyone. Many thanks Mr G

Visited June 2020

Report review titled Minor op as unsuitable

2. Review titled Fantastic Practice

by Amelia Smith - Posted on 30 June 2020

This is a wonderful surgery. The doctor was so caring and informative. Extremely helpful in every way. Can not express my gratitude enough. He literally saved my life

Report review titled Fantastic Practice as unsuitable

3. Review titled Minor Surgery Clinic

by Anonymous - Posted on 17 June 2020

Good, on time and caring and considerate. Had been in discomfort for 3 months,was due to have minor op day after lockdown but appointment was cancelled. Felt i was offered an appt as soon as it was possible,completed with care and empathy

Report review titled Minor Surgery Clinic as unsuitable

4. Review titled Unable to see doctor

by Anonymous - Posted on 19 June 2020

It's virtually impossible to see a doctor. The receptionist think they are doctors and give out information and medical advise although they're not medically trained. Very very unprofessional and downright rude

Visited May 2020

Report review titled Unable to see doctor as unsuitable

5. Review titled Fantastic GP practice

by Anna Rogers - Posted on 11 March 2020

I rang the surgery and was given an appointment within 2 days to see the GP. I was so impressed with the efficiency of the entire surgery. I was seen within minutes of arriving. The receptionist was so friendly and kind. The Doctor was the best GP I have ever been to. He was incredibly informative, helpful and actually cared about my concerns and well being. Thank you all!

Visited March 2020

Report review titled Fantastic GP practice as unsuitable

6. Review titled Great practice

by Chaliyah. B - Posted on 07 February 2020

This surgery got my family and my self registered quickly. The staff is very friendly and I’d surely recommend this surgery to anyone because of their customer service.

Visited February 2020

Report review titled Great practice as unsuitable

Replied on 10 February 2020

Thank you for your kind feedback. We do work hard to provide excellent customer service to our patients. Your comments will be passed to the staff. Your feedback is always welcome.

7. Review titled Great Service With A Smile

by Colin - Posted on 26 February 2020

My daughter & I saw the nurse today and the service was superb. We were made to feel very welcome, she listened to what we had to say and the treatment was great. A caring and smiling individual that is a credit to the nursing profession. Keep up the great service! I would have no hesitation recommending this practice to anyone.

Visited February 2020

Report review titled Great Service With A Smile as unsuitable

Replied on 27 February 2020

Thank you for your kind comments. We aim to provide excellent patient care for all our patients. Your comments will be passed to the nursing staff. Your feed back is welcome.

8. Review titled Changes questionable

by Anonymous - Posted on 05 December 2019

Although I have no adversity to change when needed, I have been struggling to understand the number of changes that have occurred within the practice over such a short period of time. After 20 years, I am mostly disappointed that we can no longer make appointments to see a Doctor without being triaged first. This experience in itself I find dehumanising, especially when being constantly told there is no reason to see a Doctor. Of course we are not medically equipped to self remedy and hence are seeking further professional advice. Only to be told that the concerns or symptoms causing us so much pain and grief do not warrant being given a GPs time? I understand that there are occasions where a common cold does not need to be treated, however unless someone is physically eye balled and checked, how can you possibly be assured your diagnosis is accurate? Why must we endure further pain for a few days first before being given the treatment we needed 4 days ago? I am trying to be as supportive of the practice and the changes that have come about and so I strongly urge that the appointment system is reviewed somewhat to allow the patient at least the ‘time’ they deserve with a trained GP professional rather than someone making calculated assumptions over the phone whose over sights may lead to more serious problems. I do believe that this practice does have its patients’ well being at the forefront of their changes - however unless patients are given the opportunity to receive medical intervention in a tangible way, I cannot see how this will lead to positive outcomes. Sadly I’m fully aware that the squeeze on nhs funding does restrict surgeries, although surely patients have the right to at least be given an opportunity to discuss their own expectations of a general practice. Ultimately if new changes are having a detrimental effect on patient well being, then are we not just defeating the object of what a GP practice in essence is trying to achieve?! I sincerely hope that this review is seen nothing more than an opportunity to voice the concerns of many who have felt shunned and little supported by the practice at a time when needed most. Thank you for your time and I await your response.

Visited December 2019

Report review titled Changes questionable as unsuitable

Replied on 09 January 2020

Many Thanks for your feedback. We only triaged appointments if the patient requires an appointment the same day, as these are classed as emergency appointments and a clinician determines which patients need to be seen. Routine appointments are bookable without being triaged and usually you can be seen within 3/5 days. I will pass your comments to the Doctors regarding our appointment system as we do try to put our patients first. Thank you for you feedback it is always welcomed.

9. Review titled Quick service

by Claudia Zuiderduin - Posted on 27 December 2019

I needed my repeat prescription for prophylactic antibiotics very quickly as had run out unexpectedly. Within the hour my request was approved and ready at the chemist! Very happy! Thank you!

Visited December 2019

Report review titled Quick service as unsuitable

Replied on 09 January 2020

Thank you for your positive comments, we do try to give the best service we can for our patients. Your comments will be passed to the reception team.

10. Review titled Good Practice that needs to gain its good reputation again

by G-B - Posted on 23 November 2019

Visited on Tuesday 19.11.2019 to have a lump removed in it's new minor clinic. It did take a while to wait to have removed but that was because it took time to make sure the room was prepared correctly. Experience was good, was reassured at all times in a clean relaxed environment. they completed the removal for me and did so very professionally. Just healing now and hopefully repaired. Lets hope this is a sign of the future of this surgery being great again.

Visited November 2019

Report review titled Good Practice that needs to gain its good reputation again as unsuitable

Replied on 09 December 2019

Thank you for your kind comments. Our staff pride ourselves in giving excellent medical care. I will pass your kind words to the member staff. We are making to changes to the surgery to improve our service we provide your comments are always welcome.