Bellbrooke Surgery

1. Review titled Fantastic Dr

by Kouser - Posted on 27 October 2019

The doctor is such a amazing Dr and goes above an beyond to help her Patients. My mum is in palliative care and she has been so helpful and has been been doing what ever she can to get the best help for my mum and do regular home visits to check on my mum. Along side that I have been suffering from sever anxiety and she has been checking on me to see if l ok and helping me as much as she can to make sure how I am copying as I have to deal with my mum heath condition. And offering me all the support she can by getting me in-touch with the relevant services . She takes time from Her very busy seclude to make sure my mum is comfortable as she knows my mum feels comfortable with her more then any other Dr. She doesn’t know how amazing she is and what a difference she is making for us.

Visited October 2019

Report review titled Fantastic Dr as unsuitable

2. Review titled Appointments

by Anonymous - Posted on 29 October 2019

I have been trying for over a week to get an appointment. Finally got through today to be told I couldn’t even book an appointment for next week as they were all gone. I have to call at 8 in the morning, have you tried to get through that 8 not a chance. I said I’d see any doctor too but apparently all appointments are gone. Im going to register for online booking but don’t see that been better. I’ve tried at least 10 times per day since last Friday and could never get through.

Visited September 2019

Report review titled Appointments as unsuitable

Review titled Bellbrooke Surgery

Replied on 08 November 2019

I'm sorry you've found it difficult to book an appointment - demand is always high but we do always open each morning with appointments available same day, 1 day in advance, 2 days in advance, 1 week in advance and 2 weeks in advance - its simply a case that on most days all that availability is filled within an hour or so. We have a very small proportion of patients registered for online booking so you should find that a good route to choose and it does avoid the mad phone call - as our phone lines are always busy but especially so at 8.00 (and for the first hour) in a morning when we literally have 100s of calls. Thanks for providing the feedback

3. Review titled never had a problem with this surgery

by Anonymous - Posted on 15 May 2019

Appointment booked online but due to bank holidays not as quick as I would have liked. I checked myself it and the appointment was on time. Doctor very interested in my problems and sent me for external tests.as was necessary. Very satisfied with the treatment I received.

Visited May 2019

Report review titled never had a problem with this surgery as unsuitable

4. Review titled The doctor

by Kouser - Posted on 20 March 2019

The doctor has been absolutely amazing looking after my mum who is now in Palliative care even before then she was just one call away always checking up and returning our call backs and literally going out off her way to make sure my mum gets the best care there is she arranges Visit which suit us she deserves an award I wish we had more Doctors like her.

Visited March 2019

Report review titled The doctor as unsuitable

5. Review titled Thrown off GP list

by joop2 - Posted on 24 June 2019

I had been registered at Bellbrook surgery Leeds my entire life, at the beginning of this year I received a threatening and abrupt letter from them ordering me to see a doctor as I had not visited the surgery in a long time. Also, they threatened to throw me off if I didn't confirm my details saying that I had not replied to previous letters. They confirmed these were in fact optional screening letters which I am perfectly within my right to ignore. I was very concerned they were linking confirmation of details in this way. I contacted my local healthwatch about this. Shortly after this I was then thrown off their list. The official reason given was that I am no longer in their catchment area even though I have never moved. Interestingly in contra to NHS guidelines stating that if this reason is given then everybody living at the household should be removed my partner has not been. I believe the real reason I have been removed is because I complained about them. I lodged a formal complaint with NHS England but they just side with them. They did concede that communication could have been better, but these are just hollow words. They said I was complex because I have been fortunate to enjoy good health so I have not had to consult a doctor and I don't do the routine screening, they also insultingly call me a non-attender. As a result, I have lost all faith and trust in the NHS GP service and even though this is extremely detrimental to my health, I do not see the point of registering with another GP as this will probably happen again. This has been an extremely stressful and anxious time for me, from a so-called caring organisation.

Visited March 2019

Report review titled Thrown off GP list as unsuitable

Provided by Care Opinion

Review titled Bellbrooke Surgery

Replied on 24 June 2019

Hello joop2, It is difficult to comment on individual circumstances but the practice have no hidden agenda and indeed it is generally in our interests to retain patient registrations, however we will be going through an exercise in due course to investigate the appropriateness of retaining any patients currently on our list but out of area as we do not believe we can provide a full service to these people. I would stress that this incident was not a part of any review as this has not started yet but is more likely to have been triggered by the issue of letters centrally (so not within the control of the practice) where it is relatively common for requests to remove patients to come through to us (not initiated by us) because no reply has been received and it is assumed the patient is no longer active on the list. In terms of current planning I believe there will shortly be pressure from the NHS for all practices to be more pro-active in removing patients where it is believed they remain registered but no longer in the area/active on the list. Other than people moving off our list because they are out of area we generally remove no more than 15/20 people per year and this is typically due to behaviour issues or frequent non-attendance of booked appointments. I can guarantee we have never removed a patient for simply making a complaint. I hope this is useful Kind regards Andy Haigh Business Manager

Provided by Care Opinion

6. Review titled Shoddy treatment

by Anonymous - Posted on 02 April 2019

I have made an appointment for a smear test which is important. The news and health services are imploring everyone to have their tests done due to deaths but what has happened is that my smear test has been cancelled by the surgery three times. God help me if I gave abnormal cells which I gave had in the past. I have been told to make another appointment and would if I could ever get through. Absolutely abysmal service. Am thinking of moving to a different surgery.

Visited February 2019

Report review titled Shoddy treatment as unsuitable

7. Review titled Excellent surgery

by William Griffin - Posted on 08 January 2019

An all round excellent surgery. I never fail to get an appointment here and I appreciate these days that can be difficult with the work load the GP’s face, The reception staff I find are polite and helpful. The GP’s are great here, very helpful and considerate The surgery it’s self is clean and well presented. An excellent place to be treated if your unlucky enough to be unwell. The whole team should be congratulated. Well done and keep up the good work in these challenging times

Visited January 2019

Report review titled Excellent surgery as unsuitable

8. Review titled Healthcare

by Anonymous - Posted on 01 January 2019

I came to see the healthcare and I found her very rude and very unprofessional in her role. Maybe some manners are needed. I will not put a name however hope to see a vast improvement when I come back

Visited November 2018

Report review titled Healthcare as unsuitable

9. Review titled Bronhitus

by Anonymous - Posted on 30 July 2018

I have to my one year old daughter to this doctors 4 time for a cough that would not go away. The doctor gave me different things to 'try' when i feel that she should have investigated more but all she did was agree with what ever treatment i suggested. After she had the cough for over 7 weeks i was due to go on holiday before that i visited the doctor one last time as the cough was still not going away. While i was on holiday my daughter got a really high temp over 39° and the cough was still there so while i was on holiday i decided to take her to the emergency room as the temperature would not drop. They comfirmed she has bronhitus that has been there for quet some time and also an infection that has been there for a while too. If i didnt take my daughter to the emergency room when i did it could have ended alot worse just because the doctor did not do their job properly. I feel like the doctors at the surgery should investigate alot more and not just try different things and give inhalers or antibiotics without knowing what they are giving it for.

Visited June 2018

Report review titled Bronhitus as unsuitable

10. Review titled Excellent standard of care

by Anonymous - Posted on 05 June 2018

Firstly, I'm not a patient of this surgery but my partner is,as someone that deals with his medical appointments, I'm the one that will call the surgery. Yes, sometimes the lines are busy and you have to wait, no different to any other service you may use, but the calls are answered and always professionally and politely, the reception staff always have dealt with me without rushing and allowing me time to complete my query. We are always offered the next available appointment or given the choice to call the next morning if that's more appropriate to our needs. My partners medical care has been second to none, sympathetic, thorough and correct advice/treatment every single time. The NHS is not the same as we remember from many years ago, the population and demographic changes are huge in comparrison and I think this surgery has a lot to be proud of, every single one of the staff I have personally encountered have been an asset.

Visited June 2018

Report review titled Excellent standard of care as unsuitable