Blackbrook Dental Practice

01823 324400 Lisieux Way, Lisieux Way, Somerset , Taunton, TA1 2LB

Got my smile back

I've always been frightened of visits to the dentist since I was a child and sadly never had very good teeth, but would only ever visited when absolutely necessary.
As a middle aged man now, time had taken its toll and I had a few broken teeth and had lost my smile, whilst a lot of fillings had got old and fallen out due to lack of attention for a few years..
After a painful infection under a crown that needed emergency attention I visited Blackbrook for further treatment.
I had a consultation with the dentist and he agreed to help me sort out what needed doing including a couple of crowns, two route canals, six extractions and a set of dentures.
The dentist looked after me brilliantly over the 3 months he carried out the treatment in manageable chunks, always cognisant of my fear and accommodating my occasional shaking.
So much so that once he got the "bad stuff" out of the way, I quite enjoyed my regular visits for fitting and fettling of the dentures, which by the way are excellent.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 01 May 2018

Blackbrook Dental Practice replied on 04 May 2018

Dear patient, I would like to thank you for sharing your story with us and leaving such positive feedback for our practice. This level of care is what we strive to achieve with all our patients on a daily basis. I will share this with the team and I am sure they will enjoy reading it as much as I have. Thanks again.

hygienist review

Ive seen the dentist a handful of times now and every appointment is delivered with first class service

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 20 April 2018

Dear Patient,

Thank you for leaving this nice review, i'm happy to hear you have had a good hygienist appointment.

Anonymous gave Blackbrook Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Horrible experience

The sad state of NHS dentistry.. If doctors behaved like this it would be frightening indeed.
A vindictive and blaming attitude towards patients.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 17 April 2018

Blackbrook Dental Practice replied on 08 May 2018

I am very sorry on this occasion we have not met your expectations, the practice manager would be happy to investigate the matter further, at Blackbrook we take feedback very seriously and would very much like to help with this matter. Please phone 01823 324400. We always strive to improve and learn from feedback, Many thanks for your time.

Jenny T gave Blackbrook Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Hygienist

I have been going to see the Hygienist since she started with the practise ... I see them on a regular basis due to gum problems ... the Hygienist is very professional and is excellent and very knowledgeable with her work ..also approachable..The Hygienist always explains what and why keeps it simple. I must say I’m so pleased with outcome of my treatments , the Hygienist is very caring would fully recommend her.. For the nervous patient 100 % recommend go for it look after your gums and teeth ..no one was more terrified than me ,,,

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 06 April 2018

Dear Jenny,
We are overjoyed with your review and very much appreciate you taking out your valuable time to leave us such a great positive feedback.
We work extremely hard to improve our patients experience and are delighted to hear that our hard work is paying off.

D.M. Smart gave Blackbrook Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Following on to a previous negative experience.

After speaking to the practice this morning (09/02/18), have concluded the reasoning behind them penalising from this NHS service, boils down to number crunching and completely side-stepping the individual, human means tested situation.

Within my original review, I stated "The dentists themselves are brilliant" But I take this back, as they appear to be just as toxic as the people whom run this practice.

They state I didn't communicate in time, but getting through on the phone in the morning is a challenge, and they rarely reply to emails, maybe they should also take their own advice, when it come to communication.

I'd advise anyone needing dental treatment, to look elsewhere with decent humans, that see you as a person and not as a number or a pound sign.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 09 February 2018

Blackbrook Dental Practice replied on 08 May 2018

We take feedback at Blackbrook very seriously, and always try to improve and learn, please contact the practice manager to go over this matter further on 01823 324400, Many thanks for your time.

Top dentist! helpful staff ******

Good experience, will be going back in 6 months thank you.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 05 February 2018

Highly recommend!!

very nice dentist and lovely staff

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 23 January 2018

Blackbrook Dental Practice replied on 04 May 2018

Thank you for this 5 star rating.

DMS gave Blackbrook Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Disgraceful Management, Who Put Profit Before People.

This morning I was informed by this dental practice, I am to be excluded from attending any future dental treatment, after missing a handful of appointments. Though I truly understand this can be frustrating and inconvenient, my situation isn’t that black and white.

Through-out 2017, I spent much of my time In Musgrove Hospital, having kidney surgeries. Which one of these times I ended up in the ICU fighting for my life, after my lungs collapsed.
On the back of these events, I believe to have missed four dental appointments. Which I either called the practice in advance, emailed and on one occasion I arrived at my appointment, but on arrival became immensely sick and informed the receptionist of my situation and later called to re-schedule.

I first attended this dental practice, via the Dental Advice Line to have an emergency tooth out. This was also a negative experience, after nearly passing out in their waiting room. The reception staff member was really vile toward me, and it took a random member of the public to prevent me collapsing on the floor in the waiting room, only then did another member of staff intervene to help.

The dentists themselves are brilliant, which is a real shame that it’s so poorly managed.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 22 January 2018

Blackbrook Dental Practice replied on 23 January 2018

At Blackbrook we appreciate all feedback from patients as this helps to improve the service we offer.
I am sorry on this occasion we have not met your expectations. If you could contact the practice Manager on 01823 32440, we would be happy to investigate the matter further, we take all constructive criticism and complaints very seriously. And we are always strive to improve our service further.

Miss Roberts gave Blackbrook Dental Practice a rating of 4 stars

It's fair to say I've never liked going to the dentist.

I've recently had a few trips to this Dental practice, each time seeing the same dentist. I couldn't recommend a better Dentist. Exceptionally professional and confident in his work yet still 'down to earth'. I am very pleased with my teeth. I didn't expect them to look as different as they do. Great Nurse too, made me feel very at ease.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 21 January 2018

Blackbrook Dental Practice replied on 04 May 2018

Thank you so much for taking out your time to provide us with positive feedback. We work hard to ensure our patients have the most comforting experience possible so we are delighted to receive your feedback. Thank you again.

Rocky gave Blackbrook Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Best Dentist Ever

Not very often that I give reviews but just felt I had to let others know the staff here are exceptional. No one likes going to the dentist but this is definitely as good as it gets.
Thank you to the whole team for a fantastic service.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 10 January 2018

Blackbrook Dental Practice replied on 04 May 2018

Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased to read that you had a positive experience with us and have taken the time to compliment our staff. I will pass on your comments to the team and am sure they will be delighted to hear them.