Yeovil Dental Practice

01935 848684 10 Sherborne Road, Yeovil , Somerset, Somerset, BA21 4HA

Marthe gave Yeovil Dental Practice a rating of 4 stars

What a pleasant experience.

I don't even want to hazard a guess as to how many times I have visited a dentist or how many different dentists I have seen in the course of my life. I am now a pensioner. Oh if only I received a penny for every visit...…….... So I recognise a good dentist when I come across one and I hope that the name of this dentist is not going to be erased as my point of this review is to praise the dentist for his lovely way with patients, his gentle manner and patience in explaining procedures. It's no good being excellent at your job but have a poor 'bedside' manner. A good dentist knows his job but is also aware that he is dealing with human beings and acts accordingly. I had been booked in with the dentist by a receptionist as I had not been to the practice before, so I entered with trepidation but soon felt reassured that I was in good hands. My last remaining tooth had to be extracted and I was dreading it. However, my gum was numbed before the injection which made all the difference and, quite honestly, made the whole procedure painless. Meanwhile the dentist explained why the procedure had to be done carefully and slowly, as if he realized what I was thinking. So, thank you very much for making my visit - dare I say it - a pleasant one. I wish you all the very best!!

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 15 May 2019

Anonymous gave Yeovil Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Bad atittude

My daughter went for a hygiene appointment after she been treated like a pile of rubbish from one the receptionist she came out less than 20 minutes later unhappy with the result..in another occasion my husband went to have his painfull tooth checked out ..the dentist spend almost 30 minutes hufing and puffing trying to figure out which is the painful tooth and to topped all off my husband caught him making faces to his assitance !!!!! I was fuming when he told me..so he send him on his way to have a Xray but in different place seems they don't actually have that equipment..and guess what we still waiting for the dentist's reply after almost 3 weeks from that appointment...and can't even get hold of the manager to complain hhhhhhh what a joke that place

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 29 April 2019

Angelswain gave Yeovil Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great servic3

I have recently attending for an emergency filling. Dentist i saw was helpful friendly and calming. Made my visit so much easier and i am petrified of going to the dentist she made me so calm and relaxed and i have requested that she continues to be my dentist in the future. Done a perfect job on my teeth and woupd highly reccommend her foe anyone else who feels the same as me about dentists

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 11 April 2019

Previous poor experience resolved

I'm the guy that left a 2 star review a couple of weeks ago. Glad to say that after a long chat with the Practice Manager she arranged a 'second opinion' appointment for me with a different dentist at the Practice. It was a much better experience, I was seen on time, she clearly explained the options regarding preventative treatment and was able to fit in a 'deep clean' there and then. I am pleased that the situation has been resolved and that the Practice Manager went that extra mile to resolve things. Thanks

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 28 March 2019

Yeovil Dental Practice replied on 11 April 2019

Thank you for leaving a second review.
Again, I am so sorry for not offering you the level of service you should have received at your pervious visit but I am very grateful that you gave us the opportunity to correct this for you.

Made me very comfortable

I do not enjoy visits to the dentist, but the team here were great. It was my first check up with them and they asked a lot of questions and made me feel comfortable. I've had some bad experiences in the past and they asked if I was nervous and allowed me to explain. Thankfully all was well with my teeth, but I didn't feel pushed into other services (I have booked a clean with the hygienist as I drink a lot of tea). I am an NHS patient and I felt well looked after.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 28 March 2019

Yeovil Dental Practice replied on 11 April 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review.
I will ensure your comments are shared with the whole team.

Anonymous gave Yeovil Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

Not a pleasant experience

If you don't want to read the whole review then the bullet points are;
More time spent asking me questions I had previously answered than examining me.
Only my teeth with existing fillings were checked.
Was told I had serious gum issues with pockets around my teeth which had bacteria or other foreign bodies in them.
Pressure to book additional private examinations/ pay for additional dental products.
Uncomfortable examination with the use of a sharp pointed object being pressed on my gums. Lack of examination of all my teeth.
Review,
My second appointment (normal checkup) here and the dentist was over 30 minutes late seeing me just like the first time. The 2 other clients in the waiting room commented that the waiting area smelt of cat urine (It did - it wasn't pleasant).
No apology by the Dentist and once in the chair I was asked all the questions by them that I had previously answered on their form. After a cursory probe around my jaw they then told me I needed an X-Ray. When I said that I had one last time was I was told the machine had malfunctioned, despite being told last time that the X-Ray was fine.
The Dentist inspected my existing fillings only, not all my teeth and then told me my gums were a mess with 'pockets' around them that had stuff in them. I asked what 'stuff' and was told it could be bacteria or other detritus.

My gums were then jabbed with a pointed object as if to exaggerate their claims - it hurt. (I know I have a couple of sensitive spots on my gums but I don't believe all my gums are a mess). I was pressured into making an appointment for a gum clean and to purchase additional dental products such as special mouthwash. I declined everything as I believe that their main aim is to upsell additional private paid for services and products. I have regular checkups and haven't had a filling or any other dental problems for probably 15 years and don't suffer with loose teeth, bad breath or bleeding gums. I won't be returning and would have appreciated a proper examination of my mouth & teeth.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 14 March 2019

Yeovil Dental Practice replied on 21 March 2019

Dear Patient,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.
I am sorry that this was not a comfortable experience for you. The last thing we would want is to cause you discomfort.
I am unable to comment on your individual case however, if you have been advised you have issues with your gums, the perio examination which is completed at all adult exams, may have been uncomfortable as to complete this we need to measure the pockets between the gum and tooth with a probe. This can sometimes cause discomfort and bleeding as a result of the pockets and gum inflammation.
To help improve any gum problems you could be offered NHS perio treatment, Private hygienist or a private specialist periodontist referral as well as oral hygiene advise such as how to brush/ floss and products which you can use such as tepe brushes, floss, mouth wash. As a part of every dentists roles they must, in line with General dental council guidelines, offer you all treatment available to you be that NHS or Private and give you oral hygiene recommendations. This supports you in being able to make an informed decision. We would never want to pressure you in to a certain treatment type and our only aim is to support you to ensure you have a high level of oral health. I hope that if you ever felt pressured in to a treatment you would contact me as we are just here to advise and the choice should always sit with the patient.
With regards to waiting times, sometimes we do run behind due to emergencies and treatments taking longer than expected. When a patient is in our chair they are our main focus and we must work in their best interests. That being said, you should have been offered an apology for the delay and I am sorry that you did not receive this. I will ensure this is discussed with all dentists and staff.
With regards to the smell in our downstairs waiting room, this is currently under investigation as it appears to be coming from outside our disabled entry door and started when build work started to the rear of our practice.
As stated earlier I can not comment on your individual case but I would welcome the chance to investigate this for you if you would like. If so please contact me at the practice on 01935 848684.

New Patient

First impression, nice tidy , clean building . Receptionist was very friendly, helpful . I saw Max . Excellent. Took his time to explain things , very thorough . I can highly recommend this practice 👍🦷

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 15 February 2019

Dear Patient,
Thank you for giving some very valued feedback. Its always great to have some positive comments to give the team. I will ensure that the team are made aware of your comments.

christine gave Yeovil Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

dentist

I have a brilliant dentist at this practice , always very happy with him and his dentistry ..many thanks

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 29 January 2019

Yeovil Dental Practice replied on 25 March 2019

Thank you for such a kind review. I will make sure your comments are passed to the team.

Paula Millward gave Yeovil Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent experience.

I visited the practice this week,and had an appointment with a particular dentist.From start to finish,she was extremely friendly and professional.My treatment wasn’t straightforward,but throughout,I felt at ease and confident that she was managing everything expertly.
Would thoroughly recommend this lady and will be returning for more treatment soon.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 18 January 2019

Yeovil Dental Practice replied on 21 January 2019

Hello Paula

Thank you for your review, we are pleased that your appointment left you feeling at ease.

Yeovil Dental Team

Anonymous gave Yeovil Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Total waste of my time

I was advised by a NHS dentist in Sherborne that i needed a root canal filling and that i would need to have a referral to a specialist private dentist in Poole!! My wife contact the Yeovil Dental Practise, and was reassured by speaking to a helpful receptionist, who advised that there were many dentists at their practise and it was worth getting a second opinion and that if one of the regular dentists could not do the root filling, they had a specialist root canal dentist, but this would be private work.
Having already paid the Sherborne dentist £21.60 to have an x ray last week, I took a copy of that to the Yeovil Practise. I was seen by a dentist, She looked at the copy x ray and said they would have to do a referral. I explained that my wife had been told clearly that they had a specialist in the practise. She then went back on to her computer and asked a colleague to take the xray copy upstairs to I assume 'the specialist'. A few mins later, she returned saying "he wont touch it". At no point was any examination of my teeth carried out.
It had been a total waste of my time. I was then presented with another charge of £21.60.. for no examination but a brief conversation.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 08 January 2019

Dear Patient,
I am sorry that we have not met your expectations and that we have failed to communicate correctly and effectively with you. The last thing we want to do is waste your valuable time and I can completely understand your frustrations.

I would appreciate the opportunity to investigate this fully for you to see if there are any solution we can offer you and to support our learning outcomes to ensure this doesn’t happen again. Should you wish to, please contact me on 01935 848684.