Falkner House Dental Practice

01223 839520 Mill Lane, Sawston , Cambridge, CB22 3HY

James gave Falkner House Dental Practice a rating of 4 stars

Following Hygienist's Advice Made a Huge Difference

I've been attending the hygienist at Falkner House for around a year. During my first appointment, I was advised that my gums were in poor condition, and that if left untreated, multiple appointments would be required in the future to rectify the problem. The hygienist recommended that, in the interim, I buy an electric toothbrush,a set of interdental brushes and a gingival gel, and use them regularly to see what effect this would have. This I did. On my follow up appointment a couple of months later, I was very pleased to hear that by following the recommendations given, the extent of the gum disease had dramatically reduced, and that the need for those multiple appointments had pretty much disappeared, as had the cost, potentially running into hundreds of pounds.

I've had a further two appointments since, and while there has been a slight regression in plaque levels this time, they're still way below what they were on day one. So, as well as providing a professional level of service during my treatment in the clinic, thanks to their sound advice, they have enabled me to help myself and my family, saving us a small fortune in the process.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 06 November 2017

Falkner House Dental Practice replied on 06 November 2017

Dear Patient,

We are really pleased that you have seen such a response from your gum health. We take pride in giving all our patients effective oral hygiene advise and our aim is always to prevent the lose of teeth.

We know gum disease can be a huge problem for patients and we aim to get all patients at a maintenance level so prevent teeth being lost.

We look forward to seeing you at your next visit with us.

James gave Falkner House Dental Practice a rating of 4 stars

Unexpected problem dealt with promptly.

A few days before my six monthly checkup, I lost a filling, which left a substantial cavity in my tooth. When I attended the clinic for my appointment, the cavity was looked into and I was offered the option of having it filled there and then, which I accepted. The work was carried out, with all due care and attention, in around 15 minutes and the end result was a filling that was very well contoured to the teeth around it, so that I can't really tell that it's there.

The dentist and nurse were both very pleasant, and kept me informed of everything that was happening throughout the treatment, while the desk ataff were courteous and efficient,

cSo, all in all, I ouldn't have asked for better. A big thank you to all.

Dear Patient

We are always happy to gain feedback from our patients, and this is fed back to the staff. They all work extremely hard to provide the best patent care possible.
We are happy you where able to be seen as soon as possible and treatment could be carried out on the day. The dentists are always happy to hear that the restorations are so good they are unable to be seen.

Anonymous gave Falkner House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

recently registered

from my previous many years of dental treatment My first impression of the service this practice offers is very favourable. time is spent with the patient to explain treatment options and costs., nice to be included in what is going on. My previous experience has been that most dentist do not spend any time talking to the patient. Recommended.

Dear Patient,

Thank you for taking time out to review Falkner House. The team are always happy to receive feedback and its great to hear when patients are happy with what the practice and the Antwerp Dental Group are trying to achieve.

Anonymous gave Falkner House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Thorough checkup, lots of advice about prevention

The dentist my daughter and I have seen on the last couple of occasions for our regular check-ups has been very thorough. The dentist takes time to explain what they are looking for, and as much time (if not more) providing advice on brushing, diet and other preventive measures as the dentist does checking our teeth. My young daughter looks forward to going to this dentist.

Dear Patient

We are really pleased that your Daughter looks forward to coming in to see us. It is great to build up that trust with children, so they are relaxed with the dentist all the time.

We thank you for taking the time to review the practice.

Geoff H gave Falkner House Dental Practice a rating of 4 stars

Thorough and careful checkup

This appointment was for a regular six-monthly check-up. As always, the staff were friendly and helpful. I only had a brief wait before going into the surgery. The dentist took time to check my general health, how I look after my teeth on a day-to-day basis and when I last saw the hygienist before an examination. This was done thoroughly and carefully.

The dentist explained that I needed to have an old filling replaced as it is cracked and decay will set in if it is left. The two options available to me of an amalgam filling (covered by NHS treatment) or a composite white filling (private treatment) were explained and the relative costs. The decision of which option was left to me and I can let the surgery know how I want to proceed.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 10 October 2017

Dear Patient,

We really appreciate the feedback about the practice. We work hard to make sure that all patients are given all options and fully understand before starting any treatment with us.
We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment for your treatment.

Hagen Schumacher gave Falkner House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

I am very impressed with the service. The hygienist does a fabulous job and I have seen a great improvement medically with the service which they provide. Highly recommended.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 23 October 2017

Falkner House Dental Practice replied on 23 October 2017

Dear patient,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review for us at Falkner House Dentistry. We are extremely pleased that you highly recommend us.

Anonymous gave Falkner House Dental Practice a rating of 4 stars

Recent appointments for myself and granddaughter as new pati

Staff are efficient and friendly. Treatment not yet complete but very happy so far.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 24 October 2017

Falkner House Dental Practice replied on 25 October 2017

Dear Patient,

It is great to hear that you are happy with all the staff. The team at Falkner House really appreciate all feedback, so thank you for taking the time to complete a review for us.

We look forward to completing your treatment and seeing you at your next visit.

The Falkner Team

Peter Jarvis gave Falkner House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Report on recent visit

As always I found the team very helpful and friendly. All was explained to me and there has not been any problems since I received the treatment. Well done to all.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 26 September 2017

Falkner House Dental Practice has not yet replied.

Larissa A. gave Falkner House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent practice

Excellent care and treatments .Very professional and attentive doctors and nurses .
Friendly and helpful reception desk .

Falkner House Dental Practice replied on 29 September 2017

Dear Patient,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate all feedback. We are please you found all the staff helpful. We look forward to seeing you at your next visit.

Joanna gave Falkner House Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Lovely kind dentist.

My children have been going to this dental practice over the years - and nothing really was good or bad.

On our last visit we had a lovely new Dentist, who was excellent, kind and gentle with the children.. They seemed forward thinking and explained things very nicely.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 26 September 2017

Falkner House Dental Practice has not yet replied.