Northfield Dental Practice

01536 525436 Northfield Dental Practice, 7 montagu Street , Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN16 8XG

Wisdom teeth removal

My first dental examination, the dentist told me I needed my wisdom teeth extracted and told me my teeth where in good condition. I came back 2 months later for my wisdom teeth extraction and when I sat down on the dental chair, the dentist said he was doing the extractions and two fillings. Apparently there were two cavities, this was before I was even sat back in the chair and nobody mentioned it last time. Not only this but the only anesthetic I was given was for my wisdom teeth so while the dentist was drilling my cavities I was in a lot of pain. 1 hour in the dentist chair and the dentist starting probing at my teeth. He told me I have 3 more cavities and I will have to return for another visit. I have since stopped using this practice and have gone else where.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 21 May 2019

Les gave Northfield Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

My First Visit

I visited the practice for the first time today and was very impressed. The reception staff were very friendly and made the registering very easy. I was seen on time by the dentist who went through in detail the state of my teeth and the options available, and her recommendations. She did not suggest any cosmetic treatment which might encourage me to spend money. She cleaned my teeth without any sedation and I felt no pain or discomfort and was very satisfied with my visit.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 01 February 2019

Very unhappy

Removed teeth that, after seeing another dentist, I have been informed could have been saved. Removed a filling in my front tooth and then denied that they had and only put a temporary one in place after a month. Very rude dentist that expressed shock when I informed them I was in work- I assume because I had worn comfortable clothing.
Left me feeling very self-conscious about my appearance and exacerbated my pre-existing phobia of dentists.
I have family members that had to press for them not to remove teeth. I get the impression that they just want to go for the cheapest option for NHS patients.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 10 January 2019

Anonymous gave Northfield Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Dismal way to be treated

Informed practice unable to attend due to a Doctors appointment and was informed that I had been thrown out of the practice as a result. Practice manager refuses to take calls and leaves the recpetionist to answer questions. Have been factually incorrect and will therefore be making a formal complaint. Have requested a copy of the complaints procedure, all records held on me at the practice, DNA and appointments policy. recpetionist has confirmed these will be posted out to me. Expect to recieve in timely manner in order to progress the dismal way in which I have been treated. Complete lack of empathy dignity and respect. Suspect there is a "cull" on NHS services.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 09 August 2018

Anonymous gave Northfield Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Dental phobic

I am a dental phobic and was unable to attend the dentist for more than 30yrs my teeth were shocking around 7 years ago I attended the hospital where they saw to my dental needs under anaesthetic I broke a tooth and could not get any one to provide anaesthetic so phoned round and prompted to attend Northfield dental clinic I was seen by a young dentist who I’m sure was shocked at how scared I was he did explain all things that I needed and said that the demon tooth must be removed I was terrified but that young man took so much time with me to get that tooth out and he did so effortlessly to my astonishment it was gone in minutes iv returned to him on many more appointments always accompanied by husband or daughter but today I attended on my own and it’s now beginning to feel normal to go here and not be afraid please give them a try if your a dental phobic like me I’m so pleased with the work iv had done and especially the air cleaning service they provide phenomenal results you won’t be disappointed with the results it’s incredible brilliant staff doing a brilliant job

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 23 May 2018

Northfield Dental Practice replied on 02 July 2018

Thank you for your kind review, we work very hard here at Northfield Dental Practice to provide the best dental care. We are really appreciative that you took time to say such nice things about Northfield, we look forward to seeing you at the practice again.

Colin Highton gave Northfield Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Would highly recommend.

The reception staff are excellent, always polite and friendly. The treatment is explained,carried out with no fuss and with thoughtfulness to the patient by the dentist.The idea of sending a text a day or two before your appointment is really good. An all round good practice.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 22 March 2018

Northfield Dental Practice replied on 02 July 2018

Thank you for sharing your lovely review about Northfield, we are pleased that you are satisfied with our care that we strive to provide. I will be sure to pass on your review to my team.

Rough treatment

I had a check up NHS appointment. My dentist was pleasant enough but could hardly understand what she was saying due to accent and quietly spoken. No general chat. During cleaning, which I have had done on numerous occasions felt was very rough and did not always have the tool in the right place while scraping away. Lamp was dirty also.

Not impressed and no personal service, a production line in my opinion.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 21 February 2018

Northfield Dental Practice replied on 02 July 2018

Thank you for taking some time out of your day to leave a comment about Northfield. It sadens me to hear that you had this experience but we take our feedback very seriously and we are grateful for your criticism, I will be sharing your concerns with the rest of the team to help improve our service. If you need any further assistance at all please do not hesitate to contact that practice we are open 8-8 Monday-Sunday to listen to your concerns, thanks again.

S Hearn gave Northfield Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Amazing service

When I came to the practice I was unhappy with the appearance of my front teeth, the dentist I saw advised to have some cosmetic work done to improve my smile and confidence. I am so happy with the treatment I received the staff were welcoming and helpful. I feel like I can smile again, thank you Northfield!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 03 November 2017

Northfield Dental Practice replied on 05 January 2018

Thank you for taking your time to leave such a kind review. We strive to deliver excellent patient care within our practice and really appreciate your positive feedback which I will ensure is fed back to the team.

Anonymous gave Northfield Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Very helpful dentist

I can't say enough good things about this dental practise. I came as an emergency visitor after my own dentist had refused to help. I was so relieved to find such helpful and kind staff. The dentist that treated me was very patient and understanding and spent a long time sorting out a problem that my own dentist had caused. The staff all had to stay over there finish time as it was in the evening. I am very grateful to them all.
Thankyou Northfield Dental Practise!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 03 November 2017

Northfield Dental Practice replied on 05 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback about your experience at our Practice. We are very pleased to hear that you are happy with the service that you have received from us. All of our providers take great care in the delivery of their treatment and are always conscious of making sure our patients are comfortable and enjoy their visits. We look forward to seeing you again for your future dental care.

Kimberly Hanger gave Northfield Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic dental practice - the best in Kettering!!

I have been a client at Northfield Dental practice for many years, as has my daughter and I personally, cannot rate the practice highly enough.
Having used the dental service for both routine and emergency dental care, I have witnessed first hand that the staff go above and beyond to ensure their patient journey is faultless and efficient.
On every visit I have been reminded of my appointment, on arrival I have always been greeted by a polite and pleasant receptionist who has booked me in quickly and efficiently, my wait time has been minimal and every dental nurse I have been treated by have offered applaudable treatment and helpful advice on aftercare. Northfield dental practice ensure that a positive client journey remains their top priority from the first point of contact through to the aftercare, each staff member goes above and beyond expectations to ensure that their patients care is paramount.
A truly 5 star dental service with fantastic staff and a faultless and professional customer service ethic.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 22 September 2017

Northfield Dental Practice replied on 05 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

At our dental practice we work very hard to provide our patients with a high level of dental care. We are over the moon with your comments and cannot thank you enough for sharing this with us and all future patients.
We will make sure all of your comments have been shared with the whole team who will be equally delighted to hear them.

Thank you.