Winnersh Dental Practice

0118 9786385 410, READING ROAD, WINNERSH , WOKINGHAM, RG41 5EP

David gave Winnersh Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Poor Customer service from reseptionist

I totally agree with the comments below about the poor service I received regarding the receptionist at this dental practice.
I called for an emergency appointment but was advised they could not see me for over 2 months as I was not in pain (I just wondered if the receptionist had a medical qualification to ascertain if this was or was not and emergency). The receptionist however said if I was to go on line I could find another dentist to carry out my emergency procedure. The receptionist also started quoting NHS policy's but could not back this up with facts as a copy was not available except in the training manual (but I was not aloud to view this or obtain a copy).
I think this dental practice would get better reviews if the receptionists were trained in basic customer service.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 05 October 2017

Anonymous gave Winnersh Dental Practice a rating of 3 stars

Good Dentist

Dentist is very good and have no I complaints at all.

Unfortunately however. I always find the receptionists to be extremely disinterested & more involved with one another than the patients. Such a shame.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 18 September 2017

Anonymous gave Winnersh Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Lovely dentists, poor customer service

I can't think of any other product or service where you would be expected to pay full price after an almost 40 minute wait. The dentists were lovely and apologetic, and clearly these things do happen, but the receptionists decided to tell me I was trying to get the appointment for free rather than acknowledging the wait and adjusting the price accordingly. They also acted as if it was a minor inconvenience, and perhaps should be taught to respect other people's time. It's unfortunate that such lovely dentists are saddled with such inexperienced, bordering on rude, reception staff. They would rather a patient left the practice than acknowledge a mistake and make a small gesture of goodwill.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 30 May 2017

Carol Corbishley gave Winnersh Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great experience

I had a filling carried out by this practice on 2 May 2017. It was slightly difficult as it was at the top right at the back. Being that l had bad experiences at a different practice when l was young it isn't something that l look forward to having an appointment at the dentist.

I would like to express how well the dentist and dental nurse dealt with my time in the practice. I felt completely at ease and l was given step by step guidance on what was going to happen and what was happening at the time. The two of them worked extremely well together and l was perfectly relaxed and l honestly never felt anything during the whole procedure. I can out of the dentist practice elated and not worried about going back again.

I can highly recommend the dentist and dental nurse for their professional but caring attitude towards their patients.

I have just made my Appointment for a check up and the hysgenist in October and not looking at it in dread l am actually looking forward to it.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 09 August 2017

Winnersh Dental Practice replied on 09 October 2017

Dear patient, I would like to thank you for sharing your story with us and leaving such positive feedback for the practice. This is what we would like to achieve with all our patients on a daily basis. I will share this with the team and I am sure they will enjoy reading it as much as I have. Thanks again.

Smithy gave Winnersh Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

Not much done for £20.60

The web site states:
Band 1: Examination, simple scaling, X-ray

However nothing was done in my case. I'm sure there was some scaling since I haven't visited a dentist in over six months. The paragraph below is taken from their website. Polish is also mentioned but the gotcha is "where required". That's the escape clause. The simple scaling and polish should be carried out at every regular visit to keep the gums and teeth healthy. But what actually happens is that after a couple a visits they recommend a visit to the Hygienist which is a lot more expensive. I'm now moving on to another dentist.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once your teeth and gums are declared healthy, you will be asked to book for a check-up at an interval as advised by your dentist. At that time the treatment charges start again, so if your teeth are still healthy at your next appointment, you will only be charged £20.60 for the examination, scale and polish (where required).

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 15 April 2017

Winnersh Dental Practice replied on 17 May 2017

I'm sorry to learn of the experience you have had. I would appreciate to discuss this further with you so this can be investigated. We take all feedback very seriously and we constantly look to improve our services. Please do not hesitate to contact the practice on 0118 9786385 and request to speak to Tani Virdee - Practice Manager, alternatively you can email on winnersh.manager@rodericksdental.co.uk . I would very much value further direct and detailed feedback from you.

mitty gave Winnersh Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Felt like private treatment

After a bad experience with a Woodley NHS dentist after years with a private dentist, I was recommended to Winnersh practice........I'm so glad I was.
From the outset, the receptionists were warm and welcoming, which put me at ease.
My treatment with the dentist was no exception They were friendly, thorough and explained everything clearly.
What a relief to have found an NHS practice that treats you like a private patient.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 03 March 2017

Winnersh Dental Practice replied on 23 March 2017

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I will let my team know about the lovely feedback that you have left us. We always put our patients as our first priority and make you feel at ease when you come see us. We look forward to seeing you at the practice.

Anonymous gave Winnersh Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great dental practice! Highly recommended

My family and I have been with this dental practice for more than 10 years, and have always been very happy with the service at Winnersh Dental practice from reception to hygienist to dentist. The service was always very professional and particularly friendly. The staff is also very friendly with children which was a real plus over the years. For more complex needs (from wisdom tooth extraction, to dental implants) we always felt in good hands, and we were always pointed to the best treatment in the case while not feeling overcharged. We will definitely stay with Winnersh Dental Practice and I recommend the practice with no hesitation.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 27 February 2017

Winnersh Dental Practice replied on 24 March 2017

Thank you for the lovely review you have left for myself and my team, it means a lot to us hearing patients happy with the service that has been provided. We always strive to give each of our patients a good service and excellent treatment every time you come to see us. I will pass on your message to our team. Thank you

Anonymous gave Winnersh Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service

The dentist I see at Winnersh Dental Practice is brilliant. They explain everything to you and explains all options that are available, they are very gental and gives excellent customer service.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 12 January 2017

Winnersh Dental Practice replied on 09 October 2017

Dear Patient, thank you for such lovely feedback, we shall share your kind words with the team.

Gary Collier gave Winnersh Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Best dental practice I have been too

I have been visiting this dental practice for 2 years I cannot fault anything these lovely people do from the happy smiles from reception to to gentle dentists and the great service from the hygienist.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 08 December 2016

Winnersh Dental Practice replied on 13 December 2016

Thank you for your feedback.

At our dental practice we work very hard to provide our patients with a high level of dental care. So, we feel honoured when our patients take valuable time out of their day to visit NHS Choices and share their positive experiences.

We will make sure that the team hears about your excellent feedback and we’re glad that you like our practice, we’re very proud of it.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

veronica major gave Winnersh Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

saved

I have been a national health patient for many years but my previous dentist was dreadful. my mouth was in a very poor state. I transferred to Winnersh Dental Practice and they have been brilliant sorting out all of my problems. They have listened to my opinion regarding my treatment.and discussed solutions. Their Dental Practices are bang up to date. The Surgery is clean and welcoming. Everyone is friendly and efficient. I feel that the health of my mouth and teeth has been saved by their treatments and wish I had changed dentist years ago.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 13 December 2016

Dear Patient,

Apologies for the late response. We appreciate your kind feedback and will pass it on to our staff. We hope to see you back for your next check up!