Buttercross View Dental Surgery

1. Review titled Great people skills

by Neil Taylor - Posted on 12 October 2020

Had some issues with toothache during lockdown and called this practice. They were friendly and empathetic and gave me useful advice that helped settle the pain. I have since visited for an in-person appointment and I found the dentist and nurse to be very kind and understanding, being a nervous patient, they put me at ease and dealt with my problem quickly and professionally.

Visited September 2020

Report review titled Great people skills as unsuitable

Buttercross View Dental Surgery has not yet replied.

2. Review titled Appalling. Avoid!

by Anonymous - Posted on 30 September 2020

I am disabled and suffered a very painful experience at a dental appointment here. I have TMJ which causes painful Trigeminal Neuralgia and the Dentist was brusque and wasn't gentle during my appointment. So much so he flared my TMJ symptoms and I was extremely ill and even vomited with the pain as I was driven home. They messed up referrals, causing delays for my operation and constantly blocked my requests to be referred to an oral surgeon situated locally to my home, which would've facilitated my journey to and from the operation. They said their computer wouldn't allow cross-county referrals, so I rang NHS England and they told me that ButtercrossView Dental Practice were incorrect and they could easily refer to a different surgery in a different CCG. They are difficult to get hold of due to their policy of using an answer phone message service to field calls, and it can take many hours/days to hear back from them. I don't know if they have new staff, but there used to be a very friendly, helpful person. But recently there has been a very rude woman with a truculent attitude. Really disgraceful way to 'help' a disabled woman who is in considerable pain

Visited August 2020

Report review titled Appalling. Avoid! as unsuitable

3. Review titled Best dentist ever

by Liz Hodgkinson - Posted on 03 August 2020

Visited for an emergency appointment during Covid 19. Safety measures brilliant and staff as always, so lovely. I’ve always been a nervous patient but even in these difficult times was treated with understanding and kindness. Thank you so much - you’re the best.

Visited August 2020

Report review titled Best dentist ever as unsuitable

4. Review titled Excellent Practice

by Nimish R. - Posted on 15 November 2020

Visited the practice in June 2020 and received excellent service from the staff right from the reception to the dentist. Made me feel very comfortable and the whole experience was very professionally handled. Can’t recommend them enough.

Visited June 2020

Report review titled Excellent Practice as unsuitable

5. Review titled Very happy

by Kajal Karia - Posted on 15 November 2020

Took my 7 year old son and was very happy with the treatment he got. Very courteous, professional and customer focused. Couldn’t fault them. Excellent work. Can’t recommend them enough.

Visited June 2020

Report review titled Very happy as unsuitable

6. Review titled Great treatment and sound advice

by Anonymous - Posted on 05 March 2020

My son has been several times to the practice and each time has received great treatment in terms of getting sound advice and receiving quality time spent on him. It does not feel if we are being rushed..

Visited February 2020

Report review titled Great treatment and sound advice as unsuitable

Buttercross View Dental Surgery has not yet replied.

7. Review titled Things have changed!

by Anonymous - Posted on 23 February 2020

Having attended this practice for years and had a fantastic Dentist, the approach seems very different. I was questioned as to why my daughter had not had a specific treatment in front of her which made her very uneasy and later very distressed. We have always attended our 6 month appointments and whilst I accept action is required now this was the first I had heard of it. On the up side the receptionist was brilliant and I hope our next visit will be a better experience.

Visited February 2020

Report review titled Things have changed! as unsuitable

Review titled Buttercross View Dental Surgery

Replied on 25 February 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the NHS choices website. I am sorry to hear that you feel that your daughter felt uneasy during her appointment and later felt distressed. Whilst I understand that this was not ideal for you and your family, I would like to explain that each dentist has a different approach during their treatment sessions and will have an individualistic style. However I have taken on the feedback that you should have been made aware earlier about the treatment being needed for your daughter. I am glad that it has now picked up by one of our dentists and brought to your attention so that some action can be taken. Some may see the positive side of this. Ultimately we want to act in the patients best interests all the time which is why we need to ask about history right through to the present situation. Thank you for your positive feedback about the receptionist. I do hope that you find your next visit to Buttercross View Dental more pleasant

8. Review titled A wonderful practice

by S.Jones - Posted on 24 February 2020

I had my appointment at the end of last week and it was a real pleasure to visit Buttercross View Dental. The dentist I saw was absolutely lovely and really professional. My treatment was discussed with me patiently and any questions I had were listened to and answered to my satisfaction. The nurse and receptionist were so welcoming too. Thank you to the whole team.

Visited February 2020

Report review titled A wonderful practice as unsuitable

9. Review titled Fab friendly practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 25 February 2020

After visiting the dentist for a routine examination, I needed to attend for further treatment. All treatment options and costings were explained to me. My further appointment was offered at a time and date convenient to myself and the wait wasn’t to long. Overall a great experience

Visited January 2020

Report review titled Fab friendly practice as unsuitable

Buttercross View Dental Surgery has not yet replied.

10. Review titled Great dentist!

by Anonymous - Posted on 24 February 2020

I had treatment done at the end of January For teeth whiting and the male dentist I dealt with was nothing but kind and full of helpful information, I am normally quite afraid of the dentist (as most of us are) but Iv been feeling down lately about the colour of my teeth so thought it was the time to sort it with being a new year. The lady on reception was nothing but thoughtful and considerate when booking my appointments around my busy working hours and dental assistant made me feel at ease and happy though out.I Could not recommend a practice more than this one!

Visited January 2020

Report review titled Great dentist! as unsuitable