Bradbury Dental Surgery

1. Review titled Cancelled appointment without notice

by Vida - Posted on 13 August 2020

I had my 6 month routine check up booked for 5th of August and I only found out it was cancelled as I happened to call in. My filling has broken in mid-July and I was told I could not see anyone face-to-face as they were moving surgery locations. Fair enough, annoying, but it happens. They said I can have my filling checked out when I have my routine appointment on the 5th of August. I called on the 4th as I was worried I would not be seen due to the location change, and it was cancelled. I then said i have sensitivity behind my front 2 teeth, I'm worried and want someone to check the filling there. They explained it was a strugge, no face-to-face appointments etc, but they would try to book me for August 13th. I got a text on the 12th saying it's cancelled and to call to rearrange. I've called this morning and yesterday and no one is answering the phones...probably a lot of people with the same issue as me. I now have no routine check up, my wisdom teeth have recently erupted, my filling may be broken behind my front 2 teeth and I really don't want to end up losing those teeth!! I also need an x ray and teeth cleaning. I leave the country in 4 weeks and I am getting very nervous that I cannot have a checkup at all before I leave. I cannot do this appointment over the phone. I understand Covid19 has been a crazy time but I thought services would be reopened by now. I work in retail and I know it is hard, the reception team have probably not even been told when they can take appointments again...but I would really like to be seen within 4 weeks. I wish someone could tell me when appointments are available again. The higher ups need to organize this a bit better... it's been a month now in the transition between locations it should be going back to normal by now, I would think! Or at least advise me/forward me to a location where I can get a routine appointment! I really hope I can hear from someone soon and get an appointment within 4 weeks from now. Especially as I am concerned that the filling was done incorrectly at this practice in the first place...

Visited August 2020

Report review titled Cancelled appointment without notice as unsuitable

2. Review titled Great practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 05 May 2020

I've been going to this practice twice a year for many years and found all the staff I have dealt with to be polite and professional on all occasions.

Visited February 2020

Report review titled Great practice as unsuitable

3. Review titled Amazing practise

by Anonymous - Posted on 08 January 2020

Great staff, treats you well and makes you feel welcomed. I needed a dental implant and was feeling a bit nervous, but they explained the procedure to mein detail and made me feel comfortable.

Visited August 2019

Report review titled Amazing practise as unsuitable

4. Review titled Dental nurse so rude

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 October 2019

When attending this dentist I have never had any problems with the lady dentist. In fact she is a lovely lady. The problem arose when I was taking my 15 year old who always wanted to go up on her own to get her treatment. Suddenly she asked if I would go up with her. I ask what was wrong g. She said that the dental nurse was very rude and unpleasant. I just said ok I'll go up too. I was shocked at the way this girl was getting on. She must have a watch with Facebook or WhatsApp on it as she kept lifting to dlerve to look at it. She also was very heavy handed with dental tools. If this girl cracked a smile I think the floor would have fallen. To set it of when the work was done she now not the dentist herself said to the child in an abrupt tone. You need to stop eating hard food. Everytime you come here your brace is broke. You break it again and the NHS wont pay for it. I said excuse me whsts the problem. She repeated this again as if I was a child. I thought do you k ow I'm not even going to respond to you. She was just so rude. Who made her spokesperson when the dentist was there. Is this the practice. Now I know why my child didn't want to go up on her own anymore. Not impressed as the dentist can be traumatic for any child but when you have someone like this thats a step too far

Visited July 2019

Report review titled Dental nurse so rude as unsuitable

Replied on 31 July 2019

Many thanks for your feedback. Please can you contact the practice directly so that I may investigate this further and reach a resolution for you? I will be happy to assist in any way I can.

5. Review titled Service

by Elizabeth Pick - Posted on 11 September 2019

I have just returned from the dentist after having a check up. I paid for band one which I am informed includes an examination, diagnosis, advice on how to prevent future problems and a scale and polish (if needed). After an x-ray and diagnosis (which took 5/10 minutes) I was told I did not need a scale and polish I needed a deep clean, which I appreciate is very true. I explained due to my financial situation I may not be able to come back for a deep clean soon. As I explained this the dentist had her back to me and then turned around and said I should not question her professional opinion, as you don't question a Drs or Surgeons. Which surprised me and I apologised for and explained that was not my intention to question her, it was my situation preventing me from immanent treatment. She told me my situation had nothing to do with her and I should look at jobseekers if payment was an issue. As a paying customer I had come for a clean which is necessary as my gums are bleeding on a regular basis and I can see the plaque build up. I again explained how I understood a simple clean would not solve the problem but it would help in the mean time. As my appointment had only been 5-10 minutes I knew I had the time to have this completed. She said I would not be aloud back in the practice but she would give me a clean before I left. The clean was so fast the assistant could not keep up and spit was all over my face. I again apologies for any upset I had caused her and she explained it did not effect her and I should leave. An extremely unprofessional service that should be questioned within your practice. I am incredibly disheartened and left in tears and very shaken.

Visited April 2019

Report review titled Service as unsuitable

Replied on 09 April 2019

I am very sorry to hear of your experience. Please could you contact us directly so that we may investigate and address your concerns accordingly. Many thanks, Management team

6. Review titled Tuesday 19th March - Excellent Diagnosis and Treatment

by Vic Riley - Posted on 19 March 2019

After several days of dental pain I visited the surgery for an emergency appointment. Exploring the cause of the pain was extremely thorough and the options clearly explained. I opted to have the tooth removed. Having a tooth removed is never the greatest experience but this procedure was carried out with empathy, reassurance, attention to detail and overall professionalism, making the experience as pleasant as possible. Review guidelines won't allow me to name individuals but a particular thank you to the dentist who treated me.

Visited March 2019

Report review titled Tuesday 19th March - Excellent Diagnosis and Treatment as unsuitable

Replied on 16 September 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write in with your comments. It is always good to know our services are appreciated and I will ensure the team is notified of your comments. We appreciate your feedback and will use this to develop our services. Kind regards Management Team

7. Review titled Refused to call us

by Anonymous - Posted on 11 September 2019

My son had been coming here for check ups regularly for a couple of years and they seemed very friendly and helpful. However, he then needed a tooth taken out but was terrified of having an injection & refused to go. I phoned to talk to dentist but was told I couldn’t speak directly to them. I left a message with the receptionist asking if the dentist to call me back to discuss our options (who told me she would call back if dentist wouldn’t call me) but I heard nothing. I then emailed to ask again but heard got no response! I think this is terrible service.

Visited December 2018

Report review titled Refused to call us as unsuitable

Replied on 16 September 2019

8. Review titled Fantastic experience and treatment by very competent Dentist

by Subahu - Posted on 04 December 2018

I experienced a fantastic experience when having an implant placed. The whole team were brilliant and I could not have asked for a better experience. The reception staff, practice manager and the Dentists and Nurse were absolutely superb and so well done. They also use a lot of technology which is amazing and in a very pleasant and professional environment.

Visited November 2018

Report review titled Fantastic experience and treatment by very competent Dentist as unsuitable

Replied on 04 December 2018

Many thanks for your feedback. I am delighted to see that you had a pleasant experience with us during your implant treatment. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.