DHC Talking Therapies

1. Review titled The future looks bright! Thank you DHC!

by Anonymous - Posted on 22 September 2021

I have CPTSD, which had been impacting heavily on my life and rapidly destroying it. I never believed, I would ever get so much control of my nightmares and flashbacks or become self aware. However with the support of my CBT therapist, who taught me the root causes of all my trauma, how to overcome it by challenging the negative beliefs I had created and doing the homework set and putting in the hardwork. I now have much better control of my flashbacks. I accept their purpose and that they will always be part of me. I have also become very self aware. I cannot thank my amazing CBT therapist enough for their sincerity, kindness, encouragement, empathy, openess, knowledge, support and for believing in me. I'm now looking forward to my new life (flashbacks included). Don't suffer in silence. DHC can help support you too, just call them or send them an email.

Visited August 2021

Report review titled The future looks bright! Thank you DHC! as unsuitable

2. Review titled Helpful Coversation

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 July 2021

It was good to be able to talk to someone, as I have had some deep rooted problems, which needed to be spoken out. It was nice to have someone to lend a listening ear, as I found it difficult to talk face to face with people. Thank you also for the helpful advice and follow up information online. Hopefully I'll be able to follow up this advice in the future.

Visited June 2021

Report review titled Helpful Coversation as unsuitable

3. Review titled Thank you for your help

by Olga McCabe - Posted on 21 July 2021

I have been battling depression and mental health issues all my life and have had a lot of help, mostly successfully, even though I seem to go back to low mood and depression again, after a certain amount of time. This time I wasn't expecting too much of a result, given that the method used was not my number one choice and the number of sessions given seemed to me inadequate. Said that, I did give it a go and have been really pleasantly surprised with the results. I don't think that I can give the therapist name, but I have been very impressed with his willingness to make allowances for my particular issues, whereby a completely straightforward CBT would not have worked. That hasn't been the only thing that impressed me, and of course I understand that it probably is what a therapist should be like and behave like, but his recollection of previous conversations and how they fitted in with the current conversation, was really helpful. On top of that, for reasons that I and him know, I have a feeling that this time I might remember what has come out of my sessions with him, more than it has happened in the past with other counselling sessions. I can only say thank you so very much to the NHS that have enabled me to have these sessions and thank you to my counsellor for helping me so much in just 6 sessions. I am really grateful.

Visited June 2021

Report review titled Thank you for your help as unsuitable

4. Review titled Helpful and empathetic CBT therapy

by Anonymous - Posted on 14 March 2021

My CBT therapist was brilliant at helping me challenge unhelpful thought patterns. She showed me ways to manage anxiety triggers and was incredibly supportive.

Visited March 2021

Report review titled Helpful and empathetic CBT therapy as unsuitable

5. Review titled Care and attention

by Belinda Kerry - Posted on 28 April 2021

I received CBT online for my phobia and I was delighted with my treatment. The therapist was sensitive, thorough and very helpful. He was attentive to my needs and yet always encouraging me to push myself, but was mindful of my mental health at all times. I made improvements under his care within the two months I received my treatment. He also encouraged me to continue under my own steam with my therapy which I will do.

Visited February 2021

Report review titled Care and attention as unsuitable

6. Review titled Amazing therapist

by Anonymous - Posted on 05 March 2021

I didn’t have high hopes about using this therapy but I was very wrong. My therapist always made me feel comfortable and I felt I could be completely open with her. She helped me push myself in a good way and gave me the correct mental tools to help me with my phobia. I did exposure therapy and she went the extra mile to help me. I will forever be grateful to her as I never thought I would be where I am and I owe it all to my therapist. If anyone else Is thinking of using this for a phobia I highly recommend.

Visited November 2020

Report review titled Amazing therapist as unsuitable

7. Review titled Best therapy I have ever had

by Kalliopi - Posted on 25 February 2021

My GP recommended that I seek help from this place. This was without a doubt the best therapy I have ever had. The therapist was professional and very well read. He helped me combat my anxiety,social phobia and PTSD symptoms. I feel like I have achieved a lot throughout the time I had and I cannot reccomend them enough.

Visited October 2020

Report review titled Best therapy I have ever had as unsuitable

8. Review titled Wonderful therapist

by Anonymous - Posted on 25 January 2021

I have nothing but praise for my CBT therapist. The specialist was: amiable, approachable, attentive, patient, polite, kind, and empathetic. During one particular recollection, they openly felt my pain - challenging my sadly now tainted view of humanity just that tiny bit more. Their impressive knowledge and experience enabled them to immediately conjure and suggest tools for obstacles as I presented them. My own dilemma was that, whilst probably being a CBT "emergency" (due to increasing alcohol reliance and abuse) my urgent need for Counselling and to "unpack" was not far behind. It was a Hobson's Choice. Though whilst not being a Counsellor (as confessed) they were extremely patient in accommodating my often wild divergences, as emotions and recollections bubbled back up to surface. My sincere appreciation to them. Of the system itself, human beings are nuanced and complex. I have in past been disillusioned with the necessity to repeat my trauma over and over to different ears. If the NHS could find a better a way to inculcate this - I don't know perhaps assign a 'patient overseer', who then brings in the various future disciplines to actually be present at the introductory sessions. Then the patient has to do less work. I don’t know…

Visited September 2020

Report review titled Wonderful therapist as unsuitable

9. Review titled Brilliant Support

by Anonymous - Posted on 22 July 2020

During a tricky time in my life, my doctor suggested that I seek out some extra help. I was able to talk through my problems as well as target specific areas of growth. I feel in a much better place now.

Visited May 2020

Report review titled Brilliant Support as unsuitable

10. Review titled Wonderful service

by Anonymous - Posted on 29 October 2019

From the first moment to the last my experience was an incredibly positive one. My therapist listened, put me at ease and remembered everything I had told them from session to session down to the smallest details. We discussed issues from the past and helped me to understand and make peace with these, as well as tackling current issues that were affecting my life quite dramatically. We discussed a variety of different strategies to deal with my anxiety issues and reflected on the effectiveness of these from session to session. I was nervous about attending these sessions initially but found it easier and easier to discuss and open up as time went on. IMy mental well being is a lot healthier for having attended these sessions and I feel better equipped to deal with any issues going forward. It allowed me to gain perspective and step away from myself and the past and see things for how they really are. I cannot fault this service and am incredibly grateful for all of the help and support I have received.

Visited October 2019

Report review titled Wonderful service as unsuitable