DHC Talking Therapies

1. Review titled Great Practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 27 April 2022

I had 6 sessions of CBT over Zoom, I found the sessions very helpful and my therapist was understanding, clear and gave me useful and achievable tools to manage during the 6 weeks and afterwards too. I would highly recommend DHC Talking Therapies.

Report review titled Great Practice as unsuitable

2. Review titled Very Helpful Staff

by Harry Duncan - Posted on 07 March 2022

Finished my second round of therapy today, am very happy with how it all went, all the staff I have delt with have been wonderful and do an amazing job. I have found it very helpful

Report review titled Very Helpful Staff as unsuitable

3. Review titled Enormously helpful

by Anonymous - Posted on 12 May 2022

I had a block of 1:1 sessions to support with anxiety and self esteem. These sessions were incredibly helpful and I have helped me to make changes to negative thought processes. The therapist was really kind, patient, easy to talk to and highly skilled. A really fantastic service, thank you.

Visited March 2022

Report review titled Enormously helpful as unsuitable

4. Review titled Excellent Course

by Anonymous - Posted on 25 February 2022

I started this course about three months ago,and have completed four reviews.I found the information and course modules extremely helpful and easy to negotiate.They have been very helpful to me personally and I feel a different person with a far more positive outlook on life.I would recommend this therapy to anybody.

Report review titled Excellent Course as unsuitable

5. Review titled Excellent therapist and counselling

by Anonymous - Posted on 14 April 2022

From Feb-March 2022, I attended 6 sessions of online one-to-one counselling to help with anxiety. I felt immediately relaxed with my therapist and found it to be a very positive experience. My therapist set tasks which we talked through each week as well as allowing me to bring up anything on my mind. They empathised with me and ultimately gave me the skills to deal with my anxiety so that I feel confident going forward both day-to-day and with any big changes which might happen in the future. I can't recommend this service enough.

Visited February 2022

Report review titled Excellent therapist and counselling as unsuitable

6. Review titled Disappointing

by Anonymous - Posted on 02 March 2022

Never heard of "Teams" so I asked if I needed to get an App. I was told "NO" so missed first half hour of first session and could only join as a guest. Proper technical help is needed. Content was just 3 out of 7 members talking about their problems.Others were silent or even drowsing.As an 81 year old male I had little in common with the all female much younger group with marital problems and many years of bereavement. Little counselling was apparent. 5 sessions(6th was simply an individual farewell & thanks phone call) was insufficient to be of any real benefit; the group were just getting to know one another. Any apparent improvement in my mood as shown by the weekly questionnaires was simply down to medication taking effect and meeting other people with much more severe problems than mine. Several of the group were too depressed to participate. This appears to be a waste of NHS cash. All other reviews here are very favourable but appear to be about individual rather than group therapy. I mistakenly agreed to complete the additional questionnaire but it was totally irrelevant to my case.

Visited February 2022

Report review titled Disappointing as unsuitable

DHC Talking Therapies has not yet replied.

7. Review titled Great course.

by Stephen - Posted on 25 January 2022

I have just recently completed my final session with Talking Therapies and I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for all the help and assistance during this difficult time. The course and techniques have been very helpful. I was treated with dignity and kindness during the entire process. At all times The degree of respect and professionalism was exemplary. It was also the level of compassion and care that I appreciated above all. I would have no hesitation in recommending this therapy. Kind regards, Stephen.

Visited December 2021

Report review titled Great course. as unsuitable

8. Review titled Fantastic talking therapy

by Jamie - Posted on 22 February 2022

I was struggling with symptoms of Generalised Anxiety Disorder. Working 1 to 1 with a trainee talking therapist, we worked through my issues, identifying the core reasoning behind my triggers, tools for short term relief as well long term lasting techniques. We discussed ways to help develop and keep myself in a better headspace as well as becoming more resilient. I would highly recommend this type of therapy for anyone struggling. Although all over video call it allowed me to be flexible and make it easier to arrange appointments. Allowing me to take my sessions at work or while traveling. It was refreshing to work through and understand my mind more. 'Homework' tasks were given which related to the session and re-enforced what we had been discussing underpinning the technique or tool we were discussing. Thank you DHC Talking Therapy.

Visited October 2021

Report review titled Fantastic talking therapy as unsuitable

DHC Talking Therapies has not yet replied.

9. Review titled The future looks bright! Thank you DHC!

by Anonymous - Posted on 22 September 2021

I have CPTSD, which had been impacting heavily on my life and rapidly destroying it. I never believed, I would ever get so much control of my nightmares and flashbacks or become self aware. However with the support of my CBT therapist, who taught me the root causes of all my trauma, how to overcome it by challenging the negative beliefs I had created and doing the homework set and putting in the hardwork. I now have much better control of my flashbacks. I accept their purpose and that they will always be part of me. I have also become very self aware. I cannot thank my amazing CBT therapist enough for their sincerity, kindness, encouragement, empathy, openess, knowledge, support and for believing in me. I'm now looking forward to my new life (flashbacks included). Don't suffer in silence. DHC can help support you too, just call them or send them an email.

Visited August 2021

Report review titled The future looks bright! Thank you DHC! as unsuitable

10. Review titled Helpful Coversation

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 July 2021

It was good to be able to talk to someone, as I have had some deep rooted problems, which needed to be spoken out. It was nice to have someone to lend a listening ear, as I found it difficult to talk face to face with people. Thank you also for the helpful advice and follow up information online. Hopefully I'll be able to follow up this advice in the future.

Visited June 2021