DHC Talking Therapies

1. Review titled Brilliant Support

by Anonymous - Posted on 22 July 2020

During a tricky time in my life, my doctor suggested that I seek out some extra help. I was able to talk through my problems as well as target specific areas of growth. I feel in a much better place now.

Visited May 2020

Report review titled Brilliant Support as unsuitable

2. Review titled Wonderful service

by Anonymous - Posted on 29 October 2019

From the first moment to the last my experience was an incredibly positive one. My therapist listened, put me at ease and remembered everything I had told them from session to session down to the smallest details. We discussed issues from the past and helped me to understand and make peace with these, as well as tackling current issues that were affecting my life quite dramatically. We discussed a variety of different strategies to deal with my anxiety issues and reflected on the effectiveness of these from session to session. I was nervous about attending these sessions initially but found it easier and easier to discuss and open up as time went on. IMy mental well being is a lot healthier for having attended these sessions and I feel better equipped to deal with any issues going forward. It allowed me to gain perspective and step away from myself and the past and see things for how they really are. I cannot fault this service and am incredibly grateful for all of the help and support I have received.

Visited October 2019

Report review titled Wonderful service as unsuitable

3. Review titled Great therapy

by Dean Ayling - Posted on 10 October 2019

I’ve been speaking with the therapists with regards to anxiety and they have helped me deal and see the signs. I can’t recommend them enough

Visited September 2019

Report review titled Great therapy as unsuitable

4. Review titled Excessive admin costs

by Jessica Churchley - Posted on 07 October 2019

Today l received 2 envelopes in the post dated 27.9.19. Inside each was a letter confirming my appointment on 3.10.19. Both letters were exactly the same, sent on the same date which means they incurred double the amount of admin time and postage. Please ensure this does not happen ever again to me or to any other patient

Visited September 2019

Report review titled Excessive admin costs as unsuitable

Review titled DHC Talking Therapies

Replied on 10 October 2019

Thank you for your feedback and apologies for sending duplicated letters to you. We aim to use SMS reminders where possible in line with our carbon reduction policy.Where we do not have a mobile number or consent to send SMS messages we post reminder letters. If you are happy for us to communicate with you via SMS, please let us know so that we can update your record and ensure this doesn't happen again. We have also shared your feedback with our admin teams to increase vigilance when preparing such letters to avoid duplication.

5. Review titled Helpful & Professional

by Ian - Posted on 26 October 2019

From my first session I felt that the help that I needed and the understanding of my condition was fully dealt with in a caring and professional manner. After each session I felt more positive in my outlook on dealing with my everyday life and coping with the challenges that were proving difficult for me at the time. Without this service I feel that my condition may have deteriorated into something more serious as medication alone to me was not the answer. CBT for me was the answer to talk with a trained counsellor skilled in the issues which I was experiencing and to help with a recovery plan. This service is a must for anyone with a mental health problem who wants to seek a path to recovery and well being.

Visited August 2019

Report review titled Helpful & Professional as unsuitable

6. Review titled Bereavement Counselling

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 October 2019

This was my second round of six counselling sessions for Bereavement Counselling. I had been unsettled as a result of group counselling with CRUSE and was in need of further clarification, support and confidence to continue moving forward with my life. The counsellor assigned to me was very kind, compassionate, considerate and insightful. She enabled me to feel confident in a safe environment where I could express myself as needed. I feel that I am in a more confident and stronger situation emotionally to embrace the future. I would thoroughly recommend the DHC IAPT Service, particularly as they were able to accommodate evening sessions after work, as I work full time.

Visited August 2019

Report review titled Bereavement Counselling as unsuitable

DHC Talking Therapies has not yet replied.

7. Review titled excellent.

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 October 2019

big thanks to a particular member of staff who for 10 weeks listened to me and my feelings and anxiety problems. Then managed to get me to see how I could work thru my anxiety’s in a way I would never thought possible. I expect I drove her mad with my ramblings. But good came out of her homework and reasoning. I will be putting everything I learnt in my day to day life and carry on the good work. Many thanks

Visited June 2019

Report review titled excellent. as unsuitable

8. Review titled Not the best

by Anonymous - Posted on 20 September 2019

Previously had CBT with a therapist whom was understanding and very helpful. I came back to a different therapist, however I felt worse from each session as I felt they were talking to me from a manual. They were kind and polite, however the repetition and asking the same questions made me feel as if I wasn’t listened to. I personally want to try therapy again with someone different.

Visited May 2019

Report review titled Not the best as unsuitable

Review titled DHC Talking Therapies

Replied on 03 June 2019

We are sorry that you did not find your second treatment with us helpful. We would really like to be able to investigate this further to understand what did not work and look at any learning for both the therapist and the service. We would also be keen to explore your needs with you so that we can match you to another therapist. Please could you contact the service and ask to speak to the Duty Manager. We look forward to hearing from you.

9. Review titled CBT therapy

by Anonymous - Posted on 20 September 2019

I had 6 sessions of CBT over 8 weeks. As soon as I contacted the service they were very helpful, sensitive, and understanding to what help I need. There was a short while before my sessions started. In this time I was learning to manage my anxieties so that when I began the therapy I felt I was in a much better place. The weekly sessions helped me to talk about my fears. My therapist helped to highlight the behaviours that were stopping me to face and overcome them. By setting short term and long term goals I felt like I was making progress every week. Into the fourth week we were discovering more underlying issues/habits that contribute to my fears and anxieties. I really think a few more sessions would have been useful to explore these further. Since finishing the therapy I have encountered a set back and had quite a tough week. This allowed me to put the techniques I had learnt into practice. I didn't experience a week like this whilst having the therapy so it was quite a test. It is definitely a slow and ongoing process to over come this and I do feel that more sessions would help. Overall I feel very lucky to have had this available to me, and the people I spoke with at each stage of the process, particularly the therapist, have helped massively! Having someone with experience to talk to, and the tools to help has made a huge difference when coping with this day to day.

Visited May 2019

Report review titled CBT therapy as unsuitable

10. Review titled CBT at Redhill

by Anna Szilagyi - Posted on 20 September 2019

I attended 14 sessions for my anxiety and can honestly say it has been life changing. Setting up the sessions was easy and the staff over the phone and in person were very helpful. Over the weeks we set short term and long term goals. I was astonished that after 3 weeks my short term goal (driving without fear of an accident/dying) was achieved. We also tackled some general social anxiety and fears that I wasn't even necessarily aware of. My therapist was very attentive, recognised that scientific reasoning is the best approach with me and she always managed to gently push me to find the source of my fears and anxieties. I learnt so much about myself and human behaviour over these sessions and this has resulted in me becoming better at processing my feelings and communicating them to friends and family (something I'd not done much before), and so my support system has become stronger. I can now also support my friends better who experience similar anxieties. I can only wish I had done this sooner, and I recommend this service to anyone who struggles wholeheartedly. Many thanks, Anna Szilagyi

Visited March 2019