The Good Care Group

1. Review titled Wonderful care

by Anonymous - Posted on 15 January 2020

My experience of the Good Care Group is of having a full-time carer for my father who was receiving end of life care. Whilst this is never an easy time for families, I was really moved and touched by the sincerity and gentleness of the carers provided. They were very kind to my father, but also thoughtful and sensitive in their relationship with us. The carers were well supported by the Senior staff at the Good Care Group, who carried out the initial assessment. They then kept in contact with the Good Care Group who also spoke to us to make sure everything was OK. The carers were skilled nurses, but also guided us through the process of death and dying, supporting us in a way that we found helpful. I cannot imagine better carers exist than the ones we had for my Dad.

Visited October 2019

Report review titled Wonderful care as unsuitable

2. Review titled Excellent dementia care

by Colin Hope - Posted on 16 January 2020

My mother died at the end of 2016 and as my father was starting down the road of dementia I had to move in to the family home with my young family which was very disruptive for all concerned. Within a fortnight the Good Care Group had surveyed the house and sent a suitable carer to live with my Dad and care for him. This carer was so suitable he stayed for two and a half years and very competently adjusted his level of care as my father's condition deteriorated. This guy had a four weeks on two weeks off regime and while the guys who provide the two week cover were not as consistent we never had any problems. A couple of times the carers needed emergency cover due to bereavements and this was provided very quickly and efficiently . I built up a good rapport with the carer's supervisors and the office staff.

Visited October 2019

Report review titled Excellent dementia care as unsuitable

3. Review titled Good "in the Home" Care

by Anonymous - Posted on 29 November 2019

We used The Good Care Group (TGCG) this year (2019) to provide a series of 2 week blocks of care for my father. TGCG were very professional in their approach and very mindful of how difficult a task this is to get right. In the main the carers were well trained and very professional and I would have no hesitation recommending TGCG. It is as well to be very clear on what is required and what your expectations are before appointing a care company, and TGCG dealt with us very well, were very mindful of our requirements and delivered a very good service.

Visited February 2019