Use this service to get an NHS COVID Pass letter for travel sent to you by post, and in other formats such as audio, big print or Braille.
You can apply for yourself or for someone else, including children aged 5 and over.
Who can use this service
To use this service, you need to:
- be aged 12 or over
- have an NHS number
- be vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine recognised in the UK
- wait 5 days after your 2nd dose (or 1st dose of Janssen)
You can apply for a child aged 5 to 11, living in England, Wales or Isle of Man, if you are the child’s parent or guardian.
An NHS COVID Pass letter for a child aged 5 to 11 can be based on their vaccination status or a positive NHS PCR test within the last 180 days (6 months). A letter based on a positive NHS PCR test is available in England or Wales only (not available in the Isle of Man).
To request an NHS COVID Pass letter for travel in Wales or Isle of Man (age 12 or over), visit:
If you had your vaccination in Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales you can use this service if you're registered with a GP in England.
Vaccines recognised in the UK
Vaccines recognised in the UK are:
- Oxford/AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria)
- Pfizer/BioNTech (Comirnaty)
- Johnson & Johnson (Janssen)
- Moderna (Spikevax)
- Institute of India (Covishield)
- Bharat Biotech (Covaxin)
- SinoVac (CoronaVac)
- Beijing Institute of Biological Products (Sinopharm BIBP)
You can also use this service if you:
- have had certain vaccines abroad: you need to tell the NHS about coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccinations you've had abroad
- were vaccinated on an official clinical trial in England and your trial site has uploaded your vaccine information onto the NHS vaccine database
Contact your clinical trial site if you cannot get your NHS COVID Pass letter.
You cannot use this service if you have successfully applied for your NHS record to be flagged as sensitive.
Before you start
We'll ask you some questions, so we can look up your vaccination record. If we can find your vaccination record, we'll send a letter to the address the NHS has for you.
What address the NHS has for you
This is usually the address you have registered with your GP surgery.
If you're not registered with a GP, this can be the address you give when you use other parts of the NHS, like hospitals.
Check the details your GP surgery has for you are up to date. You can register with a GP surgery if you do not have one.
- what the NHS COVID Pass letter tells you, an easy-read guide (GOV.UK)
- what the NHS COVID Pass letter tells you, translated versions (GOV.UK)
- about the NHS COVID Pass letter for travel abroad in a BSL video (YouTube)
Ask for a letter by phone
You can ask for a letter by calling:
- 119 if you live in England
- +44 151 905 0119 if you're abroad (you'll be charged according to your carrier's rates)
- 0808 162 4119 free from any Isle of Man landline or mobile phone (dial the full 11-digit number)
Do not call if you're travelling in more than 4 weeks' time.