Use this service to get a letter showing your coronavirus (COVID-19) status for travel abroad.
You can use this letter if you're travelling abroad and need proof you've had your COVID-19 vaccination.
Who can use this service
You can use this service if the following apply:
- you're aged 16 or over
- you're fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine used in the UK
- you had your vaccination in England or the Isle of Man
- you’re registered with a GP in England or the Isle of Man
You may need to wait 5 working days after you're fully vaccinated for it to show on your record.
If you were vaccinated in Scotland or Wales, you can use this service if you're registered with a GP in England.
If you were vaccinated on a clinical trial
If you were vaccinated as part of an official clinical trial in England, your clinical trial site needs to put your vaccination information on the NHS vaccine database.
Some trial sites have done this already, and the rest will do it soon.
Contact your clinical trial site if you cannot get an NHS COVID Pass letter.
Before you start
We'll ask you some questions, so we can look up your vaccination record.
If we can find your vaccination record, we'll send a letter to the address you have registered with your GP surgery.
You should get this letter within 5 working days from the date you ask for it.
Check the details your GP surgery has for you are up to date. Or you can register with a GP surgery if you do not have one.Start now
Members of the UK armed forces need to visit the 'my health care hub' on the Defence Gateway (login required) to find out how to get their NHS COVID Pass.
Other ways to get your NHS COVID Pass
You can ask for a letter by calling:
- +44 151 905 0119 if you're overseas (you'll be charged according to your carrier's rates)
- 0808 162 4119 free from any Isle of Man landline or mobile phone (dial the full 11-digit number)
Do not call if you're travelling in more than 4 weeks' time.
You can also get a digital version of your NHS COVID Pass by:
- downloading the NHS App. The COVID Pass is not available to Isle of Man residents via the NHS App.
- using the online COVID Pass service
You need to have an NHS login for the NHS App and the online COVID Pass service.
Vaccination status in other parts of the UK and the Crown Dependencies
- Northern Ireland – nidirect: COVID certificate for NI residents
- Scotland – NHS Inform: Get a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status
- Wales – Welsh Government: NHS COVID Pass: prove your vaccination status
- Guernsey – GOV.GG: Covid status certificates (vaccine passports)
- Isle of Man – Isle of Man Government: NHS COVID Pass for Isle of Man residents
- Jersey – gov.je: COVID status certification