Category: Mental health
Cypher (formerly Silent Secret) is an anonymous peer-to-peer social network. It is a space to share your feelings and secrets, give and receive support, and connect to other support organisations.
Who is it suitable for?
Cypher is suitable for anyone who wants to share their thoughts and connect with others.
How does it work?
Cypher app allows you to:
- anonymously share your thoughts and feelings
- post comments, ‘hugs’, ‘hearts’ or ‘me2s’ on what others share
- instant message others in your support network
- use the ‘Get support’ function to connect with other support organisations
- pick a virtual pet who gets happier the more good you do
How do I access it?
You can download the Cypher app for free from the App Store and Google Play.
Page last reviewed: 04/04/2018
Next review due: 04/04/2021
The app developer is solely responsible for the advertisement, compliance and fitness for purpose of their apps and content. Apps are not supplied by the NHS, and the NHS is not liable for their use.
NHS here stands for NHS Digital, NHS England, Department of Health and Social Care, Public Health England, NICE, MHRA, CQC, GPs and any other health professionals undertaking NHS-funded care. See full disclaimer