Burnley General Hospital

01282 425071 Burnley General Hospital, Casterton Avenue , Burnley, BB10 2PQ

215 total | 1 found Show all reviews

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hysteroscopy procedure

I want to say a huge thank you to the gynaecologist and nurses who took such great care of me during my recent procedure. I was incredibly anxious and these three wonderful members of staff were just superb with me. They were professional, respectful, friendly and so very caring. I really did appreciate their support and words of encouragement and they went above and beyond to put me at ease. I attended as an outpatient. The department is very efficient and my waiting time was minimal. When I was called through I was greeted by a nurse who explained what was going to happen. My gynaecologist then came in to chat with me and to go through things in more detail. I was given ample time to ask questions and to prepare. I did struggle with anxiety during the procedure, but the nurse by my side was a rock and was absolutely fantastic. The procedure itself was done with the utmost care and the gynaecologist was very attentive and reassuring. Afterwards I was escorted to the recovery room where I had a cup of tea and biscuit and a piece of cake. It was bliss! Sixteen years ago my son was born at BGH and we received the same first class care back then, as I did just recently. Thank you for all that you do.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 04 October 2016

Burnley General Hospital replied on 05 October 2016

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent treatment in the Gynaecology department at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.

It is lovely to receive such positive feedback regarding the care and treatment you received and that you found the staff to be professional, respectful, friendly and caring. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the staff who will be delighted to receive such wonderful feedback as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

If you would like to provide us with further information about your experience so we can understand what made it so positive we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and using our services. You can either contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or by email at patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk.

Thank you again for commenting and best wishes.

Melissa Almond