Darlington Memorial Hospital

w 51,very satisfied.

staff very helpfull,food\fine dining,******ty

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 15 November 2018

Darlington Memorial Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Darlington Memorial Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant service in the child day ward.

Our son was blue lighted to Darlington memorial hospital on the morning of Saturday the 6th October 2018 due to him having difficulty breathing and going faint. The staff in the A&E department were fantastic. They were already waiting for us with everyone ready to receive him in the unit. They provided an excellent thorough service and were very caring and compassionate towards our 21 month old son.
He was then admitted to the childrens ward in which he spent the next 24 hours.
The staff who looked after us honestly couldn't have done more. From providing an extra bed so both myself and my wife could spend the night comfortably, to bringing my son a portable DVD player and constantly making an effort to improve his comfort.
The staff in both the day and the night shift were amazing, they were always in keeping my wife and I updated and we always felt in the loop.
It was a traumatic experience for us all but with the support provided by Darlington Memorial Hospital, so felt in good hands and as comfortable as possible.
The doctors were also brilliant. Every member of staff were brilliant with children and made an effort to comfort our son Noah.
I would like to thank everyone who was involved. It's the best medical service we've ever recieved.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 07 October 2018

Darlington Memorial Hospital has not yet replied.

Kate R gave Surgery - Breast at Darlington Memorial Hospital a rating of 5 stars

If you have a choice, choose this hospital

Having undergone surgery for breast cancer the day before yesterday I wanted to share my experience as soon as possible. From start to finish every aspect of my care and treatment has been flawlessly executed. Additionally , he time I spent as an outpatient at the day surgery unit I can only compare to that of a private hospital.

Every health care professional that I encountered showed a maximum of care, respect, efficiency and above all kindness and compassion including nurses, doctors and the peerless gentleman who operated on me.

Having cancer is a frightening experience but Darlington Memorial Hospital have made it as comfortable as is possible and I owe them a huge debt of gratitude.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 11 October 2018

Darlington Memorial Hospital has not yet replied.

Karen T gave Geriatric Medicine at Darlington Memorial Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Nurses, Doctors, HCAs @ Ward 52, Ward 34 & A&E

As a Registered Nurse myself I feel privileged that my elderly Mum was cared for so well by staff at Darlington Memorial Hospital. My elderly Mother unfortunately had to attend A&E as she was acutely unwell in August 2018 where she was treated promptly and kindly until she was transferred to the acute assessment ward 34 and then moved to ward 52. The staff I came into contact with at Darlington Memorial Hospital were excellent and the care provided to my Mother was exemplary.

My mother required a further admission last week, and was cared for for 24 hours on the acute assessment ward 34 and then moved to ward 52. The care my Mother is receiving on Ward 52 as an elderly fragile lady is exemplary - all staff treat my Mother with respect and dignity, they are all so patient and truly care for the elderly people they are entrusted to care for. A special mention must be made to Staff Nurse Cath who cared for my Mother in August 2018 and October 2018, she has been wonderful keeping me fully informed of my Mother's progress, nothing is ever too much trouble, thank you Cath you have been a tremendous support to me. Also Staff Nurse Nic has been great, so helpful and such a kind gentle gentleman, thank you so much. At times my Mother has been distressed psychologically and this is handled with attentiveness and kindness, with staff spending time with her to reassure her.

Thank you all so much - you truly do deliver your core values of patients coming first, valuing patients as individuals, responding with humanity and kindness, my sincere thanks once more for the tremendous job you do.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 13 October 2018

Darlington Memorial Hospital has not yet replied.

Danielle Charlton gave General Surgery at Darlington Memorial Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day operation

Amazing care at Darlington hospital due to getting my toinsils out. The care when I first came in, they made me as comfortable as passable. Then after meeting my surgent he explained everything what would happen and could happen making me understand and answering my questions in the best possible way. Because I had never had an anaesthetic before they were caring and willing to take there time in doing the procedure. The doctors nurses and health care assistants where extremely helpful and kind. They where kid to not only me as the patient but my family making sure they knew I as ok at all times, telling them when I was awake and allowing them to see me. After my operation my surgeon came and saw me right away and informed me that the operation worked and he made a follow up appointment with me to raise any concerns and make sure I am heeling well.

As well as that I could not thank the health care team enough!
Helping me get ready and insured I was ok to drink and eat. Asking if I was ok making sure I was not in no pain and if so they could do somthing about it.

Over all I am really overwhelmed with my experience I don’t think they could have dilivered better survive from the NHS at the Day Surgery unit on floor one of Darlington memorial hospital.
I would like to thank all of the people involved In taking great care and hard work to make me feel like this. You trully are amazing remarkable people
Thanks you!! :)

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 08 October 2018

Anonymous gave Darlington Memorial Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Disgusted

I am absolutly disgusted that my mother has been in hospital now for 3 weeks after she was supposed to be getting a scan after her 1st day in hospital which did not happen , it was only when her consultant camecthecnext day and complained that she was taken for her scan and then had to have emergency surgery. She has then been told she needed and mri scan as has an infection that they cannot find thecspurcecof. We were told this wpuld be done on Monday and it is now Wednesday and she is still waiting. This is absolutly appalling. My mother was diagnosed with cancer after the operation so to make herself and the family wait like this before they can decide what treatment if any is very distressing for everybody.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 24 October 2018

Paul gave Urology at Darlington Memorial Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Respiratory Review Appointment

Appointment 29/10/2018 14:00hrs. First visit to Urology Department, Arrived early in the hope of having a light lunch at Hollies, all I will say is, Take you own Lunch with you or wait until after your appointment, Expensive and not nice.
Everyone on level D was very co-operative and pleasant, staff were very professional in all aspects of their tasks, was a little worried prior to attending appointment but need not have worried, I was made to feel at ease. Everything was fully explained to me and I departed very satisfied and aware of what the future holds.
The polite Nurse who booked my further procedures and appointments made sure I was fully aware of the way ahead and even dispatched me with a nice folder to keep all the paperwork together and in place, Thank you for that little thoughtfulness, I now have no concerns about further appointment, the area on level D was very very clean, what stood out more than anything was how quiet it was, take a friend to talk to, although all staff were very friendly, they do have an important and lifesaving job. Remember: BE POLITE TO ALL STAFF.
Regards
Ex Serviceman

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 31 October 2018

Darlington Memorial Hospital has not yet replied.

Paul gave Respiratory Medicine at Darlington Memorial Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Respiratory Department Triumph again and again

Attended a Respiratory appointment at 16:15hrs on the 24/10/2018 with my consultant. I was 1 hour early for my appointment because I like to make sure I am never late, it's only polite, this didn't matter, as soon as I checked in I was ushered by a nurse for prelim tests prior to my appointment time, these included an X Ray by very professional, efficient and polite X Ray Department, A Spiro Test, again, by a professional and polite nurse and respiratory staff, I always get the sense of feeling that this department works together as a team, nothing appears too much hassle for them, they are always very helpful.
I had a very good one to one discussion with my Consultant, she has a no holds barred, open questions to and from, in Layman Terms and understandable language, very honest indeed, tells me how it is, what my options are and best practice for the way ahead for me. I never leave the Hospital after an appointment wondering, What Next, everything is explained and the Consultant makes sure I fully understood everything.
THANK YOU.
Regards
Ex Serviceman

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 31 October 2018

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Darlington Memorial Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Colposcopy staff very kind and caring.

Lovely staff at this clinic. Their kind and understanding attitude was much appreciated.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 10 September 2018

Darlington Memorial Hospital replied on 30 October 2018

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit.

I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant manager to pass onto the staff on your behalf. I know they will be encouraged by your positive comments.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Patient Experience Team
County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
Tel: 0800 7835774

Cyndi Mac gave at Darlington Memorial Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Following my recent short stay on Ward 51 I would like to thank all of the staff for their very excellent care and kindness .
Even though this is a busy ward the staff had time to talk to the patients in a reassuring manner which for me was most comforting following a heart attack.
I have no words to say how very thankful I feel for our NHS and your wonderful ward .

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 28 September 2018