University Hospital Of North Durham

0191 333 2333 North Road , Durham, County Durham, DH1 5TW

204 total | 1 found Show all reviews

Helen Metcalfe gave Children's & Adolescent Services at University Hospital Of North Durham a rating of 1 stars

Be very careful who you trust to do the right thing .

My disabled Grandson has recently been a Patient on Treetops ward . He has been a patient on Treetops ward on several occasions, in the last two years. There are a very few members of staff who can actually remember why they became a nurses in the first place ! ( Was it because you care ? ). I am appalled and deeply saddened that , I had to make a complaint about another department involved in my Grandsons care .
However I am shocked that the complaint was "investigated" The outcome was unfounded. This being because the people who are meant to care omitted vital information regarding his treatment .
It just shows complete lack of understanding and ignorance. When somebody thinks that my Grandson who is already terrified of loud noises , is laughing because he is being tickled . He Laughs because he cannot tolerate the pain!
If I myself were screaming and begging for somebody to stop , you would stop?
I could write a book about the catalogue of errors over the last two years , but chose not to because things happen , they sometimes go wrong!. But to cover your own back , when a very vulnerable and distressed child is the reason , that I cannot forgive. To make matters worse I will have to take him back to Treetops and face these unprofessional people again . Equal rights for disabled people ? really ?

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 21 June 2016

University Hospital Of North Durham replied on 21 July 2016

Dear Mrs Metcalfe

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience of the care your Grandson received from Treetops Ward at the University Hospital of North Durham and also the outcome of your complaint.

If you would like the Patient Experience Officer who dealt with your complaint to contact you to discuss things please do get in touch with the Team on the freephone number - 0800 783 5774 or you can email us at cdda-tr.patientexperiencecddft@nhs.net

I will also pass your comments onto the Officer for you.

Patient Experience Team