Royal Preston Hospital

01772 716565 Sharoe Green Lane North, Fulwood , Preston, Lancashire, PR2 9HT

Len Willoughby MBE gave Oncology - Clinical at Royal Preston Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Parking

Ii is an outrage that patients are charged the extortionate rates for parking when they have no control over the time and length of their visit .

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 07 November 2017

Royal Preston Hospital replied on 10 November 2017

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback. Our Carparking Management team respond:

Whilst the cost of maintaining and managing our car parks has increased year on year, the Trust has not made any changes to the parking charges since 2012. The introduction was made in line with government guidance and reflected the charges at other Trusts. As you are aware the flat rate charge has now been replaced with a sliding scale. This means that the amount charged reflects the amount of time spent in the carpark.

We understand that parking charges at NHS sites is a contentious issue. However we believe that the cost of providing safe and secure car parks should not be taken from budgets intended for patient care and treatment. We would assure you that the money we recoup from the charges will be used to maintain and improve all our car parks. This will include improved security and car parking managements system. The additional income will also enable us to plan better facilities for the future and any surplus will be reinvested in to patient care.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Preston Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Putting patients at risk

Yet again a family member's patient records were missing. The consultant would not listen and signed them off. Consequently they rapidly deteriorated and were admitted via A+E who initially suggested we play around with heart failure medicine ourselves at home and 'see how things went'. Fortunately EDU have some great doctors who addressed the problem under inpatient supervision. Absolutely appalled - and this is the second time it has happened at this hospital and I'm submitting a formal complaint.

Royal Preston Hospital replied on 17 November 2017

We are sorry to hear this and would ask you to please consider contacting our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) who will try to help.

PALS can be contacted on 01772 522972 and are open Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm

Anonymous gave Oncology - Clinical at Royal Preston Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Rosemere Cancer Centre

Such a huge improvement since a family members last treatment back in '90-'10 From the layout of the new building and modern equipment, to the amazing staff, one or two who were equally fantastic first time around.

The building is now warm and inviting with plenty of seats and privacy. From the staff at reception to the nurses etc, allcare very friendly and helpful, it makes such a huge difference and is greatly appreciated, we would be lost without their support.

There is a lovely place to get drinks from with very kind staff members too. It is very appreciated that we can have somewhere to sit down, and have a drink in between treatments and appointments.

A big thank you to all of the staff who are making a difficult time more easy. Thank you.

Royal Preston Hospital replied on 17 November 2017

A great deal of care and thought was put into the design and building of Rosemere and we are rightly proud and always happy to hear what a difference it makes to our patients and their families.

We have passed your thoughtful feedback on to the management team at Rosemere who will be delighted to share with their staff.

very happy patient gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Royal Preston Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ENT Department

Excellent care in this department all staff polite and helpful a special thank you to the cns nothing was too much trouble and they made me feel so at ease, answered any questions I had in a way id understand and not medical terminology. Came away feel a lit better and less worried, thank you guys.

Royal Preston Hospital replied on 17 November 2017

Thank you for taking the trouble to share this with us. We are so glad that you find our ENT staff so helpful and that you felt at ease and less worried. This is just what we would want for our own loved ones and it's the standard of care we all aspire to.

We will pass your kind comments on to ENT who will very much appreciate them.

Rachel Holden gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Royal Preston Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Words cannot thank you enough

I brought my daughter in to A&E on the 13th November, with stomach pains and a bit of sickness. I cannot thank that 1st doctor enough in primary care, that had her omitted for suspected apendisitus. After a few more examinations on Ward 8 and a ultrasound (prompted on by a nurse as we had been waiting quite a while, thank you) it was confirmed. The doctors, nurses and surgeons explained to my daughter and myself at every step what possibilities the pain could be and encouraged my daughter to ask questions if she was worried which they answered fantastic, once it was confirmed the treatment from everyone exceeded all my expectations. The nursing staff and everyone on ward 8 do a fantastic job, thank you so much. The anaesthetic team are fantastic and explained everything and made us laugh and relax in the room that can be quite a scary place, the surgical team thank you so much for making my little girl better you are amazing and explaining everything before and after the operation. Then back on ward 8 another nurse was fantastic through the night checking on my daughter, they explaining everything they might happen as she woke up through the night and then the lovely nurse that took over in the morning keeping on top of Abi's pain relief and helping more with getting my daughter get on her feet for that 1st walk daughter, they did everything they could to help us be able to go home that evening which was fantastic to be back in the peace and quiet of our own beds. You all are amazing keep up the good work, I think you all deserve a medal for what you do

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 17 November 2017

Royal Preston Hospital has not yet replied.

Pat vickers gave Pain Management at Royal Preston Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Treatment for chronic hip pain

I visited the pan management department this morning as a continuing patient suffering from chronic pain in the hip and leg(bursitis) and was given an injection in my hip and side of knee. I was treated by the doctor and the nurses there with great care and compassion, I cannot thank them enough, we are very lucky in Preston to have such an excellent pain management department and indeed such a great nhs. I don't know yet whether this injection will work, time will tell, but I am very grateful for their excellent work. Thankyou..

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 05 October 2017

Royal Preston Hospital replied on 09 October 2017

This is a pleasure to read, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know. We will pass this on today to the Pain Management team here at Royal Preston Hospital and they will be delighted.

Philip Heyes gave Nephrology at Royal Preston Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Department of Renal Medicine

My wife and I had occasion to attend our regular Post Transplant Clinic at RPH where we received the exemplary care that we have always benefitted form over the past decades we have been treated there. At the same we time attended a new Nurse led Annual review Clinic where our whole well being was reviewed over the last 12 months. This was conducted in a relaxed and very friendly environment and I believe it had enormous potential health benefits for all post transplant patients allowing their problems, which may otherwise not have been aired, to be acted upon. These annual Reviews can become a vital safety net, catching patients collective health problems and throwing up potential new ones, through the perspective of an important overview. The initiative is an excellent and innovative idea, and another fine example of caring and compassionate treatment that Patients from Preston's Department Of Renal Medicine can expect.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 07 October 2017

Royal Preston Hospital replied on 09 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share this with us. Our Matron for Renal Services says:

Thank you - this is lovely feedback that I will share with the post-transplant team and the wider renal team. It will be much appreciated as the Annual review Clinic is a new clinic that we set up and the team have been trying to get feedback from patients, it is nice to know that this is welcomed and seen as a vital safety net

Karen Turner gave Neurology at Royal Preston Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A day of tests for my daughter

After receiving really poor advice, treatment and support from my local GP and Hospital in Cumbria, we had a 2nd opinion with a specialist. Who then arranged for us to return to the NHS for tests that my daughter should have been referred for by our local health services!
From the moment we arrived at this HUGE hospital we were looked after by all types of staff, when we looked lost in corridors they approached us to help. We were overwhelmed by the customer service you are a great facility, right across the board. Many thanks for making a difficult day much easier.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 20 October 2017

Royal Preston Hospital replied on 06 November 2017

Your feedback makes us very proud to work for Lancashire Teaching Hospitals and the Neurology team will be very touched that you found time to share your experience with us via NHS Choices. We wish your daughter all the best in her treatment.

Abdul rauf gave Major trauma at Royal Preston Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I was badly injured while work and broken my ribs and......

I was badly injured while I was working and it was my first experience in a hospital outside London
My journey from entering to exit was opposite then my expectations.
I been lookaftered very professionaly
I want to thank all of the peoples who professionally took my care And treated me nicely while my stay at
Royal Preston Hospital
On major trauma ward 14
I really really appreciate staff of ward especially
the health care assistant

Thanks u all guys for ur help and support
Abdul rauf

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 28 October 2017

Royal Preston Hospital replied on 06 November 2017

Dear Mr Rauf, thank you so much for letting us know about your experience on the Major Trauma Ward. Coming in to hospital in such circumstances can be an intimidating experience, particularly if you are unfamiliar with the hospital. We are very glad to hear that everything went well for you and we hope you are well on the mend.

Lynette Bracegirdle gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Preston Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A and E visit

I attended the department last week and can I just say it was an amazing experience. As a health care professional myself I have an insight into health care provision . Preston exceeded all my expectations, I was treated with dignity throughout. The proffesinalism of the A and E staff was brilliant , every step was explained fully and communication skills were first class . I was sent for an urgent MRI scan and again this was a first class experience.
From walking in the door , being assessed and having an MRI took around 3 hours . I need to thank all the teams involved for your care and compassion

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 05 November 2017

Royal Preston Hospital replied on 06 November 2017

Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your attendance at our Emergency Department and MRI Scanning here at Royal Preston Hospital. We know how dedicated and caring our staff are so it means a lot when patients take the time to confirm that to us through feedback.

Our colleagues in ED and MRI will very much appreciate your kind words.