Westmorland General Hospital

01539 732288 Burton Rd , Kendal, LA9 7RG

Ben Miller gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wellbeing and courtesy

I would like to take this opportunity, to thank the staff of both the macular and the glaucoma clinics, that I attend on a fairly regular basis. Despite all the constraints being place on the NHS by external sources, I am extremely impressed by the courteous and professional manner in which staff at Westmorland General, handle themselves and treat their patients. On arrival, I am greeted in a friendly manner by all the staff I come in contact with. This is very reassuring when one walks into an enviroinment where there is a degree of 'you are the professional and I am the subject of your knowledge and skills'
I find this human touch, is both reassuring and important to making me feel relaxed and confident with the service and treatment I shall be receiving.
Once again thank for your professional and human delivery of your services.

Ben Miller

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 25 February 2018

Westmorland General Hospital replied on 28 February 2018

Hi Ben, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so pleased to hear that our staff made sure you were well looked after during your visit to Westmorland General Hospital. I have passed your comments onto the teams involved. Thanks again.

Christine S gave General Surgery at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery at WGH

I attended day surgery at WGH on Thursday 22nd February for a neurectomy. I was quite nervous as I’ve never had surgery or a general anaesthetic before so didn’t know what to expect but was made to feel relaxed and reassured right from the beginning. Everything was explained to me in great detail and I had a member of staff by my side from being admitted to being discharged. Once I was taken through to be anaesthetised, well what a laugh I had in there the guys were just fantastic and really made me feel relaxed! I just wanted to share my gratitude to every single member of staff that cared for me during my stay as you were all excellent and don’t receive enough recognition for what you do. People may think I’m being biased as I work at WGH but honestly these guys are excellent and very professional at what they do and I just wanted to take the time out to thank every single one of you involved in my care, keep up the good work!

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 28 February 2018

Westmorland General Hospital replied on 28 February 2018

Hi Christine, thank you so much for your kind words. I will pass them onto the team involved who I know will really appreciate them.

Ann Wood gave Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to primary care on 10th february 2018

Following a fall onto my back I could not walk and was in great pain. My husband took me to A & E the following morning where I received excellent help and attention from all the staff on duty that morning. I had 6 x-rays which indicated that I had not received damage to my bones. I was issued with a pair of crutches and details of use. Your service was excellent.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 05 March 2018

Westmorland General Hospital replied on 13 April 2018

Thanks for letting us know about your recent experience at Westmorland General Hospital. We have passed your comments onto the teams involved and we know they will appreciate your kind words. Thanks again, and take care.

Anonymous gave Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Attended for Day Surgery

I attended yesterday for day surgery. The scare, promptness and thoughtfulness of the staff, particularly my nurse for the day, was exemplary. Nothing was too much trouble and even though the ward was busy and people were coming and going, the staff had time and patience. They were at all time professional and showed a high level of care.

Thank you!

I have selected 'don't know' below as it does not offer the choice for day surgery! Also it took sometime to find the link to offer feedback.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 25 January 2018

Westmorland General Hospital replied on 13 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're really pleased to hear that you had a positive experience at the Westmorland General Hospital, in particular the care, promptness and thoughtfulness of the staff. I have passed your kind words onto the relevant teams at the hospital, who I know will really appreciate them. Thank you again, and all the best for your recovery.

Val gave General Surgery at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery

I cannot rate the care high enough that I received when I attended ward 7 on Wednesday 17th January. All the staff I met were very professional & caring, which was very much appreciated at such a stressful time. Thank you so much to everyone who showed such care & consideration, especially the nurse responsible for me, the radiographers, the anaesthetist & the surgeon. Would strongly recommend this hospital. Many thanks to you all.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 28 January 2018

Westmorland General Hospital replied on 13 February 2018

Hi Val, thank you for your feedback. We're really pleased to hear that our staff at Westmorland General Hospital made sure you were cared for, especially during such a stressful time. I have passed your comments onto the teams involved. Thank you again, and all the best for your recovery.

Alf gave at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ASSESSMENT IN OUTPATIENT DEPARTMENT

I was treated with great care and understanding, the problem that I went with was examined and the causes explained to me in a way that I could understand. I was really treated with kindness, understanding and in a very professional way by the staff that dealt with me. This puts me in a good frame of mind knowing that the team I saw today will be undertaking the treatment I need.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 30 January 2018

Westmorland General Hospital replied on 13 February 2018

Hi Alf, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to hear that your experience at Westmorland General Hospital was a positive one, and that you found our staff to be kind, understanding and professional. I have passed your kind words onto the teams involved, who will really appreciate them. Thank you again, and all the best for your treatment.

Anonymous gave at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hip replacement

I was due to go to fgh in Barrow but was offered a cancellation at Kendal. The information given before I went in was extremely helpful. Every member of the staff I came into contact with were lovely, they made me feel relaxed and any concerns I had were addressed straight away. They are a credit to the NHS,

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 21 December 2017

Westmorland General Hospital replied on 08 January 2018

Hello there, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I have passed your comments onto the teams involved who I know will really appreciate them. Thank you again.

Prof Edward Cowie gave at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The very best imaginable!

I had my first cataract operation last December and the second will be next week, to which I genuinely look forward! From the moment of arrival to my leaving, I was given first class treatment and care. The nurses are truly wonderful people and the staff in surgery are likewise more than just professional. My optometrist looked at my ‘new’ eye after one month from surgery and commented on how brilliantly the surgery was obviously done. I can’t speak highly enough of this hospital. It deserves the 5* I would give it. Thanks to ALL the team there...even the booking staff are great!

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 26 February 2018

Westmorland General Hospital replied on 28 February 2018

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to hear that our staff made sure your visit to Westmorland General was a positive experience. I have passed your kind words onto the teams involved who I know will really appreciate them. Thank you again, and all the best for your recovery.

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Rheumatology

My experience of the Rheumatology department is and always has been brilliant. All the staff are helpful and very pleasant. I've had Rheumatology treatment in other parts of the Country and believe me this team are superb.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 14 February 2018

Westmorland General Hospital replied on 28 February 2018

Hello, thank you for your review. I have passed your comments onto the team involved who I know will appreciate them. Thank you again.

Richard Fox gave General Surgery at Westmorland General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment and staff

Had the misfortune to have a second tier ankle sprain whilst on holiday at Chapel Style and from the moment the paramedic attended at the holiday cottage to the ambulance staff and resultant transportation to hospital and treatment at hospital I could not fault anyone or anything. Had my injury occurred two hours earlier, my transportation would have been by helicopter!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 13 November 2017

Westmorland General Hospital replied on 28 November 2017

Hi Richard, thank you for your review. I have passed your comments onto the teams involved who I know will really appreciate them. Thank you again