Shepton Mallet Community Hospital

01749 342931 Bucklers Way, Old Wells Road , Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 4PG

Caroline gave Shepton Mallet Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Totally Amazing staff, best experience ever!!

I have not been to this treatment centre before. What a pleasant experience is was right from reception, to the nursing staff and consultant. Everyone made me feel at ease, like I am as a person not a number. I cannot recommend this unit more. They rock, all of them
Many thanks
Caroline

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 19 October 2017

Shepton Mallet Community Hospital replied on 20 October 2017

Good afternoon

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience of one of our community hospitals. It is always great to receive complementary feedback, and you will be pleased to know that I will forward your comments to Matron who I know will be delighted to share with services.

Unfortunately, you have not mentioned which outpatient service you were attending so I will not be able to share with any specific team.
If you would like me to pass on your comments to a specific team could I ask you to call me on tel: 01278 432022 or email me at pals@sompar.nhs.uk.

With very kind regards

Anne Brennan gave Minor injuries unit at Shepton Mallet Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellent treatment

I attended the minor injuries unit on the evening off 15/6/17.
I was treated with great care, professionalism and respect.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 17 June 2017

Shepton Mallet Community Hospital replied on 22 June 2017

Thank you very much for your comment about one of our minor injury units. I have passed on your comments for the staff involved to see, and I am sure they will very pleased to read about your experience.
If in the future you would like to raise anything about any of our services and you would like to speak to somebody, you can always contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01278 432022 or email us pals@sompar.nhs.uk

With kind regards,

The PALS Team

Anonymous reviewed Shepton Mallet Community Hospital

Orthopaedic review of MRI

I arrived five minutes late for an appointment. When I arrived none of the three nurses behind the reception desk looked up from their discussion so I had to interrupt to let them know I was here. They took my letter and told me to sit. I needed the bathroom and asked one of the nurses. I visited and came back and shortly after was called for my appointment. As soon as I was in the room the Specialist informed me I was 15 minutes late. I explained that I'd been sat out there but they said they'd checked.

It would seem that the nurses at the front desk didn't let the nurse supporting the Specialist that I had had to pop to the bathroom. Being berated when despite horrendous back/leg pain you've done you're best is just not on. There has never been parking when I've visited which always means parking illegally and walking further.

Once the Soecialist had their say they went on to inform me that I was a candidate for surgery, which is what they recommend.They didn't seem
Inclined to help me understand the damage that I'd been done and offered no hope of me managing in anyway other than surgery. The information was clear and attitude patronising and dismissive. They followed me out and was still trying to push the surgery option.

It may be that surgery is the best option, but not once did they ask about my circumstances and how I might manage a recovery. All in all I shall avoid going to see they again, and won't recommend them to anyone I know.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 22 February 2017

Shepton Mallet Community Hospital replied on 24 February 2017

Hello, my name is Jenny and I am one of the Patient Advice and Liaison Officers for Somerset Partnership. Thank you for taking the time to comment about your experience at Shepton Mallet Community Hospital. I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you had accessing your appointment and I would like to investigate this further - if you would like to discuss this, please email me on pals@sompar.nhs.uk or by telephone on 01278 432022. Very best wishes.

Anonymous gave Shepton Mallet Community Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Orthopaedic review of MRI

I arrived five minutes late for an appointment. When I arrived none of the three nurses behind the reception desk looked up from their discussion so I had to interrupt to let them know I was here. They took my letter and told me to sit. I needed the bathroom and asked one of the nurses. I visited and came back and shortly after was called for my appointment. As soon as I was in the room the specialist informed me I was 15 minutes late. I explained that I'd been sat out there but they said they'd checked.

Once the Specialist had their say they went on to inform me that I was a candidate for surgery, which is what they recommend. The specialist didn't seem
Inclined to help me understand the damage that I'd been done and offered no hope of me managing in anyway other than surgery. The information was clear and their attitude patronising and dismissive. The consultant followed me out and was still trying to push the surgery option.

It may be that surgery is the best option, but not once did they ask about my circumstances and how I might manage a recovery. All in all I shall avoid going to see the specialist again, and won't recommend them to anyone I know.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 22 February 2017

Shepton Mallet Community Hospital replied on 02 March 2017

Good morning
Thank you for bringing this less than satisfactory experience to the attention of the Patient Advice and Liaison Service, (PALS), service for Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. We can only apologise for what has happened, but would like to look into it further on your behalf. However, in order to do so we would need some more information, so if you would like to call the PALS team on Tel: 01278 432022 or email us at pals@sompar.nhs.uk we will take this matter forward.

With kind regards

mrs c watts gave Shepton Mallet Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

thankyou so much for the excellent care I have received

Thankyou to everyone at shepton mallet I have just had my second knee replace in 10 weeks, as usual the hospital was very efficient clean and all the staff are so lovely and the food is excellent thankyou again for all the care and attention you gave to me shepton mallet hospital is just excellent

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 14 January 2017

Shepton Mallet Community Hospital replied on 17 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment about the care you received whilst in hospital. I can however, inform you that the Shepton Mallet treatment centre is not part of our trust, and is actually CareUK. I have passed on your kind words to their team.

If you would like any help regarding services within the Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (SOMPAR), then please feel free to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) team on 01278 432022 or email pals@sompar.nhs.uk
With kind regards, the PALS team

Jim Evans gave Shepton Mallet Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A happy hospital

Last week I had my gallbladder removed and the staff at all times were so cheerful and performed all their tasks superbly. I had a phone call 2 days later at home to check on my recovery, a nice touch. I would certainly recommend this hospital because they really seem to care about their patients from the moment you come in through the main door. Thank you to everyone involved with my operation and recovery.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 17 October 2016

Shepton Mallet Community Hospital replied on 24 October 2016

Thank you for writing a comment about the good treatment you received recently. However, this treatment will have been undertaken by the treatment centre which is actually part of Care UK and not our Trust. I shall send your appreciation over to their staff so that they can receive the well earned thanks.

If we can help you with anything in the future regarding to the Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (SOMPAR), then please feel free to email us at pals@sompar.nhs.uk or call 01278 432022

Jill Escott gave Shepton Mallet Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thumbs up for the radiology department

I visited today and was seen by the excellent doctor who preformed a scan on my kidneys, bladder and liver. The doctor was charming, kind, respectful and considerate and I was advised of the procedure at every stage. Their findings were presented to me clearly and in lay mans terms I could understand. I felt very safe and left feeling happy and reassured, I trust the doctor implicitly as I was fortunate to have seen them early 2012 when they confessed natural curiosity prompted them to do such a thorough investigation that they uncovered a serious underlying problem. The doctor is very good indeed and a major asset to your team.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 22 August 2016

Shepton Mallet Community Hospital replied on 21 September 2016

Thank you for your lovely feedback, we are so pleased your experience was a positive one at Shepton Mallet. Very best wishes, Jenny from the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)

Jill Escott gave Shepton Mallet Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

my visit to radiology

I visited the radiology dept today where the doctor performed a scan. I have left a separate review for the doctor but I would also like to say that the doctor was assisted by a member of staff who immediately put me at my ease as they actually remembered me from 4 years ago!. The member of staff was very upbeat and kind and their sunny nature put me at my ease. After my scan they escorted me to the changing room for my XRAY and explained what I needed to do. I was given an XRAY by a member of staff who was also kind, calm and professional. I was very pleased indeed with my experience in the Radiology Department and I think your staff are excellent

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 22 August 2016

Shepton Mallet Community Hospital replied on 21 September 2016

Dear Jill,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Shepton Mallet Community Hospital, it is so lovely to hear such positive things. We are so glad your experience was a good one! We will share these comments with the service to share with their staff,

Hope all is well now,

Very best wishes,

Jenny at the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)