James Paget University Hospital

01493 452452 Lowestoft Road, Gorleston , Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR31 6LA

110 total | 1 found Show all reviews

lampsat gave Accident and emergency services at James Paget University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to A and E followed by Stroke Unit followup

My husband gave me cause for concern yesterday and I called 111 for advice, within minutes the ambulance arrived and my husband was assessed by two very proficient paramedics. We were advised a trip to A and E would be necessary. On arrival the department was very busy, however it was "all hands on deck" to make sure my husband was treated in as short a time as possible. The staff, especially the A and E care assistant, the senior stroke nurse, the senior sister and the doctor were so caring, professional and informative. Blood tests and CT scan were carried out almost immediately. We were spoken to with compassion and concern and kept informed at all stages. Porterage staff, CT staff were the same, kind and professional. An appointment was made for today for follow up checks with the Stroke Unit, again everything was superb. The consultation eased our worries and the staff, house keeping, nurse and consultant took time to advise, make us comfortable and make provision for the future. 100% thumbs up for you all at James Paget, thank you from us both.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 18 July 2016

James Paget University Hospital replied on 19 July 2016

Dear Lampsat

Many thanks for taking the time to post your lovely feedback. I do hope that your husband is recovering well. I have shared your positive comments with the teams involved in your husband's care who will be pleased to learn that they all contributed to a positive experience.

Best Wishes