Peterborough City Hospital

01733 678000 Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Bretton , Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 9GZ

247 total | 1 found Show all reviews

Minnies Owner gave Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine at Peterborough City Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Up and down

difficult to get GP to refer as it appears my GP handles normal T1 diabetics in their Practice.

I have to admit after 30+ years as a T1 I know if I am normal, or not.

However, after getting past GP and speaking and seeing a fantastic community nurse then I saw a Consultant.

Brilliant!

The nurse was and is fantastic. So was the Consultant. For the very first time in 30 years I am seeing a dietitian! Superb understanding of my multiple health condtions.

The parking, reception and cleanliness, friendliness is brilliant.

The exceptionslly genuine interest and care from the DSN at the Healthy Living Centre is the best. They say they will phone you and they do! They say she will do things and they do...

The Consultant listened. They understood and I have now got avery good follow up in place.

It is hugely important that patients try to look after themselves with good unprocessed foods, good testing, good understanding of diabetes etc. however, sometimes our bodies seem to be killing ourselves from the inside out and we need help, understanding and good care.

Well, homestly... This is the best care. I had superb care at Milton Keynes Hospital but finally after getting past my GP then I have now got exceptional care.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 01 April 2016

Peterborough City Hospital replied on 01 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to respond following your visits regarding your diabetes management. It is always a pleasure for our staff to read comments such as yours and I will ensure they are passed on.

Regards