Basildon University Hospital

01268 524900 Nethermayne , Basildon, Essex, SS16 5NL

463 total | 1 found Show all reviews

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Horirible

I cannot believe the treatment my 5 year old received yesterday in the Dermatology Dept. We waited for 30 mins in a crowed room. The 'expert' Dr was could not care about my daughter, barely looked at her skin. My daughter was scared & the doctor made it so much worse. There was no communication - all the doctor did was leave the room & then return to make notes. My daughter cried & screamed as she did not want an internal swab & the Doctor did nothing. I cannot believe the so called treatment my daughter received. The Dr should be ashamed & reconsider their profession - as clearly they have no empathy, caring or desire to treat patients. Prescribing medication is all the doctor cared about, Both me & my daughter left the department in tears. A shambles & utter disgrace. Basildon Hospital - please improve. For a mother & daughter to leave the hospital in tears is incomprehensible We went to improve my daughters health - not to make the child terrified !

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 11 October 2016

Basildon University Hospital replied on 07 November 2016

Thank you for your comments regarding your daughter's experience in the Dermatology Department at Basildon Hospital. We are sorry that this was not a positive experience for either of you. The behaviour you describe of the medical staff is unacceptable. In order to investigate your concerns further, please contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on 01268 524900 xt 4440 or email: pals@btuh.nhs.uk and they will look into this for you.
Thank you.