Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

01603 286 286 Colney Lane , Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7UY

Sandra gave Respiratory Medicine at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Respriritory Dept.

Met with consultant 6/11/17 at 10am, they had two medical students with them at their clinic. The consultant's bedside manner was second to non, they explained every part of the consultation, not only in depth to their students so they understood 100% but also to us, my cousin has tinitus so I was his ears, and understood and heard everything that was discussed, prior to the meeting, concerns were rather high, when we left there were no concerns, no worries and all areas had been covered. The consultant is a brilliant doctor and their students are privileged to have the consultant mentor them, they should teach other Doctors not just students, what an amazing medical professional. The Respiratory Clinic is very well run, all staff are through and so organised, it was a very pleasant appointment from start to finish. Thank you to all especially the consultant.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 07 November 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 15 November 2017

Dear Family Member
Thank you for your kind comments regarding the Respiratory Team at the hospital. I am pleased to read that the medical care was of a good standard and that everything was fully explained. Thank you for taking the time to write with your thanks and praise, and this will be shared with the department.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Peter Judd gave Cardiology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Staff had a genuine passion for their work!

I had an appointment for an echocardiogram and the cariographer was exceptional. They told me about their passion for their work and took time to explain the process as they carried out the ultra scan. Their interpersonal skills are fantastic and they seems like a true asset to the NHS. I am ever grateful for the valuable service you all provide.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 13 November 2017

Dermatology Department

Over the past two years I have been in the care of the N&N Dermatology department after being diagnosed with a Malignant Melanoma and have had many consultations and procedures over that period of time and I have found the hospital staff , from the Reception team to the Doctors / Consultants / Plastic surgeons to be courteous , helpful and very professional .They all are a credit to the N&N Dermatology Department and I cannot thank them enough for the treatment I have received over that period . I recently had a consultation on the 11-11-2017 and was operated on the following day , that is service of the highest order .well done all concerned . .

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 14 November 2017

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Barrie Allen gave Dermatology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Dermatology department

Many thanks again for the Brilliant service given to me recently. I am so pleased we are fortunate to have such a dedicated team, that not only do brilliant work but are so kind and reassuring. Well done indeed. Barrie. Such a fantastic Hospital!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 16 November 2017

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A & E Department

Attended A & E today 19/11/17 , I just want to say a big thank you to the wonderful staff , nurses physio and doctor who looked after my mum . Very kind cheerful and helpful. We left feeling we had been looked after very well.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 19 November 2017

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ENT - Respectful, helpful staff and first class service

Although my treatment is not complete, the service I have received so far from this department has exceeded my expectations. Staff have been consistently respectful, courteous and helpful and I have received thorough information at every step of the way. Taking away the wait time to initially get an appointment, I cannot fault the service I have received. Having just had a hearing aid fitted as part of my treatment I was impressed with this particular aspect; thorough explanations, information and assessment, all completed with understanding and respect by staff who made me feel like an individual with their own, very specific treatment needs father than just another number. I felt listened to, included and in control of my own treatment. On the one occasion the department was running late, staff kept me informed and apologised which was appreciated and helped to alleviate stress and potential rising frustration. All very impressive. Well done to all the staff who continue to deliver a quality service whilst under continuing and persistent pressures and resource issues.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 08 November 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about the care you have received from the department. I am pleased to read that staff provided good care and you felt listened to. I will share this with the staff involved in your care and thank you for taking the time to write with your thanks and praise.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Anonymous gave Plastic surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very disappointed with the cleanliness. Over seveveral visits ranging fro 8am in the morning to 7pm in the evening the lack of cleaning staff was very evident from filthy toilets to seeing the same oxygen masks and connecting tubes laying around on the floor around my wife’s bed over at least two days, I eventually picked them up my self. In such a place as a Hospital I would have expected higher standards of cleanliness.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 02 November 2017

Dear Family Member
Thank you for your feedback regarding your wife's recent inpatient stay and the standard of cleanliness. I am sorry to read your concerns. I will share this with senior staff in the hospital and thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Anonymous reviewed Emergency Abdominal Surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

No discharge advice given

Having been admitted from A & E with suspected appendicitis on 27/10/17 I was taken for keyhole surgery just before midnight on the same day. I returned to Docking Ward at 3.00am. Later that day (Saturday 28/10/17) I was informed that my blood test results were fine and I could go home. There was no pressure on me to leave and I had the option to stay if I chose. I decided to go home and left the ward at about 4 that afternoon. Initially I was told I was not to leave without a discharge letter, then was told it would be posted and,to date(2/11/17) still haven’t received one. In the event that things did not run smoothly once home I have no idea who I should have contacted, the ward, back through A & E? I visited my surgery today for a prescription and asked their advice about dressings and when they looked on their system they had no discharge info either.
I could not fault the staff who cared for me, everybody throughout my short stay were lovely but am not impressed with discharge arrangements.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 02 November 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for the comments you have made about the discharge arrangements from hospital. I am sorry to read your concerns but pleased to read that you received good care during your admission. Please contact me at pals@nnuh.nhs.uk if the matter remains unresolved. Please be assured I will share your feedback with senior staff in the hospital.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Sue Wilkes gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

Visited A and E yesterday evening (October 3rd) after a fall during my holiday. Hotel had phoned for an ambulance as I was bleeding profusely from my nose. After an hour a paramedic rang to say it would be several hours before an ambulance could be dispatched as they were very busy. As my nose had by then stopped bleeding we opted go to A & E by taxi. Arrived at 10 p.m, waiting room packed & sent to Minor Injuries, also packed!We anticipated a very long painful wait. Seen at about 11,45! Possible nose fracture + very painful bruised ribs.Aftercare/ followup explained/ advised. BP skyhigh because of the stress which they accepted. All stafffrom the moment we arrived were kind, caring, concerned, smiling despite it being so busy & so late.Back at hotel at 12.15 a.m. Excellent service. Thankyou all staff who dealt with me for your care & making a horrible experience more bearable.
(I look like a prize fighter today 😊)

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 October 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent attendance at the hospital. I am pleased to read that staff were kind and caring. I will share this with all staff involved in your care. Thank you for taking the time to post your thanks and praise.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Appointents at gastroenterology

I recently attended general surgery for assesment prior to gall bladder surgery. (I had previously been diagnosed as having other gastroenterological issues via a CT scan during which it was discovered that I have gall stones which explained part of my various symptoms).I left the appointment completely confused as to whether or not the surgery for the gall stones was really needed although at the time I agreed to it. I have now decided not to go ahead and will cancel my appointment for surgery . I do not know who I saw on the day but I hope I never have to see them again .All in all a very confusing appointment.I

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 05 October 2017

Dear Patient
I am sorry to read your concerns following your recent attendance at the hospital. Please be assured I will share your feedback with senior staff in the hospital. Please contact me on 01603 289045 or at pals@nnuh.nhs.uk if you would like to discuss this further.