Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

01603 286 286 Colney Lane , Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7UY

Katie P gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Worry-free visit to A&E

I had to make a trip to A&E on a Friday evening after being advised to go by the walk-in-centre (GPs there declined to treat me- but that's another story!). I had a possible infection and needed an examination. Anticipating a long wait, I brought along a book but barely needed it. I was triaged immediately upon arrival and seen by a junior doctor and nursing assistant who treated me with kindness, dignity and compassion. Although my visit took no longer than 90 minutes total, staff apologised for my wait and the less-than-ideal bed space. I felt safe, listened to and comforted. Well done NNUH A&E, thank you for looking after me so well, and thank you to the doctor and nursing assistant for your excellent and knowledgeable care.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 08 January 2019

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 January 2019

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent attendance at our A&E Department. I am pleased to read this was a positive experience and that staff were kind, caring and professional. I will share this with staff in the department as well as senior staff in the hospital. Thank you for taking the time to write and I hope you are recovering well.
With best wishes

Stu Clark gave at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hip replacement on 09/01/2019

I had my hip replacement on the 9th of January 2019. I have to say the NHS service is so amazingly no, I could not fault any part of the service or my stay at the hospital. I would like to thank all the staff on Cringleford ward for all the post op care, you were all amazing, also massivethanks to the nurse who was working in the recovery department, you were absolutely amazing, and the lastly a huge thank you to the surgeon who carried out the procedure, in just a few days I feel a million dollars, you and your team are exceptional. The NHS staff are overworked and under paid. Thank you to everyone involved in my procedure.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 12 January 2019

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 14 January 2019

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent inpatient admission. I am pleased to read that your procedure went smoothly and staff were professional, kind and caring. I will share this with the staff involved, as well as senior staff in the hospital. I hope you are recovering well and thank you for taking the time to write.

Sue gave at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

orth surgeon & team and Cringleford Ward

I would just like to thank the wonderful team for the time and care they have given me on the 2nd Jan 19 when I came in for my back operation,nothing was any trouble and everybody were wonderful,then went onto Cringleford Ward and all the staff on this ward were absolutely brilliant,again nothing any trouble.This hospital and all it’s staff are first class considering the stress they must be under with all the patients they do not show it,I think even if it had been a private hospital the care could not of been any better,again to the orthopaedic surgeon and all his team and the Cringleford Ward a very Big Thank You

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 08 January 2019

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 January 2019

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent inpatient stay. I am pleased to read that staff were kind, professional and caring and you received first class treatment. I will share this with the staff involved in your care as well as senior staff in the hospital. Thank you for taking the time to write and I hope you are recovering well.
With best wishes
Sarah

Suemorley gave at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

One particular consultant and his orthopaedic team and Cringleford Ward

I would like to thank one particular consultant and all his orthopaedic team for their time and care they gave me on the 2nd Jan 2019 ,absolutely 1st class and then afterwards on the Cringleford Ward,all the nurses were superb nothing any trouble,every single member of this hospital done the hospital proud,you are all wonderful and deserve a Big Thank You.Top marks to you and the hospital

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 09 January 2019

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

N.Martin gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First-class!

The service, treatment, and personal attention I received yesterday at the Arthur South Day Procedure Unit (Pain Management) was first-class! I have had occasion to be at the hospital for various treatments in the past 2/3 years, and I am in awe of the professionalism of all the staff, from reception to operating table - and in the face of such challenges! I was told, on good authority, that this unit was 110% full, evidenced by the car-park being filled to over-flowing! We need to give this hospital all the credit it deserves, as a pillar of our community! Well done to all!

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent admission. I am pleased to read that staff were professional and caring. I will share this with all staff involved in your care, as well as senior staff in the hospital. Thank you for taking the time to write, and I hope you are recovering well.

Anonymous gave at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

How people not just treatment make you feel better

From the moment the ambulance arrived - I was treated with nothing but respect and kindness above and beyond the call of duty. What I love is the humour that is always injected into sometimes what would otherwise be embarrassing or awkward situations. Thank you to all on the Gateley Ward - and to Robert Crawford's team.

I know there are shortages in the NHS and wages should be higher but the staff work miracles and accept all challenges with grace and determination. I enjoyed the food and meeting a charming volunteer visitor.

I had an operation and all went really well. There are 15 operating theatres in the hospital - coping day and night! I was given the best treatment, medicines and service all round.

Thank you again - take pride dear hospital.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 14 December 2018

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 December 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent in patient stay. I am pleased to read that staff were professional and treated you with respect and kindness. I will share this with senior staff in the hospital as well as the staff involved in your care. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences.
With kind regards

Judith Williams gave Gynaecology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The gynaecology and oncology team

Eight days ago i had a blood test that indicated a possible cancer situation. Within 24 hours i had a scan and a consultant meeting arranged which have taken place over the last two days. My appointments were absolutely on time, there was no sense of rush and the consultant gave us ( me and my husband)a first class experience Truly no different to a private practice provider and we feel very happy with the service. The NHS can receive a bad press but right now we see only a very caring competent and efficient organisation. Thank you

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 13 December 2018

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 December 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for your positive feedback following your recent care and treatment at the hospital. I am pleased to read you were seen quickly and efficiently and staff were kind and caring. Thank you for taking the time to write with your thanks and praise.
With kind regards

Sue Clapsib gave Cardiology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care given by Cardiac Department

I would like to thank all the staff, nurses and doctors who looked after me following my cardiac arrest.
You could not fault any one, I was well taken care off.
I had an angiogram followed by a ICD a few days later. They were all explained to me in great detail so that I could understand what was going to happen.
I had my cardiac arrest on the 13th December and let home on Christmas Day I cannot thank the staff enough for their great care.
With many many thanks Sue Clapson

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 07 January 2019

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent inpatient stay. I am pleased this was a positive experience for you and staff were kind and caring. I will share this with the staff involved in your care as well as the senior staff in the hospital. Thank you for taking the time to write, and I hope you are recovering well.
With kind regards

Mrs Perry gave Maternity services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

01.11.18 birth of my baby girl

On the first of November 2018 my baby girl was born at the N&N hospital. My midwife and experience was amazing. Could not praise the staff enough on the delivery suite. So caring and reassuring. My main midwife was amazing and would recommend her to anyone, with her caring and positive calm manor made the atsmophere and experience much more enjoyable/easier.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 30 November 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent experience following the birth of your daughter. I am pleased to read that staff were caring, positive and reassuring. I will share this with senior staff in the hospital and thank you for taking the time to write with your thanks and praise.
With kind regards

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Eye Casualty

Unfortunately, I have had to attend Eye Casualty and Eye Clinics quite a few times over the past few years. Anything potentially threatening your your eye sight is incredibly scary, but the NHS service I have received from this dept on all occasions has been excellent. The staff were excellent on all occasions. The consultant is excellent, kind and understanding. The nurses, clinical assistants and admin staff have also been excellent. Thank you

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 04 December 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent visit to the emergency Eye Clinic. I am pleased to read you were treated with dignity and respect and staff were kind and caring. I will share this with senior staff in the hospital and staff involved with your care. Thank you for taking the time to write with your thanks and praise.