Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

01603 286 286 Colney Lane , Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7UY

Jill S gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant experience in new endoscopy department

Recently attended the endoscopy department in the new Quadram building and was very impressed with everything. I was referred on a Tuesday and given an appointment for the following Monday. All the staff were so kind, friendly and treated me with dignity. It was good to wait for the procedure in a bright waiting room rather than an airless corridor. What a brilliant place for a gastroscopy, I can't think of anything that could have been organised or done better. Well done NHS.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 15 April 2019

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 April 2019

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent visit to our Endoscopy Unit at the Quadram Institute. I am pleased staff were kind and caring and this was a positive experience. Thank you for taking the time to write, and I will share this with the staff involved.
Sarah

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Nearly forgotton

It is a sad state of affairs when being treated in hospital takes place in the waiting room. Information was given to patients in front of others, tests missed and one patient left waiting for a bed for 14 hours. During a 6hr wait with my mum there have been no explanations regarding her tests or expected time frames, we have simply been left in the waiting room (make shift area from a treatment room with the door propped open by an oxygen cylinder!) with no idea as to what happens next. Staff, when you finally got to speak with them, were caring and friendly but it is a small blessing in a long line of disappointments. All it needed was more effort on communication and someone to offer a little care to patients and their friends/family whilst waiting.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 13 March 2019

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 April 2019

Dear Family Member
Thank you for providing feedback about your recent experience in our Emergency Department. I am pleased to read that staff were caring and friendly, but I apologise that they did not communicate with you adequately. Please be assured I will share this with senior staff in the hospital so improvements can be made to our services. Should you wish to discuss this further please contact me at pals@nnuh.nhs.uk.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I hope your mother is recovering well.
With kind regards
Sarah

David Rogers gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Coping under extreme pressure

It was difficult finding bed /ward space on the night of 18 March after leaving A & E and about 8 patients had to spend some time on trolleys in the corridor.. At about 5 am a few beds were found so I was moved to a ward to enjoy some sleep..

The staff operating the make shift ward in the corridor were hard working, knowledgeable
and showed excellent nursing skills and patient management . Dignity and security was maintained at all times..I can only offer praise to all the staff concerns in A & E., on exit from
A & E and to the staff on Edgefield Ward.

Well done all.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 23 March 2019

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your care and treatment from our ED and Edgefield Ward staff. I am sorry to read there was some difficulty finding a bed, but pleased to read that staff were kind, knowledgeable and caring. I will share this with senior staff in the hospital as well as the staff involved. Thank you for taking the time to write with your thanks and praise, and I hope you are recovering well.
Sarah

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent outpatient care

I attended general surgery outpatients and also a screening and ultrasound service. At all times I was treated with care and kindness on what could’ve been a much more stressful day. Thank you

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 26 March 2019

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent outpatient appointment. I am pleased to read you were treated with care and kindness and I will share this with all staff involved. Thank you for taking the time to write.
Sarah

John Kirkwood gave Respiratory Medicine at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great staff

I was admitted to Hethel Ward via A&E, I found all the staff on the ward to be very good and understanding, Nothing was too much trouble for any of them, They were polite, curtious, and professional, you could not have wished for any better staff than the staff on the ward from the ward sister, nurses, cleaners and meal serving staff, they all do a fantastic job, you are all a credit to the NHS, keep up the good work.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 01 April 2019

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent inpatient stay. I was pleased to read that staff were polite and caring. I will share this with all staff involved, and I hope you are recovering well. Thank you for taking the time to write.

Great staff

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 01 April 2019

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Dani gave Gynaecology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 2 stars

NEVER ANSWER THE PHONE

They dont answer the phone, rude and unhelpful when they do.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 03 April 2019

Dear Patient
I am sorry to read your feedback about communication from the Gynaecology Team and apologise for any frustration and distress caused to you. Please contact me at [pals@nnuh.nhs.uk](mailto:pals@nnuh.nhs.uk) so we can assist you further.
With kind regards
Sarah

Anonymous gave Respiratory Medicine at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Respiratory Medicine & Gunthorpe Ward - patient experience

I have experienced the Respiratory Medicine Service as an out-patient and in-patient. I was referred from out-patients for a procedure on Gunthorpe Ward. From the moment I entered the Ward every staff member that I had contact with showed me complete empathy and understanding, whilst giving me confidence through their professionalism. I can not fault any area of the care I have received under the Respiratory Medicine Service. My anxiety levels as a patient are very high, but my fears have been allayed, due to the total professionalism, efficiency, thoughtful and empathetic staff at all levels within the Respiratory Medicine Service. I can not praise them enough.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 29 March 2019

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about the care you have received from the hospital, both as an inpatient and an outpatient. I am pleased to read the care was kind, professional and efficient. I will share this with the staff involved as well as senior staff in the hospital. Thank you for taking the time to write.
Sarah

Suzi gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Waiting times

Waited 1hr to see someone then 4 hrs to see a docter

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 13 February 2019

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 February 2019

Dear Patient
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent attendance at hospital. I am sorry to read this. Please contact me at [pals@nnuh.nhs.uk](mailto:pals@nnuh.nhs.uk) if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Sarah

Pat Conway gave Ophthalmology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Carcinoma removal

professional kind and wonderful work ethos incomparable under an amazing surgeon who is top class!

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 14 February 2019

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 19 February 2019

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent procedure. I am pleased to read you had excellent care from the surgeon. I will share this with the staff involved as well as senior staff in the hospital. Thank you for taking the time to write, and I hope you are recovering well.