Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre

01752 506070 20 Brest Road, Derriford , Plymouth, Devon, PL6 5XP

Dave Mitchell gave Orthopaedics at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Shoulder Replacement Op July 2018

I would like to thank all the staff for their help when undergoing my recent shoulder replacement.I found everyone to be helpful,friendly and above all super efficient both before
and with their post operation care and information..
I would highly recommend anyone requiring any of their surgical procedures to consider
this centre for their treatment.
Again thank you for your excellent care
Dave Mitchell

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 05 August 2018

K Heron gave at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

I selected this hospital for my out patients consultations with regard to removing metal work from my arm, not realising my operation would also be here. All I can say is I’m so glad I did. The standard of care, from the first appointment to the call the day after the operation to check I was doing well, has been outstanding. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 21 June 2018

Steve Penhaligon gave at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant

5* rating from me, the staff was brilliant! The service was brilliant. I felt welcome with all the time, even tho I was there a short time. Everything was perfect

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 26 June 2018

Gary parr gave at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Shoulder surgery

Hi just thought I would leave a review of my experience at the peninsula medical clinic I had surgery on my shoulder in may the staff couldn’t do enough for me before and after my surgery the surgeon explained everything to me before hand the anethetest came and saw me before hand everything went well it is still pain full but that’s to be expected I had a follow up call from the hospital to see how I was
Overall a good experience and I hope the next one is as good I don’t think it could be better well done to all staff and especially the surgeon

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 01 June 2018

Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre replied on 21 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're pleased you had a positive experience with us. Your comments will be passed to staff.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 1 stars

If I had the choice, I wouldn’t have surgery here again

What can I say.. completely disappointed. I had the choice of my surgery being here, Derriford or Nuffield. I chose here as I heard good things!
Dont get me wrong, my surgeon was fantastic when I first met him & I looked forward to my surgery. First of all it got delayed by 6 weeks as I was still on contraception & the risk of DVT was higher. They were adamant they told me to stop... they didnt. Why would I continue & jeopardise my surgery date & health? On surgery day the staff on day surgery were lovely & really friendly. My surgery got delayed by an extra 2 hours meaning I hadnt had water for 7 hours. When I asked 3 times, noone seemed to know if I could have a bit of water. The anaesthetist was then not happy as I had gone so long my veins collapsed & cannulation was extremely difficult. Care in recovery was great, & back on day surgery ward was good too & I was allowed home.
I got sent home with discharge notes that strictly said redressing after a week, stitches after 2 and meeting with surgeon. First of all noone even contacted me for my appts, then they were all 5 days over the meant to be date. After being severely uncomfortable (which the doctor said doesnt warrant a dressing change apparently) I got my dressings changed a week after like I was supposed to. Thats after I got pushed pillar to post from outpatients to the ward who didnt know what to do with me... second appt for stitch removal was much better.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 18 May 2018

Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre replied on 21 May 2018

Firstly may I take this opportunity to thank you for leaving feedback about your experience. I am very disappointed that the treatment you received was not what you would expect and certainly not to our usual high standard. I would be more that happy to discuss this with you and would ask that you contact me, Sue Farrell Head of Nursing and Clinical Services so that I can investigate your concerns and ensure this does not happen again.
I hope you are recovering well from your operation. I look forward to hearing from you.
Sue Farrell
Peninsula Treatment Centre

Anonymous gave at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 2 stars

Poor communication and discharge planning

My mother was admitted for right hip surgery this month. While we cannot complain regarding her hospital room or her surgery,she neither saw or had a very,very brief visit from a physio.She is 77 years old lives alone and was just given lots of printed info regarding post discharge physio,which stated start when told to by the physio! We ended up contacting her gp and social services who arranged in home physio for her. She was supposed to receive a discharge call the day after discharge,never happened! When I tried to phone in the number noted as the ward?urgent number no one answered and I called 3 times. As there is no voicemail I couldn't even request a callback. The discharge teaching was very rushed. I appreciate my mother was really wanting to leave but as a nurse myself, I still make sure patients have everything in place before they leave.All in all a very discouraging experience.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 27 May 2018

Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre replied on 21 June 2018

We are very sorry that you are unhappy with your mother's care. Please give us a call so we can discuss with you. Sue Farrell 01752/506027 Or contact on sue.farrell@careuk.com

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Hip Surgery

Very happy with me experience at Peninsuls, operation went very smoothly even though I was a little poorely first 24 hours.Had my own room, food was very good and I felt well cared for. Staff were all very kind and supportive definately chose the right hospital.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 29 May 2018

Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre replied on 21 June 2018

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. Hope you are well on the way to recovery.

Excellent care

My husband came to the peninsula on 28th December for a total knee replacement and the care that he received was outstanding. Nothing was too much trouble. The staff were very helpful and friendly and we would just like to say a big thankyou for looking after him so well.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 08 January 2018

Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre replied on 09 January 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. I will pass on your thank you to all the staff and we all wish your husband a speedy recovery.
all the very best.
the Peninsula team.

Excellent day care

I had day surgery on my wrist and the care I received was from absolutely lovely caring staff . A lovely proper cup of tea and felt well looked after. Thank you to all the staff involved.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 07 November 2017

Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre replied on 08 November 2017

Many thanks for the wonderful feedback and I'm glad we make a good cup of tea.
Hope you continue to make a good recovery.
All the best the Peninsula team.

Edward gave at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent and highly efficient treatment

I had surgery on my foot recently at this treatment centre and I really cannot fault them in any way. I arrived at the requested hour and was in the operating theatre around 30 minutes later. After surgery and recovery, I went home within 3 hours of having arrived.
It couldn't have gone more smoothly and all of the staff were friendly and most professional.
Many thanks to everyone there.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 09 October 2017

Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre replied on 09 October 2017

Dear Edward,
thank you very much for your positive comments which will of course be forwarded on to our staff.
all the very best the Peninsula team.