Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre

01752 506070 20 Brest Road, Derriford , Plymouth, Devon, PL6 5XP

sydney griffiths gave Orthopaedics at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

hip operation october 8 2018

it all started 2 years ago when i started having pain in my hip after having an xray i was told i had arthritis in my hip i was told i should lose some wheight as i was 47 bmi .i joined slimming world and joined a gym fort stamford plymouth slowly i started loosing wheightand have got my bmi down to 36 bmi my training consisted of rowing and wheights after going to rde exeter i was informed i had to wait approx 11months .i was then told about peninsula treatment centre in plymouth my first appointment took 4hours were they carried a full assesment within 3 weeks after that i am at home with my legs raised and with a new hip and cant believe the experience i had all the staff was first class i cannot praise them enough . i got a phone call on friday5 oct they asked me if i could attend the centre on monday as they had a cancellation. by tues 9oct at 1800 my daughter picked me up to go home. i cant praise the staff enough they all played a part there professionalism was second to none i will never forget my experince every staff was fantastic i would recommend peninsula medical centre

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 10 October 2018

Dear Mr Griffiths,
thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.
Firstly well done for joining a gym and losing so much weight. It is always a difficult thing to do but you have shown real commitment.
You chose to come to Peninsula as there was a long wait for surgery. Fortunately Care UK and the NHS work closely in partnership and we can step in to ensure patients are treated as swiftly as possible.
Your pre-assessment was a one stop appointment but to achieve this it can be long appointment and I thank you for your patience and understanding. So glad you were able to be offered a short notice operation.
You appear to be making an excellent recovery from you hip operation and are doing exceptionally well.
Should you ever need our services again we would be delighted to see you.
all the very best.
the Peninsula Team.

David Weeks gave Orthopaedics at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

An extremely satisfied experience.

I chose to have my hip replacement at Peninsular MC at Plymouth early August 2018. My first appointment was on 23rd August 2018 when all the procedures were carried out in a very professional way. I was informed that the operation would take place in 2 to 3 months. Having previously been told that there was a 9 to 12 months wait at the RD&E, I was "over the moon". I am delighted to say that I had the operation on 22nd October 2018, a wait of just 2 months. All I can say is a big thank you Peninsular for a first class service. Everyone and everything connected with the centre were brilliant.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 29 October 2018

Dear Mr Weeks,
We are so glad that you chose to come to the Peninsula for your hip replacement and that we were able to reduce the wait that you were expecting.
thank you for taking the time to leave feedback of your experience.
We wish you a continued recovery and if you ever need us in the future we would very much like to see you again.
All the very best the staff at Peninsula.

Allen gave Orthopaedics at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Surgical excision of Dupuytrens - Right ring finger

Yipee! I can play the piano again! My most sincere thanks to all the staff that I had dealings with at Peninsula, the operation appears to be a great success. I felt that I was the only person being dealt with every step of the way: consultancy, operation and subsequent aftercare and physiotherapy. I have the same problem on my left hand but as yet not so severe - I'm almost looking forward to being referred in the future. Many thanks.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 10 November 2018

Dear Allen,
thank you for leaving such wonderful feedback.
So pleased that you are able to play the piano again and do something that you really enjoy.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future and wish you well for your continued recovery.
The Peninsula team

carol hellend gave Orthopaedics at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

my best hospital experience ever!

I have just returned home from having a total hip replacement , My heartfelt thanks to you all. What a wonderful place. first of all the theatre staff, as I was having a spinal block I was feeling very nervous but They made me extremely comfortable. I could not believe the fact that I slept peacefully all the way through! never heard or felt a thing. I think that my first words were when I woke up were Wow cant believe it is done! I have to say that I felt amazing. The recovery room nurses were excellent.too.
The ward experience was second to none, the place is spotlessly clean and bright, The food is good and nothing is too much trouble, every staff member that I came in contact with were pleasant and courteous , you really do feel like a VIP! The nursing staff are angels. So much help and advice was given to me , I even got a lovely feet and legs wash, my tension stockings were applied for me as well. What a luxury! Keep up the good work Peninsula we could do with more places like this, Care UK you have certainly got it right. I have nothing put praise for this place and would say to anyone considering choosing peninsula NHS centre, don't hesitate! you wont regret your decision. Last but definitely not least I would like to thank my consultant surgeon for giving me my life and mobility back!! Bless you all!!!

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 23 September 2018

Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre replied on 24 September 2018

Dear Mrs Hellend,
Thank you for the wonderful review. It is an absolute pleasure to look after such lovely patients and to receive a review like this shows that we are getting it right.
I will share your comments with all staff and we wish a continued speedy recovery.
Many thanks
The Peninsula team.

Patrick gave Orthopaedics at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care all round

From the time I attended my pre-op appointment to having total knee replacement surgery, the care and attention to detail were exemplary. At every stage I was kept fully informed as to what was happening and why, with ample opportunity to ask any questions. Without exception all staff were superb from the operation itself, to recovery to the ward (single room) and support services. On discharge I was given a comprehensive pack with a number to ring should I have any concerns once home. The following day I had a follow-up call to see how I was progressing. If I should need any similar treatment in the future, then I will certainly return here. All in all, a very positive experience and I’m delighted I chose Peninsula.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 21 August 2018

Dear Patrick,
Thank you for your kind words.
I too am glad you choose Peninsula for your care and that you left us after a very positive experience.
I hope you knee continues to improve and should you ever need our services again we would be pleased to see you.
Sue Farrell and the Peninsula team.

Trevor Graham gave Orthopaedics at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Total left hip replacement

I cannot thank or praise all the staff enough for their attention and friendliness during my stay. I was made welcome from first contact to when I left. It is a fantastic place to go for treatment.

A very big thank you.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 31 August 2018

Dear Mr Graham,
thank you for your second review. It has been a pleasure.
The Peninsula team

Total Left Hip Replacement

I have had my hip operation done by the surgeon all I can say is a great big thank you for making my life whole again. Admitted on 28-8-18 and home 29-8-18 with no pain at all. I cannot thank the staff from first contact to leaving enough. They cannot do enough for you and all with a big smile. This is a fantastic hospital with fantastic people.
A very big Thank You to all staff.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 01 September 2018

Dear Mr Graham,
Thank you for your feedback. It is always shared with the staff, I am pleased to note that all the staff you met greeted you with a big smile. We must be doing something right.
all the very best for a speedy recovery.
Sue Farrell and the Peninsula team

Dave Mitchell gave Orthopaedics at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Shoulder Replacement Op July 2018

I would like to thank all the staff for their help when undergoing my recent shoulder replacement.I found everyone to be helpful,friendly and above all super efficient both before
and with their post operation care and information..
I would highly recommend anyone requiring any of their surgical procedures to consider
this centre for their treatment.
Again thank you for your excellent care
Dave Mitchell

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 05 August 2018

Dear Mr Mitchell,
Your comments are very much appreciated.
all the very best.
the Peninsula Team.

K Heron gave at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

I selected this hospital for my out patients consultations with regard to removing metal work from my arm, not realising my operation would also be here. All I can say is I’m so glad I did. The standard of care, from the first appointment to the call the day after the operation to check I was doing well, has been outstanding. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 21 June 2018

Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre replied on 30 November 2018

Thank you for leaving such lovely feedback. We have shared your comments with our staff.
all the very best the Peninsula team.

Steve Penhaligon gave at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant

5* rating from me, the staff was brilliant! The service was brilliant. I felt welcome with all the time, even tho I was there a short time. Everything was perfect

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 26 June 2018

Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre replied on 18 October 2018

Thank you for your comments.
It is our aim to always strive to offer the perfect service for all our patients.
Sue Farrell and the Peninsula team.