Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre

01752 506070 20 Brest Road, Derriford , Plymouth, Devon, PL6 5XP

Edward gave Orthopaedics at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent and highly efficient treatment

I had surgery on my foot recently at this treatment centre and I really cannot fault them in any way. I arrived at the requested hour and was in the operating theatre around 30 minutes later. After surgery and recovery, I went home within 3 hours of having arrived.
It couldn't have gone more smoothly and all of the staff were friendly and most professional.
Many thanks to everyone there.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 09 October 2017

Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre replied on 09 October 2017

Dear Edward,
thank you very much for your positive comments which will of course be forwarded on to our staff.
all the very best the Peninsula team.

Leesa reviewed General Surgery at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre

Not so family friendly!

My first impression is not very good as a family member-not a patient.
I have just taken my father for surgery, he is very anxious and has a huge fear of needles and surgery and hospital in general really. A door opened my father was called along with another lady. We (family) were promptly told that we cannot go any further and that was it!!!!
No information at all, I then spoke to receptionist who was able to call the nurse back out so that I could ask what was happening like when will he be having his surgery-I got some basic info and that was it. My father is now sitting there for 3hrs with no support. So my point is I can't really see the 'care' don't understand why he couldn't have a friendly face for support-someone that's that nervous might have questions they don't think to ask they might prefer help with task from a family member to make them feel more at ease and just reassurance having family there but also no reassurance for family members, I went and explained the limited information to the other patients husband who was waiting outside when I left. Not really my job to provide family some reassurance

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 16 October 2017

Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre replied on 16 October 2017

Dear Leesa,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your experience at our centre. All feedback is important to us, it allows us to learn from our mistakes and improve our services moving forward.
I appreciate that it was a difficult time and both you and your father were very anxious. I am sorry the nursing staff did not explain why you were unable to escort your father into the Day Surgery unit. I would just like to explain that this is to allow for the privacy and confidentiality of the other patients and also to ensure we maintain single sex areas within the unit. We do have a procedure to accommodate individual requests but it would appear that this was not offered to you and for this I can only apologise. I will speak to the Day Surgery Manager to ensure this does not happen in the future.
If you would like to discuss your experience with me please contact -01752 506070 and ask for Sue Farrell, Head of Nursing I would be very happy to take your call.
Once again please accept my sincere apologies, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.
I hope your father is well and is making a good recovery.
Sue Farrell and the Peninsula team.

Mrs J Pettit gave Orthopaedics at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Recent partial knee replacement ooeration

A very well run and organised facility. After feeling nervous on the operation day until departure four days later, everyone I came into contact with made me feel better. All of the staff at the Peninsular treatment centre deserve praise, very caring and understanding of your pain, they only want the best for you and all of them seem to take pride in where they work. The cleanliness was second to none. The food choices and quality very good.
My only recommendation would be to employ an extra health care assistant on busy nights to facilitate helping patients in and out of bed after their operations

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 12 July 2017

Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre replied on 13 July 2017

Dear Mrs Pettit
Thank you very much for leaving such positive feedback. We are very glad that we made the operation that little bit easier for you and generally helped you to feel better. We appreciate your comments about the standard of cleanliness and this will be passed on to our excellent housekeeping team.
We do understand your comments about the night shift HCA and have reviewed the duty rota during your time with us. Unfortunately we had a number of short notice sickness episodes and did manage to cover a twilight shift with a HCA but they were unable to work the full night. We do appreciate that you were with us at a particularly busy time and would hope that this did not impact on your recovery. Please do not hesitate to contact Sue our Head of Nursing on 01752 506027 if you would like to discuss the matter further.
We hope you continue to make a speedy recovery and look forward to welcoming you back at your review appointment.
All the very best the Peninsula team.

Heather Hutchinson gave Orthopaedics at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Total Knee Replacement

From the moment I arrived at Peninsular Hospital for my initial consultation on May 2nd 2017 I was treated with respect and consideration and although I was a nervous and fearful patient I had absolutely no reason to be. I was involved in all decision making during every process from anaesthetics to post operative pain relief and listened to and acted on professional advice to receive the best possible outcome from my total knee replacement. My operation took place on June 1st and I left hospital three days later. The care and professionalism I received from all the staff including consultants, nurses, physiotherapists along with tea people and cleaning staff was always sensitive, helpful and second to none. As a very satisfied "customer" I cannot rate Peninsular Hospital highly enough and send my best wishes and grateful thanks to all in your very special team.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 15 September 2017

Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre replied on 09 October 2017

Dear Heather,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Peninsula Treatment Centre. Reading through it would appear that we have one very satisfied customer. It is always lovely to received such feedback and share it with the team. We work hard to try and get things right and it is nice for us all to be reminded that we are doing the best we can for all of our patients.
We wish you a continued good recovery.
All the very best the Peninsula Team.

MJ gave Orthopaedics at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Hip replacement

The outstanding rating of the Peninsula NHS Treatment centre is well deserved. From start to finish, the efficiency, professionalism and kindness of all staff was exemplary. I was seen promptly and my operation was done 4 weeks after the initial appointment. Everything was clearly explained and I felt that any concerns were dealt with quickly. The ward staff were lovely; nothing was too much trouble and everyone, from the cleaner, kitchen staff, nurses and physios were so friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend the Peninsula to everyone. Thank you.
Mary Jane Traber

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017

Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre replied on 11 July 2017

Dear Mrs Traber,
Thank you very much for your kind words. We hope you continue to make a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing you at your six week review.
All the very best the Peninsula team

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

A quick inspection

I needed to have a colonoscopy and despite the worrying side of things. I chose the Peninsula as I had used their services before. It was a very fast service from booking through consultation and then the procedure. Faultless professional service from start to finish. Would I use again. Yes.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 11 July 2017

Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre replied on 11 July 2017

Dear Ian,
We are very pleased that you chose Peninsula for your colonoscopy. This is a relatively new service here and we have worked very hard to ensure we have the latest technology in endoscopy to make the experience and quick and painless as possible. We are very glad that we reached your expectations and you would use us again if needed.
Thank you for taking the time to review the service.
all the very best the Peninsula team.

Sean gave Orthopaedics at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Knee Replacement Surgery

The experience I have had at the Peninsula Treatment Center, from start to finish. First seen there a few years ago, I have had two Arthroscopies to extend the life of my worn out knee. I returned to the hospital in late Feb 2017, and was immediately impressed by the hospital administrators efforts to have my case seen by the same consultant. I was sent for an MRI, had a number of Xray images taken, and was then placed on the surgery waiting list, which I was told would be around 12 weeks. In fact, I was called forward after only 3 to fill a vacant appointment. My consultant exudes an air of confidence, and is a consummate professional. I have every confidence in their skills and ability, and they have a good bedside manner to boot.

Arrival at the hospital on the day of Surgery was efficient, as always, and I was seen to a room to start the preparations. The room and all areas I had been in to this point were entirely clean, free from clutter, and the staff were calm, cheerful and knowledgeable. Form filling and explanations complete, I met the anaesthetist who explained the type of anaesthesia using a spinal block and sedation. Then I waited for a couple of hours, before being collected by the scrub nurse, and taken to theatre. At all times I was kept informed of what was happening.

Following surgery, I was taken to Recovery, and then to the ward. The ward staff were second to none, and made the stay in hospital as comfortable as it could be. All staff were imbued with a great sense of humour, and seemed to really enjoy their work, rather than it being just a job. They would go out of their way to deal with every request, query or issue, and I felt that they were treating me as a person and not just a number on a conveyor, which is how many hospitals feel to me. Despite only being on the ward for 2 days, all the staff knew my name, knew my medication regime, and would take time to explain any changes. All patients are treated with the same dignity and respect, and more importantly (to me), with courtesy.

Thank you all for your hard work in making my stay as pleasant as it could be, under the circumstances.

I would recommend this hospital without reservation.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 05 April 2017

Dear Sean,
What wonderful feedback, thank you very much. all feedback is important to us and we take pride in sharing it with the team. It is really encouraging to note that you have come to the Peninsula a number of times and have had a positive experience each time. It reinforces to us that we are getting it right.
We look forward to seeing you at your 6 week review and hope you continue to make steady progress.
All the very best the Peninsula team.

Les Lockhart gave Orthopaedics at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Hip Replacement a positive experience

It is hard to put into words how positive my short stay (two nights) was at Peninsula. Everything was excellent but what made it was the professional caring staff. Everyone went the extra mile to make what was a stressful worrying time for me personally, as good as it could have been.

A big thank you to everyone at Peninsula

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 13 April 2017

Dear Les,
Thank you for your kind feedback. We are all pleased that we reached your expectations and that you the care was positive.
We hope you continue to make a good recovery from you Hip replacement surgery and look forward to seeing you for you follow up appointment.

Raa gave Orthopaedics at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Replacement hip surgery 3 days ago

After gp referral I was seen by surgeon by 3 weeks at "one stop appointment" - X-ray, ecg, physio, bloods, urine test, nurse, aneathetist, and consultant. Admitted 7 weeks later for total left hip replacement. Everything was explained, even the nasty bits to expect!, had plenty of opportunity to ask questions. All staff introduced themselves, tidy appearance, friendly, happy, had empathy, competent, promptly attended call bell at all times, made sure patients were clean and comfortable with other needs attended to. The staff seemed to get on really well and worked as a complete team. Food was good, well presented, with choices explained and although I did not feel like eating much for 36 hours I was offered alternatives. Ward manager visited and I had 2 short sessions with the Physio. After 2 1/2 days I was allowed home with plenty of medications and leaflets of advice, compression stockings and small bits of equipment. The overall impression was one of complete organised care. I would not hesitate to recommend them or return myself if the need arose.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 21 April 2017

Dear Raa,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback.
We pride ourselves in being able to do as much as we can at you outpatient appointment and endeavour to get the balance right, sometimes coming to the hospital for up to three hours can be a daunting experience but we feel it is more beneficial to try and achieve as much as possible during this appointment to save you having to come back for repeated appointments.
I am pleased that we managed to bring your operation forward and you have only waited 10 weeks from referral to discharge. Most of this is down to your hard work, positive attitude and commitment. We have a part to play but as a team, you and the staff can get it right.
We always share feedback received so that we can continue to get things right.
We hope you continue to make steady progress and look forward to seeing you again.
thank you once again the Peninsula team.

David gave Orthopaedics at Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Total Knee Replacement

I cannot praise strongly enough the outstanding treatment that I received during my second visit to the Peninsula. My original visit was in November 2016 for a total knee replacement, then followed with the second knee in April this year. The whole process on both occasions was completed to time and within NHS guidelines which is more than can be said for other locations. I would not hesitate recommending the Peninsula to anyone and is indeed based on several friends recommendations that helped me to decide to opt for them for my operations.

The whole process was excellent in all aspects and I struggle to find any fault, or which superlative to use when describing their service. Well done to all the team and long may you continue to prosper as it is clear that they do have an excellent organisation where everyone within the team is important.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 11 May 2017

Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre replied on 16 June 2017

Dear David,
thank your very much for taking the time and leaving such positive feedback. We are so pleased that you thought the care you received was Outstanding. We pride ourselves in treating all our patients as if they were our family and we strive to get it right. We will continue to provide excellence in healthcare to all our patients and hopefully we will have people like you that we have managed to help a little bit along the way. The hard work is done by you as our patient but we were glad to be of assistance.
Good luck with your continued recovery.
all the very best.