Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre

01749 333600 Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre, Old Wells Road , Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 4LP

Dennirm reviewed Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre

Cancelled apointment

I've waited for months in pain with an ankle injury. I've taken time off work to attend an appointment at the Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre. 24 hours before my appointment I was called and told the appointment was cancelled as my consultant had to attend a meeting. I struggle with time off and cannot afford to take more time off I am in pain disappointed and angry with the service I have received.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 05 November 2018 using Care Opinion

Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre has not yet replied.

PnJ gave Orthopaedics at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Best NHS Treatment in the West

We went there for a problem after a problematical hip replacement in Exeter 2 years ago, we met our consultant, 'a breath of fresh air" he listened he advised, he sought our consent.

The diagnostic injection on the bursar went so smoothly "we were out of there before we arrived" every member of staff, even those just passing, were frienly and courteous.

If you must have medical help it is nearly a "pleasure " to get it in SM NHS TC.

Thanks all of you for making our treatment so easy and " mentally painless"

Like the twirly moustache!

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 22 November 2018

Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre has not yet replied.

Andrew facey gave Orthopaedics at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Knee surgery

What a fantastic place . I thought the time slot system you have is a fantastic idea in and out in no time , no waiting around “ brill “ . All off the team I saw were excellent bless you all 5* place thank you Shepton Mallet

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 24 October 2018

Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre has not yet replied.

John Harper gave Orthopaedics at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Review of organisation and service

We have nothing but praise for all aspects the organisation and treatment in this hospital. It is an exemplar of how things should be done.
Brfilliant

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 19 September 2018

Dear Mr Harper

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your experience at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre.

We aim to provide high quality patient focused care and recognise the importance of ensuring our patients are suitably informed and involved in their treatment plan, so it was lovely to hear that we have succeeded in that aim and that you are satisfied with the service we have provided.

We hope you are making a good recovery and have achieved the outcome you were hoping for.

Trudy.Craig@careuk.com

Geoffrey stoodley gave General Surgery at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Total hip replacement

I would like to start by saying I would not normally do I review like this but having been to the doctor who referred me to a consultant at south Petherton who said he could get me in to have a hip replacement in 4 weeks I was so surprised having not long to think about it I went to Shepton Mallet to be met by the most caring team from the first day of op to the next coming home even 1 of the nurses phoning me at home to check I was ok this has been an experience I will never forget thank you all

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 19 September 2018

Dear Mr Stoodley

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent experience at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre.

We aim to provide a high quality, individualised and patient focused service ensuring every patient is treated with the care and respect they deserve. We believe that clear and careful communication is the key to establishing good rapport and recognise that this contributes to the provision of a smooth and seamless process as well as enabling the patient to make informed choices about their treatment. It was lovely to hear that you were satisfied with the care and attention you received.

We are usually able to offer appointments and surgery promptly as we are a dedicated surgical unit and do not have the same constraints as units who take emergency cases and your experience of a 4 week wait for surgery is quite usual for us. We hope you have the outcome you were hoping for and that your recovery is progressing well.

Trudy.Craig@careuk.com

Richard gave Orthopaedics at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Replacement knee surgery

My stay at the hospital lasted 3 days and 2 nights and from the moment I arrived I was given close personal attention by very caring staff. From the initial reception through the operation and after care attention I cannot fault the facility. The nurses seemed to be aware of my every need and were kind caring and very considerate. In the-post operation ward I was looked after and made very comfortable. The food on the ward was very good and even the catering staff treated you with no less dignity and attention. The physio staff were always available and very clear in their instructions and advice. The cleanliness at the hospital was excellent, and even the cleaners were caring and considerate.
With regard to the procedure, I was made aware of the condition of my knee and what was required to correct it, and kept informed of what was happening every step of the way. I thought the consultants and surgeons were very professional but more than happy to answer any query or concern I had.
The time of my original consultation to the actual procedure was less than 2 months which is vastly different to the time scales given in the media.
As a local treatment centre I think Shepton is excellent and would recommend it to anyone who needed the services it coul provide.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 27 September 2018

Dear Richard

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent visit with us.

At Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment centre we aim to provide a high quality, efficient and professional patient focused service and it was lovely to hear we have achieved that aim. We strive to maintain an open and friendly approach in our relationships with both patients and peers and recognise that this helps to allay fears and improve communication so making the treatment plan easier to understand and negotiate.

As a centre set up to provide elective care, and not constrained by the bed management issues of units who also provide emergency services, we are usually able to offer appointments and surgery promptly and therefore our wait times remain quite short. Thank you for recommending us and we hope your recovery is progressing well.

Trudy.Craig@careuk.com

Bob Doyle gave General Surgery at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful experience

My first time ever in 67 year to go into hospital and after hearing all the negative reports in the press about the NHS, I was a bit nervous but there was no need. From my first visit for a assessment through to the operation, the experience was brillant everything was explained in detail, the staff were very attentive to my needs, the nurses that looked after my pre op and post op was fantastic and then phone call a couple of days later to check if everything was ok.
Thank you Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre 🙂

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 30 September 2018

Dear Mr Doyle

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre.

We are glad that your first experience in a hospital has been a positive one and that you have been satisfied with the care and attention we have provided. We hope you are making good progress with your recovery.

besthospitalever reviewed Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre

The best hospital I've ever visited

This is the best hospital I have ever visited.
I went in for a hip replacement. Initially, they couldn't do the operation because I was anaemic. They gave me the stuff in my veins and I felt better, so I could get the operation done.
I had the operation, and everything went well. Am I now back to driving around. My son helped when I came out of hospital, but it is nice to have my freedom back.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 17 October 2018 using Care Opinion

snowtq76 reviewed Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre

My hip replacement surgery at Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre

I recently had a full hip replacement at Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre. I just wanted to say how brilliant all the staff were throughout my brief stay there. I was highly impressed by the professionalism, friendliness and genuine commitment of everyone I came into contact with: the surgeon; the anaesthetist; the nurses; the physiotherapists and all the catering and support staff. Without exception, they were always reassuring, informative, accessible and respectful. Nothing was ever too much trouble for them and they made the experience (for a very nervous patient!) of undergoing surgery for the first time about as pleasant as it could possibly be. Based on my experience there, I regard Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre as an exemplar of all that is great about the NHS and I cannot recommend it highly enough to anyone considering where to have their treatment carried out. Thank you very much.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 04 August 2018 using Care Opinion

Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre has not yet replied.

Jane Follis gave Ophthalmology at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Cataract Operation

I cannot put into words how terrified I was about this procedure. From the outset the staff at the hospital have been faultless. Because of my terror I initially asked if I could be anaesthetised. Every member of staff I saw at my first visit gently persuaded me this would not be a good idea and gave reasons why. When I left I agreed I would be brave.

I then spent a couple of months in a very anxious state waiting for the operation. On the day I quite frankly wished I was someone else, or could develop an eye infection, have an accident, break a leg - anything to avoid having to go through with it. I turned to meditation and sat quietly waiting my turn.

I eventually expressed my fears to the nurse that came to collect me to go to theatre. She promised to hold my hand during the procedure. Everyone was completely charming and I think I might have even managed the odd smile. I hope the nurses' hand has recovered from my rather intense grip that day. Many thanks for your support. Similarly another member of staff who was equally as comforting for my second op.

To anyone who has yet to have this done I can promise it is a very simple procedure with no pain and nowhere near as bad as your imagination may think. My second op (two days ago) has also gone well and the clarity and definition I have now is magic.

A huge thankyou to the hospital. The kindness, professionalism and cleanliness is faultless and I would positively encourage people to use this service.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 30 August 2018

Dear Mrs Follis

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent treatment with us.

At Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment centre we aim to provide a high quality, individualised patient focused service ensuring every patient is treated with the care and respect they deserve (and which we would all want for ourselves) and it was lovely to hear that you have been satisfied with our efforts. We understand that admission to hospital can be both a frightening and daunting prospect and believe that clear and careful communication is the key to establishing good rapport to allay those fears, which in turn helps to improve the experience.

We hope that this experience has reassured you should you require any further hospital admissions and that you now have the sight back that you were hoping for.

Thank you also for recommending us to others.