Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre

01749 333600 Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre, Old Wells Road , Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 4LP

snowtq76 reviewed Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre

My hip replacement surgery at Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre

I recently had a full hip replacement at Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre. I just wanted to say how brilliant all the staff were throughout my brief stay there. I was highly impressed by the professionalism, friendliness and genuine commitment of everyone I came into contact with: the surgeon; the anaesthetist; the nurses; the physiotherapists and all the catering and support staff. Without exception, they were always reassuring, informative, accessible and respectful. Nothing was ever too much trouble for them and they made the experience (for a very nervous patient!) of undergoing surgery for the first time about as pleasant as it could possibly be. Based on my experience there, I regard Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre as an exemplar of all that is great about the NHS and I cannot recommend it highly enough to anyone considering where to have their treatment carried out. Thank you very much.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 04 August 2018 using Care Opinion

Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre has not yet replied.

Gill Watson gave Orthopaedics at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

You could not improve this excellent hospital.

On July 9th, I underwent a complex procedure. An anterior transposition of my ulna nerve. The consultant explained in great detail what it would involve and how long it would take to recover. He explained what I would need to do afterwards to maximise the chances of a good outcome.
When I went in to have the operation, the whole staff were delightful. Literally everyone I met was friendly,reassuring and helpful. The anaesthesiologist and the surgeon both spoke to me also.
When I came round from the general anaesthetic, staff were there to check I was fine, giving me a cup of tea and water to drink, checking on everything, again in a very friendly reassuring manner. The consultant spoke to me to assure me that the operation had gone well, and after a while I was allowed to go home.
Having recently had a hemi thoracotomy at Musgrove, where the staff were not at all friendly and where once I came around, I had to wait for five hours for a drink, it was such a refreshing change to be treated so well here.
I was not altogether surprised by my treatment at Shepton though as both my Mum and I have been treated here before and were both very well looked after.
Since the operation in July, I had follow ups with a nurse who dressed my wound and today I saw the consultant (after just over four weeks) to check on how well I am doing. It was good to see him, as I had a multitude of questions to ask him, and which he happily answered. Apparently he will see me in another four weeks to check on my progress.
Several of my friend have received treatment here, and without exception all of them have been delighted by their treatment, ranging from knee operations to hip replacements..
You really could not have a better hospital than this with more delightful staff. They are happy, efficient and patient centric. What more could you ask? Better than any private hospital and most other public hospitals. Thank you so much, Shepton.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 15 August 2018

Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre has not yet replied.

David Gatliffe gave General Surgery at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Review of my experience of Dupuytrens procedure

I found the whole experience to be a fantastic advert for the NHS and Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre in particular. The staff worked seamlessly together, with enormous respect both for me as a patient and for each other as colleagues.
I cannot resist saying how much the procedure promises to improve my motor efficiency as a retired but active 73 year old, involved in a number of voluntary capacities. I am distressed at the thought of the procedure being made less readily available under the latest government proposals and the possible disbanding of such an excellent team.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 03 July 2018

Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre replied on 03 July 2018

Dear Mr Gatliffe

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent visit with us.

At Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment centre we aim to provide a high quality, efficient and professional patient focused service and it was lovely to hear we have achieved that aim. We strive to maintain an open and friendly approach in our relationships with both patients and peers and recognise that this helps to allay fears and improve communication so making the treatment plan easier to understand and negotiate.

We hope you are making a good recovery and have achieved the outcome you were hoping for.

Trudy.Craig@careuk.com

Tina O’connor gave General Surgery at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

My stay at Shepton Mallet treatment centre

From start to finish at Shepton treatment centre the quality of care was outstanding. From the reception staff right through to the nurses, surgeons and all theatre staff the Physio and catering. Everyone is so friendly and helpful .
I was very nervous but they are amazing and totally put me at ease. Thank you to the whole team. I would recommend this hospital to anyone. Thank you all

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 14 July 2018

Dear Mrs O'Connor

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent treatment at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre.

We aim to provide a high quality, individualised patient focused service ensuring every patient is treated with the care and respect they deserve and believe that clear and careful communication is the key to establishing good rapport. This in turn ensures the patient can make informed choices about their treatment plan and be reassured about any worries their forthcoming treatment may pose. It was lovely to hear that you have been satisfied with our efforts and would recommend us to others.

We hope you have made a good recovery and have achieved the outcome you were hoping for.

Trudy.Craig@careuk.com

Mike England gave Ophthalmology at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

I can see clearly now!

I have recently had treatment for cataracts at the Shepton Mallet treatment centre and cannot praise the hospital and staff more highly than five stars in all departments. From the
moment you enter you are treated with dignity and respect and the actual treatment was beyond my expectations. Just ten minutes and the first eye was done. Then on the waiting list for the right eye. Was able to accept a cancellation and bingo, second eye done. A couple of weeks for the check and given the all clear to drive again. I can honestly say that I felt no discomfort, or pain during the procedures, nor indeed after. And my eyesight, wonderful!

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 17 July 2018

Dear Mr England

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent treatment with us.

At Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment centre we aim to provide a high quality, individualised patient focused service ensuring every patient is treated with the care and respect they deserve (and which we would all want for ourselves) and it was lovely to hear that you have been satisfied with our efforts. We understand that admission to hospital can be both a frightening and daunting prospect and believe that clear and careful communication is the key to establishing good rapport to allay those fears, which in turn helps to improve the experience.

We hope you have made a good recovery from your procedures and that you have the outcome you were hoping for.

Trudy.Craig@careuk.com

Tracy HEARNE gave General Surgery at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Trapeze

Very pleased with my visit to shepton hospital would highly recommend to all family and friends can't fault the care that I was given you are all amazing thankyou for everything

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 19 July 2018

Dear Mrs Hearne

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on your recent treatment with us.

At Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre, we aim to provide high quality patient focused care so it was lovely to hear that we have succeeded in that aim.

We hope you have made a good recovery and that you have achieved the outcome you were hoping for.

Trudy.Craig@careuk.com

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent clinic.

Well what a great experience at this lovely clinic, unreal from our first visit to see if I could have a new hip replacement,so friendly in all departments etc, cleanliness very good, a lovely cafe to relax in, we traveled from Berkshire to Shepton it was so worth it, my husband stayed at a lovely B/B. For few days. ( good rest for him) besides being away from family plus friends it was worth it, the staff are so surportive also smiling, which we noticed a lot, they have a very hard job to do , they are angels in disguise, the Surgeon was lovely very informative, I recommend this clinic to all who need it, worth the journey.Thank You again everyone even the Receptionist.Thank You,Keep smiling. Ahh my new hip is amazing,

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 24 July 2018

Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre replied on 03 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experience at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre(SMTC) and for such a glowing recommendation.

We are very happy that you were satisfied with the service and professionalism of all the staff you encountered. At SMTC we believe that each and every patient should be treated in the manner we would wish for ourselves, so it was lovely to hear that we are achieving that aim.

We hope you are making a good recovery from your procedure and that you have achieved the outcome you were hoping for.

Trudy.Craig@careuk.com

Gerald Fry gave General Surgery at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Carpal Tunnel Operation

Surgeon and all the staff were helpful, attentive and efficient, keeping me informed at every stage, making me feel at ease.

We are very lucky having such an excellent facility so close to home.

Thank you.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 27 July 2018

Dear Mr Fry

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment regarding the treatment you have received with us.

At Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre, we aim to provide high quality patient focused care and recognise the importance of ensuring our patients are suitably informed and involved in their treatment plan, so it was lovely to hear that we have succeeded in that aim.

Trudy.Craig@careuk.com

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Inguinal Hernia Repair

My experience throughout the successful process to repair my inguinal hernia at Shepton Mallet was excellent.
My consultant surgeon and all his associated team of anaesthetist and nurses all performed to the highest of professional standards.
I would recommend this hospital to anyone requiring inguinal hernia repair.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 08 August 2018

Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre has not yet replied.

Kent gave Ophthalmology at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Cataract surgery

My uncle had cataract surgery recently and throughout the whole experience he was cared for with dignity and consideration. The pre op information was clear and easy to follow then on the day, without exception, every member of staff was polite and kind to us both.

Post op information was explained clearly which meant we left feeling confident about the next stage in his recovery.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 03 June 2018

Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre replied on 05 June 2018

Dear Kent

We aim to provide a high quality, individualised patient focused service ensuring every patient is treated with the care and respect they deserve (and which we would all want for ourselves) and it was lovely to hear that you have been satisfied with our efforts. We believe that clear and careful communication is the key to establishing good rapport and that this in turn ensures the patient can make informed choices about their treatment plan and be reassured about any worries their forthcoming treatment may pose. I will ensure the team are made aware of your comments.