St Peter's Hospital

1. Review titled Great rehabilitation program

by Jim - Posted on 22 February 2020

All staff had a terrific presence. They looked after me and all others with care. The exercises were achievable and were gradually increased with my consent.

Visited Cardiology on February 2020

2. Review titled Good management of norovirus outbreak

by Richard Hay - Posted on 21 February 2020

St Peter’s suffered from an attack of norovirus which became quite widespread. By firm leadership and action the infection was quite quickly contained. Excellent efforts were made to explain the situation to visitors whose access was restricted. The commitment of staff seemed to be very real to work together to overcome the attack.

Visited Don't know on February 2020

3. Review titled Heart Rehab

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 February 2020

Professional from first contact to completion of the rehab exercise course. Able to ask for any keep fit advice and get good responses.

Visited Cardiology on February 2020

4. Review titled Caring and professional A&E

by Patricia Green - Posted on 17 February 2020

After my day of treatment when delivered by ambulance with various ailments resulting in my inability to self medicate after chest infection complications post knee replacement operation 6 weeks ago, I can only heap praises and thanks on the Doctor and Nurses who treated me with reassurance and efficiency. Despite being exceptionally busy and coping with 'incidents' in the waiting room whilst dealing with patients, they were unfailingly professional. I speak from experience in, not only 3rd world countries but also other hospitals overseas. Bad press unfortunately sticks, but despite cutbacks, shortage of staff, people like myself continue to be treated with dignity and professionalism. We had a laugh too ! Thank you most sincerely ...I am on the road to recovery at long last. You can only be proud. Bless.

Visited Accident and emergency services on February 2020

5. Review titled Hysteroscopy

by Lucie - Posted on 17 January 2020

I was very, very anxious to have this procedure but the ladies that looked after me were completely wonderful. My gynaecologist and nurses were just exemplary, a beautiful combination of professionalism and empathy. I couldn’t fault them in any way ..what a wonderful team and special women ..thank you so much for making a very uncomfortable experience okay, I left smiling

Visited Gynaecology on January 2020

Replied on 23 January 2020

You are absolutely right – we have amazing people working for us at Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals! Thank you for your kind words – we will make sure that these are passed on to the teams involved in your care. We wish you well with your continued recovery - keep smiling!

6. Review titled Very Informative consult

by Anonymous - Posted on 04 January 2020

I visited A&E with a possible heart problem. It was inevitable that I had a long wait, but all the staff I interacted with were very friendly and efficient. The doctor I consulted with was exceptionally helpful, took his time and explained everything very well.

Visited Accident and emergency services on December 2019

Replied on 09 January 2020

We have noted your kind comments and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hope you are feeling better now.

7. Review titled Cannot fault the attention I received

by kittikat - Posted on 20 January 2020

After my stay in the Intensive Care Unit, I was transferred to Falcon Ward in Abbey Wing where I spent three days before being discharged beginning of December. I am writing to say a huge thank you to all the staff at St Peter’s Hospital for the attention and kindness I have received in all areas. From my Surgeon, the Anaesthetists, and all the nursing staff who, although very short-staffed (rushed off their feet), never gave anything but 100% attention to looking after myself and the other patients. I cannot fault the attention I have received (even down to the cleaning staff). If there is any way of saying thank you to all the people involved in my care would you please somehow convey my very grateful thanks to them. My only regret is that I could not do justice to any of the fantastic meals served up three times a day and all the different choices on the weekly menu. Missed the syrup sponge as one of the puddings on Friday evening as I was discharged on Friday afternoon!! Thank you so very much.

Visited December 2019

Provided by Care opinion

Replied on 23 January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are really pleased to ready your positive comments about the care you received and the kindness of all our staff. As we say, 'It takes a team'! We will pass on your comments to the theatres, ward, facilities and catering teams and wish you well for the future.

8. Review titled Great Care - cheerful staff!

by Karen Maynard - Posted on 05 December 2019

I started in A&E, but next morning was transferred to Aspen Ward having returned from India with a mystery infection. I can truly say that all of the staff I encountered were kind, dedicated and cheerful which really lifted my spirits. I am full of admiration for NHS staff and they deserve all the credit they can get. Something I think could be improved is the waiting/seating in A&E. You spend hours waiting on very poor seating with not enough seating for everyone. When you come in feeling so rotten that makes you feel even worse. Also, it seems the internal communication system could be improved. You end up seeing so many professionals, including nurses and doctors and whatever information you have already given, tests you have had, does not necessarily seem to be shared. However, not wishing to be unfair, this is just a personal impression! I think we are so lucky to have the NHS, and when you get to experience it first-hand it makes you appreciate it even more! Many thanks!

Visited General Medicine on November 2019

Replied on 09 January 2020

We have noted your kind comments and would like to thank you for taking the time to share this positive experience.

9. Review titled Brilliant Service

by Andy Mackie - Posted on 04 November 2019

Attaneded for nerve transmission testing to confirm Carpal Tunnel syndrome. Clean and bright clinic reception, friendly greeting, seen early with hardly any wait. Welcoming physiologist, who made me feel completely at ease.. Explained what he was going to do, kept talking me through it, and printed off his report there and then so I could take a copy home with me. First class service!

Visited Neurophysiology services on November 2019

Replied on 09 January 2020

We have noted your kind comments and are pleased to read about your experience. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us.

10. Review titled A good experience

by Anonymous - Posted on 22 November 2019

I had cause to visit the UTC recently with a damaged thumb. The treatment I received was both timely and effective with meticulous attention to getting the thumb restored. In addition to the procedure carried out I was given reassurance throughout about what was being done and any further work that needed to be carried out. I would like to use this review to say thank you to the team who looked after me.

Visited Urgent Treatment Centre on November 2019

Replied on 09 January 2020

Thank you for sharing this positive experience. The UTC is run and managed by Greenbrook Healthcare. Please contact the service manager at stpeters.utc@nhs.net