The Royal Marsden Hospital (Surrey)

020 8642 6011 Downs Road , Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5PT

Anthea parnell gave Cancer Services at The Royal Marsden Hospital (Surrey) a rating of 5 stars

The volunteer cafe on ground floor should sell healthy food.

Re hospital friends cafe. I know the prices are very cheap but people with cancer need healthy food. Could you update the cafe please. The toasted tea cakes are sold untoasted. They are pre spread with margarine. They are dry & unappetising. Please sell decent tea cakes & separate butter & offer to toast them. Also selling the tea from a tea pot is outdated. It means the tea is stewed & strong. Sell it with separate tea bags. I appreciate the cafe is run by volunteers but it needs an overhaul.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 16 November 2017

The Royal Marsden Hospital (Surrey) has not yet replied.

Barbara Earl gave Cancer Services at The Royal Marsden Hospital (Surrey) a rating of 5 stars

Excellent MRI experience at Sutton

A recent MRI at Sutton could not have been handled better. The team of three professionals were caring, engaged and as expected, utterly competent. I felt that I was treated as an individual all the way through the time that I was there.

This scan was right at the end of the day at 6.30pm but the service rendered was everything that one would wish. The personal focus makes all the difference.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 14 October 2017

The Royal Marsden Hospital (Surrey) has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Breast cancer services at The Royal Marsden Hospital (Surrey) a rating of 5 stars

Minor Surgery

I had minor surgery at the unit recently on Smithers Ward; the staff and students were delightful,and thorough despite the myriad tasks they had to undertake.
I was particularly nervous and was reassured by the lovely Anaesthetist and when I woke up in recovery I could not have asked for a more supportive and kind nurse.
Thank you to all of you including my surgeon and the students. I haven't seen the post operative breast yet but I believe I was in the best hands.
We have an incredible NHS system and I feel fortunate to be treated at the Marsden Sutton.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 22 October 2017

The Royal Marsden Hospital (Surrey) has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Haematology at The Royal Marsden Hospital (Surrey) a rating of 1 stars

Reputation fell well short of expectations

From beginning to end communications fell at every level. The doctors involved cannot be faulted, nor some of the nursing care. The catering staff are excellent.However, for a hospital of this repute some of the nursing care fell well short of expectations. Coordinations are the most to blame. Absolutely no support for family at any level, particularly in the stem cell department. Receptionist in outpatients in Bud Flanagan lack complete and total empathy. A vote of no confidence

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 15 September 2017

The Royal Marsden Hospital (Surrey) has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Skin cancer services at The Royal Marsden Hospital (Surrey) a rating of 5 stars

Radiotherapy pre treatment

The whole team were marvellous. Had a mould made and was kept informed the whole time. They even let my wife watch the whole process which made me feel really comfortable.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 05 August 2017

The Royal Marsden Hospital (Surrey) has not yet replied.

Peter Chamberlain gave Prostate cancer services at The Royal Marsden Hospital (Surrey) a rating of 5 stars

A worrying prospect but a good experience in practice.

I can't speak too highly of this hospital and its staff.
The prospect of 33 days of radiotherapy was not a happy one, but the attitude of all of the staff with whom I came into contact made the reality very much more bearable than might otherwise have been the case.
Particularly reassuring has been the Clinical Nurse Specialist service which has provided the opportunity for discussing any concerns throughout the period of treatment and, indeed, after its conclusion - at which point I have encountered a continuing willingness to address any ongoing worries. My wife and I have been really impressed!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 21 August 2017

The Royal Marsden Hospital (Surrey) has not yet replied.

Alan Danks gave Urology at The Royal Marsden Hospital (Surrey) a rating of 5 stars

excellent, caring and informative staff

Radiotherapy staff from reception through to the therapists are extraordinarily friendly, helpful and genuine. Just finishing a 37 session course of radiotherapy which is daunting is made so much more acceptable because of the attitude of the staff towards their patients.
A big thank you to everyone in the department

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 01 July 2017

The Royal Marsden Hospital (Surrey) has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Lymphoma services at The Royal Marsden Hospital (Surrey) a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful staff wherever you are in the hospital

The care is second to none
Everyone we have come across has been just amazing and we have been made to feel very at ease and cared for. No question is a stupid question - a wonderful hospital that I would recommend to anyone dealing with cancer
Thank you to everyone at the Royal Marsden in Sutton

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 14 May 2017

The Royal Marsden Hospital (Surrey) has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Oncology - Medical at The Royal Marsden Hospital (Surrey) a rating of 5 stars

Royal Marsden Wonderful care

I have attended the Royal Marsden in Sutton for just over a year now, and attend three monthly for follow up scans and to see the Oncologist.
I feel truly blessed and privelaged to be able to attend this hospital.The staff and treatment are of an exceptionally high standard, with all staff from the receptionist to the radiographer, nurses and doctors all displaying a wonderful caring approach.
Thankyou to all of you for doing such a great job!!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

The Royal Marsden Hospital (Surrey) has not yet replied.

Anonymous reviewed The Royal Marsden Hospital (Surrey)

Motorcycle Parking non existant

Why is there no motorcycle parking at Royal Marsden Sutton?
I saw a area marked MC in faded white paint with room for about 2 bikes but these are insufficient for me to arrive by motorcycle and be fairly sure of a free parking place.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 02 April 2017