Royal Bolton Hospital

01204 390390 Minerva Road, Farnworth , Bolton, Lancashire, BL4 0JR

354 total | 92 found in Ophthalmology Show all reviews

Alan gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Went to Waters Meeting clinic today and have to say I was very impressed. Seen on time, no excessive waiting between tests and and everything explained fully at each stage. Staff all very pleasant and nice clean surroundings with plenty of chairs in waiting area.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 02 August 2018

Waters Meeting opthamology

First visit to the opthamology service at Waters Meeting today. Brilliant! A much more efficient service, whereby all the tests are administered by nurses, the results sent to doctors at the hospital and then only called back to see the doctor if necessary. All tests done in under 1.5 hours, whereas sometimes the same visit to the hospital can take 3 hours! Friendly staff, and a clean environment. I have to say the waiting room was so lovely & relaxed, very quiet, with air con to keep it cool. I LOVED the fact that there was no radio/tv, just peace & quiet. Please don't ever change this! I, for one, find a tv blasting out to be such an annoyance, so I was happy!

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 09 August 2018

Jacquie gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional treatment and very caring staff

H2 Ward. - From the moment I walked in to the Eye hospital I was treated with respect courtesy, the staff were very helpful and friendly. My appointment time was 13:30, I arrived at 13:15; I was seen straight away and all the procedures were explained thoroughly. The doctor I saw described my problem in great detail. Dr reassured me and made me feel at ease.
I was referred to Bolton Eye Hospital by my optician on Monday and an appointment made for today two days later. Thumbs up to our NHS service and all our doctors and nurses.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 15 August 2018

PoppaG78 gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Satisfaction Guaranted

Just returned home from an appointment with the doctor - not only was his and the nurses, approach professional, caring, and compassionate but he went out of his way to put us at ease with his explanations of conditions and options

Thoroughly impressed and glad to have met him - a huge asset to the NHS in it's 70th birthday year!

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 10 July 2018

Royal Bolton Hospital replied on 23 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post this. Your comments are really appreciated and will be passed on to the staff.

valerie cooper gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Exceptionally attentive service

I visited the Eye Unit at Royal Bolton yesterday morning. I was extremely nervous and apprehensive about my appointment as I understood I required cataract surgery. I was seen by a lovely lady who did my initial assessment. She was so kind, caring and considerate and friendly, which put me at my ease immediately. Her manner was very professional and reassuring as she put drops in my eyes and I did the sight test. The member of staff explained in great detail what the results showed and asked for my thoughts, before I saw the Doctor.

This member of staff is an asset to the department. Clearly she must see many patients in the course of her working day, but she was respectful, reassuring and attentive throughout and I want to thank her for her kindness and professionalism. Thank you.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 24 July 2018

Royal Bolton Hospital has not yet replied.

Francine Godfrey gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

An excellent t experience.

Although the waiting room was very busy, patients were called at regular intervals. There was a sense of purpose, diligence, friendiliness and respect. I was seen by a nurse who administered some eye drops after explaining what they were for,. Shortly after I was seen by a brilliant female consultant. She explained what she was going to do, the reasons why and after the test, explained clearly her conclusions. She was reassuring. At the same time, to ensure that her conclusions were absolutely right, she required a blood test to eliminate absolutely the possible cause of my symptoms. The blood test was carried out more or less immediately by a lovely nurse, friendly and efficient. I was told that I would be called later at home with the results of my blood test. I have just heard from the hospital.
In summary, an efficient, excellent service.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 24 July 2018

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to ophthalmology dept. Waters meeting place

Extremely good. Was dealt with straight away in a very professional manner, was asked if I had any questions and was listened to.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 26 July 2018

Waters Meeting Eye Clinic

I was a bit unsure about visiting Waters Meeting clinic regarding my glaucoma but I was reassured as soon as I got there as I was welcomed by a lady who I've seen numerous time on visiting the hospital. I was very impressed that my whole appointment took just under one hour and it was very reassuring to go through for my scan's to see the lady whom I also recognised from the hospital. Would like to thank these two ladies and another lady for looking after me on my visit.
Keep up the good work, I will not be apprehensive about visiting waters meeting again, I would like to go there every time as it's a much quicker appointment.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 27 July 2018

Simon gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Top Marks for the Waters Meeting Eye Unit

My first visit to Waters Meeting Ophthalmology Unit and I was very impressed with how good the dept is run. All the staff were extremely professional and organised. They created such a relaxing and friendly experience going about their work that I cannot praise them highly enough. The facilities are excellent too.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 28 July 2018