Royal Bolton Hospital

01204 390390 Minerva Road, Farnworth , Bolton, Lancashire, BL4 0JR

351 total | 69 found in Ophthalmology Show all reviews

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Eye clinic visit

Thorough examination by the doctor, good explanations, friendly reassuring and I never felt rushed at all. Very happy with my treatment on this visit.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 14 November 2017

Royal Bolton Hospital replied on 15 November 2017

Great to hear - thank you for sharing.

Anonymous reviewed Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital

Glaucoma Clinic

I would like to say a special thanks to the staff members I saw for making me feel at ease on attending the Glaucoma Clinic today (Tuesday 14th November 2017) at 9.00 am. I always feel apprehensive but their "Bedside Manner" and reassuring qualities stilled my fears.
Thank You!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 14 November 2017

Royal Bolton Hospital replied on 15 November 2017

Thank you for posting this. It is good to know that our staff were able to reassure you.

Angela kay gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Couldn't be better

I attended at Bolton Eye depart today, the whole experience was faultless.

From first point of contact I was treated with respect, dignity and kindness. I was seen by a lovely doctor, who gave a clear and thorough diagnosis, treatment plan and prognosis. This doctor was both kind and courteous throughout examination.

I could only commend the whole department.

Many thanks, a happy, satisfied patient

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 15 November 2017

Royal Bolton Hospital replied on 20 November 2017

Dear Angela, Great to hear you are satisfied with the care you received. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

MACULAR DEGENERATION CLINIC

Another satisfying visit for my 99 year old mother. She is always treated with dignity. The reception staff are caring and considerate as are the nurses. They explain every procedure and are very patient. We never have to wait for our appointment and clear instructions are always given for follow up. One particular doctor explains in great detail the various options available for her condition suggesting the best solutions for her individual problems. We are always given clear reasons for a particular course of action. I am delighted that my mother is in the care of such a professional team.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 15 November 2017

Royal Bolton Hospital replied on 20 November 2017

What a lovely testimonial! Thank you for posting this. We wish you and your mother all the best.

ron gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

eye department

i was happy with my visit to my Consultant they explained about my condition and what caused it very well. thank you

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 16 November 2017

Royal Bolton Hospital replied on 20 November 2017

Thanks for posting this Ron, good to know.

Malcolm Deaville gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very efficient and informative treatment

I was first seen in Ophthalmology a year ago when a macular hole was discovered in one eye.
I was promptly referred to Manchester Royal Eye Hospital and the operation there was successful.

I have just been for a one year check, again seeing the surgeon who was very friendly and informative, showing me the scans of my eye whilst explaining in detail to a junior doctor who was in attendance.

All the staff were very efficient and the appointment was on time; I was in and out in a little over an hour. Impressed.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 23 November 2017

Royal Bolton Hospital replied on 28 November 2017

Hello Malcolm, It is good to know your treatment has been successful and you were impressed with your experience. Thank you for posting this.

Llew Sadler gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

As always outstanding experience

From the moment I entered the hospital I was treated with care, respect & understanding by all the staff. My experience with my doctor, as always, was first class.
I feel the administrators should be made aware that, in my opinion, the department is badly understaffed & it is obvious that the staff are under extreme pressure.
I could see that there was a lack of communication between the staff, but not of their own intent.
I think the people of Bolton are very fortunate to have such a facility as the Bolton Eye Hospital.
Many many thanks.
Llew Sadler

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 30 November 2017

Royal Bolton Hospital has not yet replied.

Chris Bakker gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Superb advice & care

We were very pleased with the advice and care given by the consultant we saw and they gave us reassurance and explanation at a very stressful time. They were thorough and all the staff there made a real difference.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 30 November 2017

Royal Bolton Hospital has not yet replied.

Maddyb gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

10 months down the track

After 10 months of visits, 7 injections and several consultations, I was pleased to be able to have a meeting with my consultant once again. I was told truthfully the details of my wet AMD progression and the prognosis for the 'dry' eye. I have now been put on a programme of treatment that will mean injections of Lucentis every 6/8 weeks to keep the leakage under control.

I am also going to be added on the list that will enable the leak in the 'wet' eye to be tracked so that in the near future, I will be considered for laser treatment.

I was very pleased to be advised that there was no reason for me not to drive at the moment because I passed the eye tests which shows how much progress has been achieved by the care and attention shown to me by Royal Bolton's Opthalmology Department. I am very grateful. Thank you.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 03 December 2017

Royal Bolton Hospital replied on 04 December 2017

Thank you for posting this. It is always good to hear from patients and especially when we've been able to help them make good progress.

Dead heart man gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CSCR after heart transplant

I had developed CSCR after a heart transplant and chose Bolton Royal Hospital because of the great reviews and I wasn't disappointed. The level of care is second to none by a very professional team, with a wealth of knowledge, experience and compassion. I felt involved with the diagnosis and the prognosis at every stage. They were sympathetic to the fact that I was at risk of kidney damage if I had a Fluorescein injection and managed to carry out the procedure using a different method, getting great images which were explained to me in detail. All in all a very pleasant experience.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 07 December 2017

Royal Bolton Hospital replied on 11 December 2017

Hello, after having a transplant it must have been worrying to be aware that some treatments might have caused kidney damage, so we are really pleased that our staff were able to treat you in a different way. Thank you for taking the time to post this. We wish you well for the future.