Royal Bolton Hospital

01204 390390 Minerva Road, Farnworth , Bolton, Lancashire, BL4 0JR

350 total | 105 found in Ophthalmology Show all reviews

Watersmeet Health Centre Ophthalmic Clinic

This was the first time I have attended this glaucoma clinic and it was wonderful. I usually go to Bolton Royal, which is good, but this was so unlike the normal hospital situation. The three ophthalmic professionals I met were warm, friendly and helpful and made me feel relaxed. Each one of them listened to me , answered my questions and reassured me - especially the lady who did my fields vision test - thank you again! I have nothing but praise for the whole of the Royal Bolton ophthalmic department and have recommended it to friends with eye problems, and will continue to do so

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 02 November 2018

Royal Bolton Hospital replied on 07 November 2018

It is really nice to hear you had such a good experience. Our staff will be thrilled to hear your comments and thank you for recommending us!

Nicola Collier gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service, thank you

I have attended the Glaucoma Clinic several times in the last year and have had YAG laser treatments x2. The clinics are run very efficiently, I was seen very promptly at my appointment times and all members of staff have been friendly and helpful. Thank you.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 08 November 2018

Royal Bolton Hospital replied on 12 November 2018

Hello Nicola, thank you for posting this.

my treatment for uveitis

under the hospitals care for the above problem,from the-moment of arrival everyone was very professional and courteous.
the various tests were performed and all information electronically delivered back to the Doctors.
My consultant was very thorough and explained each step of the treatment with clarity
empathy

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 13 November 2018

Royal Bolton Hospital replied on 13 November 2018

We're pleased that your appointment was helpful. Thank you for posting.

Shirley Hunt gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Eye consultation

I am very satisfied with the treatment I am getting, The Staff are lovely and I have the utmost praise for the ophthalmologist. He explain everything thats going on with my eye and what needs doing, thankyouto each and every one of you .

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 06 November 2018

Neela Atrey gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment given in Eye Department at RBH

Recently I was referred in Cute eye clinic by my GP. I was seen asap by a consultant Ophthalmologist who found I had retinal tear in my left eye and treated it promptly with laser treatment. Excellent service by all the staff.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 14 November 2018

PETER GERMAN gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Left Branch Retinal Vein Occulsiion

During the past few years I have had treatment for a left branch retinal vein occlusion, a bleed at the back of the left eye at The Royal Bolton Hospital eye department.

Through out this time the treatment was first class by truly professional people. I was treated with courtesy and compassion through out my many visits

I am most grateful to the consultant and his colleagues for their effort in the saving of my left eye. My visits included six ozurdex injections A type of bead injected into the eye at six monthly intervals, expert lazer treatment and a cataracts removal all on the same eye. I might add that through out my whole treatment there was to my surprise no pain.Bolton is indeed lucky to have such an eye hospital.

Best Wishes to Bolton Eye Hospital

PETER GERMAN

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 02 November 2018

Royal Bolton Hospital replied on 12 November 2018

Dear Peter, your comments will be appreciated not only by our staff but also by other patients. Many thanks.

First visit.

My first visit to Bolton Hospital to the Ophthalmic Dept,A1 satisfaction all round for the hospital / staff,consultant / care & treatment I received that put me so much at ease,all I can add is a massive thank you to one & all. X

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 24 October 2018

David A Jones gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very professional and friendly service

I went to the Eye unit on 25/09/18 I saw the consultant who was extremely professional and acted promptly to arrange some scans and referred me to a colleague who deals with double vision and squints,she was amazing and gave the same diagnosis as the consultant. I attended for the scans and I was given an appointment to see both members of staff today for the results of the scans.I was treated with such care and reassurance about my condition as it has cleared and I can see properly.I have a further appointment in a few months.I found all the staff I met were all courteous and made my visits more comforting When one is worried about the condition the consultant requested some photographs and a very pleasant lady did the task.She was also reassuring.The Eye unit is always clean and lots of staff to help in all the areas.I would definitely recommend this unit to my family and friends .I feel it is very important to give a positive feedback when I have experienced such as this.What an asset the named staff are to the Hospital nothing too much to ask .Well done to all three members of staff. Thank you all for your professional
Attention

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 30 October 2018

Steve Adamson gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Friendly and professional staff

Just a note to say thank you to staff who saw me yesterday.
Friendly manner whilst treating me with professionalism and expediency that makes a worrying experience easier to cope with.
Another reason to be proud of our NHS !

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 31 October 2018

Royal Bolton Hospital replied on 13 November 2018

Hi Steve, that is really great to hear. Thanks for posting.

Eddie gave Ophthalmology at Royal Bolton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Watersmeeting Eye Clinic

Went to Watersmeeting this morning to be tested for Glaucoma. All the Nurses where superb put you at ease and explained what they would be doing. The consultant was very professional and helped me understand the findings. The Lady on reception was also very welcoming as the first patient of the morning.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 29 October 2018