Derriford Hospital

01752 202082 Derriford Road, Crownhill , Plymouth, Devon, PL6 8DH

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellent service

I attended the hospital with my granddaughter 21 months who was scheduled for a scan. I could not fault the caring staff from CYPOD unit to the nuclear medicine department. Care and patience all round. Thank you Derriford .

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

Paul Edwin Barlow gave Dermatology at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Dermatology in Rowan House

I thought the the treatment, staff and Rowan House first class. With so many negatives given about the NHS via the media this again for me was exceptional I could not have been better treated with private health care.
The parking was easy the directions and even the simple electronic sign in made the experience of the visit enjoyable.
Thanks again to all the smiley and professional staff who treated me.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 05 October 2017

Derriford Hospital has not yet replied.

R.O. gave Accident and emergency services at Derriford Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Bad bad bad

I am not recomanding this hospital for anyoane
I was waiting during the night around 7 hours in child dep emergency. After this i continued to wait for a bed another 3 hours. Mind time my child increased his temperature at 39.8 and they give.him after 7 hours 5 mls paracetol. Nurses from childs departament were unprofesionals. They put our son in one bed just with one pilow . No sheets no blanchet. One of nurses told us that our son even has 38.9 temperature, is looks right so he dont need any paracetamol and if he will shake againe is just normal for one child no side efects after this kinde of crisses. After 15 hours waiting Baaaaaaaaad!!!!!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 08 October 2017

Carer46 reviewed Derriford Hospital

Waiting for hip op

My mother has been waiting for a hip replacement for 37 weeks, since being referred in mid January. She had first pre-op in May and a date of late July (already past 18 weeks). This was cancelled on the Friday afternoon before 7am Monday admission for the op that day. More time passes. Second date early October was again cancelled on the Friday afternoon. We now wait in limbo for another date. Each time have to repeat pre-op and other tests. Living outside Plymouth this means a long journey costing £60 taxi each time (previous use of patient transport left us in the lurch).
We understand the severe funding crisis the NHS faces and how professional staff are, we feel, brought to the limit by the shortfall of beds, staffing and patience of all involved. We feel powerless without any options to get this essential treatment. My mother's mobility has worsened such that she cannot now get to public transport and it has had a serious affect on her quality of life. What can we do?

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 11 October 2017 using Care Opinion

Carer46 reviewed Derriford Hospital

Waiting for hip op

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 11 October 2017 using Care Opinion

atcher reviewed Derriford Hospital

Endoscopy unit Derriford Hospital Plymouth Devon England

I am going through diagnosis for either pancreatitis or pancreatic cancer and had an appointment for a biopsy to be taken of the lump I have at the head of my pancreas. I am also a T2 diabetic.
I had to be "nil by mouth" from 9am in the morning for my "appointment" at 1. 15pm. Now let me first make it perfectly clear that I have no complaints as to the staff, but the way the whole department is set up. When I got there I was told that everyone who is called in is called in for around 1pm! So there were a lot of people all there for the supposed same appointment time. No wonder people get frustrated when they have been sitting waiting for nearly 4 hours before being seen.
Then to be told that the machine to be used for one's appointment is the only one in this huge department because the other one wasn't working. Then being told that the machine had to be rebooted and it wasn't accepting it.
As I hope everyone who reads this will appreciate, by this time my pain medication had worn off so I was in pain, I was hungry and very thirsty and kept having sweats and periods of shaking which tell me that my blood sugars are getting very low.
Again I am not criticising the staff. They monitored me and made sure I was ok but this could have all been avoided if a little thought had gone into my appointment in the first place. The department is a wonderful one.
Apart from a sore throat I felt no pain from the procedure at all and must recommend Dr Fox and his staff for this. However, like the rest of the NHS this department needs funding so that the wonderful backbone of this country's health service, its staff, can do the best job they can.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 15 October 2017 using Care Opinion

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Argyle Ward

Lovely kind caring staff despite immense pressure and staff shortage. Some delays on mediction rounds but this would be better if they werent so over worked.

Great team doing their very best to support everyone

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 20 September 2017

Derriford Hospital has not yet replied.

Robert Furzeland gave Accident and emergency services at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Best service ever.

There when it was needed, care no limit,treatment no equal.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 11 October 2017

Andy gave Cardiology at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

I was seen exactly at my appointment time by my doctor, who spend time to discuss my case in detail. Excellent service, thank you.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 22 September 2017

E.Rosemary Deasey gave Cardiology at Derriford Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Aortic valve replacement surgery

I am at home and making good progress after being discharged 5 days after the operation which took place on September 6th ( 2017)
There was a hitch on the 22 August when my planned op. should have taken place but It was completely understandable in a cardiac ward when someone was admitted as an emergency and the treatment took, I think, most of the day.
I spent a day in ICU with a dedicated carer and eventually spent 4 days on Clearbrook Ward. There is a review criticizing the care there for an elderly patient so I'[d like to say a little about my experience.
I am 78 and found all the staff, and that includes everyone who came on the ward: those who served food, checked B.P. etc, cleaning staff, doctors and all the nursing staff to be kind,caring, cheerful, helpful and encouraging to me and others in the ward at all times.
Thank you so much.
Eveline Rosemary Deasey .

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 23 September 2017