Leicester General Hospital

0300 303 1573 Gwendolen Road , Leicester, Leicestershire, LE5 4PW

265 total | 46 found in Gynaecology Show all reviews

Shelle gave Gynaecology at Leicester General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery unit 2

I attended the day surgery today 02.11.2018 for botox to my bladder under local aneaathetic. I would like to say a massive thank you to the ward staff, the theatre staff and to my consultant.
All the staff were kind, proffessional and caring. My dignity was maintained during the procedure at all times. The consultant, aneasthetist and theatre nurse took time to explain and to reasure.
All the staff appeared to work well together and although they were busy they made the time for their patients. thank you.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 02 November 2018

Leicester General Hospital replied on 09 November 2018

Dear Shelle,

Thank you for taking time to leave your review. We are pleased you experienced good care. We'll ensure your feedback is shared with the team.

Have you considered nominating a team or a member of staff for our Caring at its Best awards? Further information is available on our website: http://www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/aboutus/our-purpose-strategy-and-values/caring-at-its-best-awards/

We wish you all the best.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Leicester General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Vaginal hysterectomy. Ward 31 excellent.

Really concerned about surgery and hospital. Need not have worried as everyone was wonderful and so caring. Everyone excelllent care and in the theatre and ward 31. Surgeon and staff in theatre excellent.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 27 October 2018

Leicester General Hospital replied on 09 November 2018

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking time to leave your review. We are pleased to hear it all went well and you experienced good care.

We will make sure we pass on your kind words to the team.

We wish you all the best.

Carolyn gave Gynaecology at Leicester General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

When you’re swept up in the system that is treating you for serious medical conditions and major surgery you rely on a huge team working together.
My experience was positive; everyone involved did their job with expertise and kindness.
You learn to trust and accept what is being done for your well being.... and I am extremely grateful.
Our NHS is amazing.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 15 October 2018

Leicester General Hospital replied on 22 October 2018

Dear Carolyn,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment.

We are really pleased to hear how well you have been cared for by our Gynaecology team at the General. Your feedback is much appreciated and has been shared with the relevant team.

Rose G gave Gynaecology at Leicester General Hospital a rating of 4 stars

HOW IT SHOULD BE!

Gynaecology - attended for minor procedure. The staff were really lovely. Very caring, considerate and understanding. Thanks to staff.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 14 September 2018

Leicester General Hospital replied on 26 September 2018

Dear Rose,

We really appreciate you taking the time to feedback. We are pleased you experienced great care from the staff.

We have passed on your comments to the service manager.

The Communications Team

Happy

Had Gynaecology procedure in O.P.D this morning. All staff very friendly, helpful and kind. Excellent service. Keep up the good work. A team to be proud of. Many thanks.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 14 July 2018

Leicester General Hospital replied on 17 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment.

We are really pleased to hear how well you were cared for by our Gynaecology team at the General. Your feedback is much appreciated and has been shared with the team involved in your care.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Leicester General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

blind and anxious well looked after

i would like to praise the staff for their help and support, my friend kaye came in on the 13th of july hysteroscopy she is blind and very nervous the staff was very helpful towards her gave her full assistance at all times and made her feel comfortable and even went to the trouble to sit with her for a while at night until she was settled. kaye was kept in overnight as she was put to sleep, im her friend and i just want to say that both kaye and i are very greatful to all the staff

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 14 July 2018

Leicester General Hospital replied on 17 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment.

We are really pleased to hear how well your friend Kaye was cared for by our Gynaecology team at the General. Your feedback is much appreciated and has been shared with the team involved in Kaye's care - we hope she is recovering well.

Paula gave Gynaecology at Leicester General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward31 general

Ward 31 - general hospital
I had my hysterectomy here 2nd July 2018 and had to stay on the ward for 5 days
The care I received was exceptional all nurses and health care assistants were unbelievable
They listen when your tearful help you to recover !
We would be lost without the NHS

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 24 July 2018

Leicester General Hospital replied on 03 August 2018

Dear Paula,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comment.

It is fantastic to hear about your recent experience at our Gynaecology service at Leicester General Hospital.

It is especially great to hear about how caring every member of staff on Ward 31 treated you during your visit and helped you through your recovery.

We will be sure to pass on your thoughtful words to the team.

Kerry gave Gynaecology at Leicester General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Helpful staff

Really wanted to say a big thank you to the very helpful member of staff , who stopped us in the corridor to ask if I would like a hand . I was trying to transport my mum in a wheelchair from radiology to gynaecology ( I think he may have been a porter , really wished I had asked his name ) . He really went the extra mile and pushed my mum all the way back to the department and was very friendly & helpful . Just proves how valuable all nhs staff are ! Thank you

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 01 July 2018

Leicester General Hospital replied on 02 July 2018

Dear Kerry,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comment.

It is excellent to hear about your recent experience at Leicester General Hospital.

We try and encourage all of our staff to go above and beyond when helping patients and visitors.

We will pass your kind message onto the management team at the General who will then thank the wider team for their current work.

Lisa gave Gynaecology at Leicester General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful staff

I had lletz treatment on 08.05.2018, I was so anxious, but the doctor, nurse and student nurse were amazing, they explained everything, and They were so good with me, not doing anything until I was ready, and really put my mind at ease, I was a nervous wreck throughout, as I had read other stories online, before attending but wish I hadn’t as my experience was fine. Can’t thank them enough..oh and not forgetting the receptionist , she was lovely too.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 22 May 2018

Leicester General Hospital replied on 24 May 2018

Dear Lisa,
Thank you for leaving your feedback. We are sorry to hear you have undergone treatment and hope that you are recovering well. We are very happy to read that you were put at ease by our staff during what must have been a stressful and anxious time. We aim to deliver Caring at its Best and your comments show that our Gynaecology team certainly did that. We will pass your message onto the team involved in your care and would like to wish you all the best.
Kind Regards,
Leicester’s Hospitals.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Leicester General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great team made my whole experience

I visited ward 11 on 21/4/18 for a myosure polyp removal. From the minute we arrived until we left we could not have received better treatment.

The staff were friendly and approachable. The nurses and hca’s were sensitive to my feeling anxious and were reassuring throughout. The consultant was second to none. He clearly explained the procedure beforehand.

I was advised I may experience cramping later in the day, which I am yet to feel the next day. I can only put this down to the consultants precise work and expertise and maybe that my body was relaxed which is due to the nursing team distracting and comforting me throughout the procedure.

Brilliant staff, brilliant care and treatment.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 22 April 2018

Leicester General Hospital replied on 10 May 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your message with us.

It is fantastic to hear about your recent experience with Ward 11, especially friendly and approachable the staff were.

We understand how anxious operations can make a person feel, so it is great to know the Nurses and HCA's were sensitive towards you.

We will be sure to pass on your kind words to the department and we hope your recovery continues to go well.