Lister Hospital

01438 314333 Coreys Mill Lane , Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 4AB

Robert gave Eye treatment at Lister Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Quicker to drive 15 miles and back than to phone

Tired time of trying to call and get an answer Over an hour yesterday and still in queue position 10. 20 minutes so far in position 5 today.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 15 November 2018

Lister Hospital replied on 15 November 2018

Thank you for your email Robert. We're very sorry to hear that you have had trouble contacting the team. Have you spoken to our patient advice and liaison service (PALS)? They are here to help with any issues you might be having, including in relation to your appointments or care. Details on how to contact them are available on our website: https://www.enherts-tr.nhs.uk/patients-visitors/advice-and-support/pals/

As we do with all of our reviews, we will share yours with senior members of the team.

John Wortley gave Radiology at Lister Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Experience

People are far too quick to criticise the NHS and far too slow to acknowledge the positives. Had an operation at the Lister today and had an excellent experience. The staff were very friendly, professional and reassuring and the operation went by very quickly, despite only being under a local. Thanks to the skill of the surgeon and the rest of the team I have still not needed a single painkiller, and should be back to normal activities within the next few days. Thank you again to all involved.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 15 November 2018

Lister Hospital replied on 16 November 2018

Thank you very much for your review John. We're pleased to hear that you were looked after well by our surgery team at the Lister. We'll make sure your feedback is passed on to them.

Brian Spall gave Accident and emergency services at Lister Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service in A&E

I visited A&E On14th November for treatment for a boil that suddenly appeared and grew at an alarming rate. Luckily the department was not too busy and I was processed with great empathy by a welcome nurse followed by a triage nurse both of whom obviously cared about patient wellbeing. I was then seen by a doctor who quickly developed a plan and lanced the offending boil. The whole process was completed in just over an hour and I left as a well satisfied customer. Apart from the speed of my treatment I was most impressed with the manner in which everyone involved worked as a team with all individuals showing great care and enthusiasm for their role in giving a high level of response to patient needs.
Thank you for living up to the high standards of the NHS. You collectively receive much public criticism but in my case I want you all to know how appreciative I was of the treatment I received.

Brian Spall

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 16 November 2018

Lister Hospital replied on 16 November 2018

Thank you for getting in touch Brian. We're very pleased to hear that you had an excellent experience of our A&E unit at the hospital and we'll make sure your feedback is shared with the team.

Amelia Wright gave Accident and emergency services at Lister Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E

I went into A&E at midnight with a VERY fast heart rate, fever and kidney infection. As soon as I arrived my heart rate was taken and I was put straight on a drip to up my fluid levels and paracetamol to help with the pain. For the next few hours I was constantly in and out of different rooms having a variety of tests done on me. I was very impressed with the speed at which they were working with me and the thoroughness it was done with. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful and I was allowed to leave at about 3:30am when I thought I’d probably still be sat there waiting the next morning!

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 19 November 2018

Lister Hospital replied on 19 November 2018

Thank you for your review! We're very pleased to hear that you were looked after well by our A&E team and we'll make sure your feedback is shared with them.

Anonymous gave Eye treatment at Lister Hospital a rating of 1 stars

No one answers the phone

Asbsolutly disgusted in this department. I have been trying to rearrange my 90 year old fathers appointment and have spent the last week trying to get through on the phone number 01438 288122 as stated on his appointment letter. The last resort was 3 hours this afternoon getting to number 1 in the queue where I waited for 1 hour with still no one answering. His appointment states if it is not convenient please ring. It also tells me that every missed appointment costs the NHS £160. If they answered their phones maybe they will have less missed appointments.
It has probably cost me a few pounds this afternoon waiting on the phone.
Does anyone actually answer this phone????????? I would imagine you only move up the queue when somebody gives up and hangs up.
Why does it take 3 hours to get from position 7 to position 1 and still no one answers.
It will be interesting to see if anyone from the NHS reads this comment and bothers to reply. They should read this as they are definitely not spending time answering their phones.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 22 November 2018

Lister Hospital replied on 26 November 2018

We're truly sorry you've had trouble getting through and would like to help. If you could email all the details, including his full name, date of birth, address and hospital number to pals.enh-tr@nhs.net, they will be happy to sort this out for you.

Louise gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Lister Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Care provided in Endoscopy Unit

I have visited this unit a number of times over recent years and visited again today for an endoscopy. Whilst I have had many endoscopies over this time, the anticipation prior to each appointment is always the same, yet every single member of staff does their upmost to put you at ease.

I am continually impressed by the great facilities, the highly committed medical staff especially my consultant - who continually deliver high standards of care, and during my period of care for putting me at the centre of everything they do.

Today was no different in terms of the sterling level of care provided and I remain grateful for all the help and support I receive from everyone I liaise with (including the reception staff).

I felt leaving this review would help put other patients at ease, but this also provided me with the opportunity to publicly thank everyone for the excellent care I continually receive in this unit.

Lister Hospital replied on 26 November 2018

Thank you for your feedback. The team always do their best for every patient, and we will share your kind words with the team.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Lister Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Cardiac suite

I recently went to the Cardiac Suite for an Angiogram.

I would like to thank all the staff involved in my visit.
They explained the treatment beforehand and carried it out
professionally .

Please pass on my thanks to them .

Regards

Eileen Logan

Lister Hospital replied on 26 November 2018

Thank you for getting in touch - we will let the team know that you were happy with your care, and know they'll be glad to hear about it.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Lister Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Maternity sonographers unbelievably rude

Good luck to anyone who is having there baby scans here the staff are so rude. I lost my child to pre term labour in January I’m back again now and the staff don’t care at all. They don’t want to give you any reassurance it’s like they want you to be in fear. They get offended when you ask them questions. They are like robots. I can’t say the same for the midwifes as they are AMAZING but the sonographers let the department down so much everytime I go for a scan I dread it and leave feeling upset.

Lister Hospital replied on 26 November 2018

We're so sorry to hear that you were unhappy with some elements of your care. We will let the senior team know that things weren't altogether as they should be - we will also let them know that you were pleased with the care you received from our midwives. If you need to get in touch, please do contact our PALS team (patient advice and liaison) - they're there to help and will always do their best to support you.

Stephen gave Accident and emergency services at Lister Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Admission into A&E after collapsing on 31 October

On 31 October I collapsed at a friend's house. He called an ambulance. I was impressed with the ambulance crew and the care they took to monitor exactly what had happened, to gather information about my history and situation, and to explain what was happening. I was quickly delivered to A&E at the Lister and thoroughly checked with various blood tests, an X-ray and CT scan. I was given clear explanations of the results and kept in an acute ward overnight. All the staff were friendly and efficient from the porters and other service people to the nurses and doctors. The A&E and acute ward are in the new and spacious parts of the Lister which are pleasant to be in. I noted that the use of technology is always improving with results instantly available electronically. I was discharged with a very clear letter in my hand, much better than the old hand written semi-legible carbon copies which were issued not so long ago!

Special thanks to the Consultant who explained everything so clearly and wrote my discharge letter. (I hope your rules don't require you to edit his name out!)

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 02 November 2018

Lister Hospital replied on 02 November 2018

Thank you very much for your review! We're very pleased to hear that you had an excellent experience of our hospital and we will make sure your review is shared with the relevant teams, including A&E.

Rebecca Nansoz gave Accident and emergency services at Lister Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A and E experience

I was knocked off my push bike yesterday and was taken by ambulance to the Lister. The ambulance came quite quickly and once in the hospital, I was assessed quickly and had to wait no time for an xray - not bad for a Sunday.

The cup of tea and sandwich was so welcome too - amazing.

Well done all the staff in A&E and thank you for your great service. Fabulous NHS.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 05 November 2018

Lister Hospital replied on 07 November 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this feedback. We will share it without the A&E team, and we know they will be glad to see it.

Take care.