Countess Of Chester Hospital

01244 365000 The Countess Of Chester Health Park , Chester, Cheshire, CH2 1HJ

LongTallM gave Ophthalmology at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Emergency Referral by Optician

Changed spectacles in May 2018 after eye test and then went away on six weeks holiday. Had problems seeing so resorted to ‘over the counter’ spectacles to tide me over.

Made further eye appointment on return whereby my Optician did a deep examination of my eyes and felt I needed to urgently go to hospital for specialist advice.

Appointment made very speedily by my Surgery last Thursday for today. Felt a bit apprehensive but all the staff were very kind and reassuring. Saw one particular consultant who examined my eyes in detail and felt there was nothing to worry about which was very reassuring.

A pleasant experience in an obviously very busy department.

Thank you to all concerned - I shall sleep well tonight.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 01 August 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital replied on 02 August 2018

Thank you for your comments, which have been passed on to the appropriate staff members.
We are delighted that you had such a positive experience, and your feedback will be much appreciated by the team.

Best wishes,
The Patient Experience Team.

Anonymous gave Diabetic Medicine at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Diabetes staff

I have recently had to take on the responsibility of being a part time carer for my mother in law. She has diabetes and needs regular checks at the clinic. In my opinion the clinic staff make no allowances whatsoever for people being new to this responsibility. Not all procedures were properly explained. I was not told when a procedure was urgent and they became quite rude to my elderly mother in law who can get confused. I was being called ten times in one day and this did not help. The staff need to show patience with relatives who are not trained for this. I found their attitude upsetting as I have been a patient at the countess several times myself and the staff were always kind and helpful.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 02 August 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital replied on 03 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
We are disappointed that you felt communication was poor, particularly in light of your previous positive experiences. Please be assured that your comments have been passed to the relevant staff for review.
If you feels PALS can be of any further assistance, please call us on 01244 366066, or email cochpals@nhs.net.

Best wishes,
The Patient Experience Team.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fabulous experience

I was booked for an elective c-section in July and had an amazing experience at the hospital. Staff were very attentive and I felt safe under their care.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 09 August 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital replied on 09 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your kind comments, please be assured they will be passed on to the relevant staff.
We are delighted that your experience with us has been such a positive one.

The Patient Experience Team

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 1 stars

SAU

Awful treatment in The SAU area. Avoid using if you can!

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 13 August 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Respiratory Medicine at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

Having recently been admitted to this hospital with a number of respiratory problems, I found the ward I was on very clean and it's staff very warm and friendly. They went out of thier way to make all patients relaxed and comfortable during thier stay.

This was repeated within every department I had to visit during my stay here.

I was kept completely informed on decisions regarding my treatment every step of the way.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 14 August 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital replied on 16 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your kind feedback. We will ensure it reaches the appropriate staff members, and are delighted that your experience was so positive.

The Patient Experience Team

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 1 stars

4.5 hrs wait and they don't care

Went to A&E this evening cos my wife was in absolute agony. Saw the nurse within 20 minute's so no problem there. What we did have a problem with was the uncaring attitude of the reception staff. Quite a number of people waiting to see a doctor asked them how long the wait would be and all they got time after time was that it will be 4.5 hrs. There was scant regard for the nature of each person's needs just it will be at least 4.5 hrs. Quite a few people including ourselves left because of the wait as the staff stated that it was likely that we would not be seen until 6:00 am, some 6hrs in the future. It was as if patients are an inconvenience and should not be there. They really do not care in the reception area of A&European and need some get some sympathy for patients who are there because they are sick or injured.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 17 July 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital replied on 17 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
I am sorry that you felt your experience at A&E was a negative one, and I hope that PALS may be of some assistance.
Should you wish to have a further discussion please contact us on 01244 366066 or cochpals@nhs.net.

Mel S reviewed Countess Of Chester Hospital

Vulvodynia

In the last two years I have been passed round the health system like a parcel. I woke up one day in pain putting a tampon in and went to the doctors. They told me I had thrush. I treated it and was still in pain. I then was checked for cystitous then cervicitous by various doctors and nurses and told that it is getting better. It wasn't. I was given multiple medications, had so many blood and swab tests I lost count and they always found nothing wrong. Some doctor then said I had vulvodynia. I started taking medication for it which took away a lot of pain. However it made me very drowsy so I went to the gp that then referred me to a specialist at the hospital to get help with my vulvodynia (they checked me and confirmed this is what I had) then I saw the specialist and they said even though I have no infection or inflammation I have cervicitous! So I'm back to square one. Also they didn't do a thorough examination so have no idea of the pain levels I have. This has been 2 years of upset, pain and has made my life very hard. If I compare all the symptoms I have to cervicitous I have 1. If I compare it to vulvodynia I have several.
I'm a 20 year old that worries they will never not be in pain as no one can work out what's wrong with me. Thanks nhs you've made me miserable.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 18 July 2018 using Care Opinion

Countess Of Chester Hospital replied on 20 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
I am sorry to hear that your experience has been such a difficult one, if there is anything further that PALS can do to help please contact us on 01244 366066, or cochpals@nhs.net.

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Waiting time is ridiculous

Something needs to be sorted with the waiting times in this hospital it’s an absolute joke. I had an important dermatology appointment at 2pm today but arrived promptly at half 1. Two hours later I’m still sat here being told my prescription is ‘not ready’ when it very well should be when I’ve been allocated an appointment. There has been no apology just ‘can you give us 10 minutes’ and they have said this about 4 times, whilst in the mean time all the other patients are swanning in to there appointments on time. I am furious, people take time off work to make these appointments and you can’t even have the decency to apologise or do your job properly. Outrageous!!!

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 30 July 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital replied on 02 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, and please accept our apologies that you were unsatisfied with your experience.
If you wish to discuss it further, you are welcome to contact PALS on 01244 366066 or cochpals@nhs.net.

Many thanks,

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Fertility department review

We have been seen in this department for over a year now and would not recommend it to anyone. Impossible to get hold of the relevant staff. A referral got lost, something that should be pretty straight forward to sort out ended up taking hours because no one answers their phones, especially the consultants' secretary. The sooner we are transferred to a different hospital the better. Anybody being seen in the fertility clinic will understand it is a very difficult and emotional time but this is not made any easier by certain staff at this hospital, not helpful at all. Very unhappy.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 24 July 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital replied on 25 July 2018

I am very sorry to hear about your experiences at the Countess of Chester. We have forwarded your concerns to the department concerned. If you feel there is anything that the PALs team can do for you please don't hesitate to call us on 01244 366066 or send us an email at cochpals@nhs.net.

Claire Houghton gave Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 4 stars

MRI team

A big thank you to the lovely staff in mri who saw me at 9 am on a Sunday morning!!! I really struggled with my mri and had to keep Coming out of the machine. The staff were very patient and kind and explained everything. Thank you.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 10 June 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital has not yet replied.