Countess Of Chester Hospital

01244 365000 The Countess Of Chester Health Park , Chester, Cheshire, CH2 1HJ

Chris Green gave Cardiology at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cardio rehab excelent

I have just finished my 12 week Cardio rehab course and I have to say what an excelent experience it was from start to finish. The very professional staff are both kind and understanding and gave me a gentle push to improve my overall lifestyle post a heart attack. I have realy enjoyed the experience and will miss my Thursday afternoons at the gym with them. I wish the every success in future rehabilitation clients. Thank you

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 02 June 2018

Claire Houghton gave Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 4 stars

MRI team

A big thank you to the lovely staff in mri who saw me at 9 am on a Sunday morning!!! I really struggled with my mri and had to keep Coming out of the machine. The staff were very patient and kind and explained everything. Thank you.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 10 June 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital has not yet replied.

June Irwin gave Accident and emergency services at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment in A & E

I was admitted to the countess of Chester A & E department by an outstanding ambulance crew who treated me with great dignity in my own home & in the ambulance .I was seen very quickly with a heart related problem. I was informed constantly what was going to happen & explained to in detail what it meant by a wonderful doctor who made me feel safe & cared for.
I cannot thank all who treated me including the nurse who did all my ecg’s & bloods & popped in & out constantly to see I was ok & check the monitors.
Thank you one & all for your wonderful care for which I am very grateful.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 11 June 2018

Margare gave Urology at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Appalling dept

I cannot begin to say how poor the service from this dept has been. I have been in the system for over 2 years having previously having cancer. In that time no progress whatsoever has been made Cancelled appointments de motivated and rude staff. Disorganised appt system and no follow up care whatsoever. Notes not updated so consultants have no idea what has been happening with my case as well as not having the common decency to sit down and have a proper conversation when you can get to see them !!!!! Being told I may have cancer then losing the notes and paperwork and not completing the follow up action. I can only describe this dept as a shambles and would say to anyone ask to go somewhere else.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 11 June 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Eye Injection

Have had many Eye injections but this one was superior. It was so quick & the consultant's technique ws less painful & better than any I've had before. The waiting is psychologically awful....but didn't have this this time. Almost...my next one is just 5 weeks from the first,,,,that's amazing in comparisson to past courses. Well done & keep up the improvments! G.M.Bell

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 17 June 2018

roger gave Urology at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Courteous and efficient

I had a urology incident which signalled a possible serious problem. I was referred to the out of hours service at the Countess who treated me with speed , efficiency and politeness. I then entered the assessment procedure which required various tests. These were carried out speedily and smoothly and within 4 weeks I was given the all clear. At all stages the staff were friendly and helpful.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 17 June 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital has not yet replied.

nigel gave Respiratory Medicine at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

lung function test in department g5 31.05.18

well done to all the staff in the respiratory dep g5. They were very kind ,professional ,explained the test well . Thank you

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 05 June 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital replied on 11 June 2018

Many thanks for taking the trouble to post your positive experience on line. Staff much appreciate your kind words.

The Patient Experience Team

Satisifed Patient

Admitted to Eye Department for a check up. Having come from a different area I was treated extremely professionally by all the staff in each of the departments I had treatment in. They had no records for me which did not stop them completing each stage of my treatment quickly. I felt I was in good hands and just left it to them. They reassured me and also kept my spirits up by entering in pleasant conversation each time I mentioned something.

Thank you Countess of Chester, I feel well able to recommend your service based on my experiences.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 05 May 2018

Anonymous gave Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 1 stars

fell at the first fence I'm afraid...

...asked to attend the Endoscopy Unit and it's not even listed as a hospital department.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 07 May 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital has not yet replied.

HelenaThomas gave Accident and emergency services at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E Visit

Admitted to A&E in the early hours of Saturday morning via 111. Everyone, including paramedics, triage nurse, casualty nurses and doctors were professional and were doing a great job. Whilst they don’t have the luxury of time to get to know the patients, everyone was friendly and put me at ease. Whilst I was there, another patient was being abusive to the staff, which I wish I’d had the courage to try to stop, but being anchored to a drip was a bit of a hinderage. The staff cope miraculously well with what they have to deal with. Thank you very much.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 13 May 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital replied on 29 May 2018

Your kind comments about the efforts of our ED Team are very much appreciated and have been passed onto the staff concerned. We hope you have made a full recovery!

The Patient Experience Team