Countess Of Chester Hospital

01244 365000 The Countess Of Chester Health Park , Chester, Cheshire, CH2 1HJ

jamesmccready gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day Patient in Endoscopy Dept

About 2 weeks after my GP was concerned about my bowel movements I was examined in the Endoscopy Dept. So a speedy response. The new premises were well organised and equipped and I was admitted exactly at my appointment time After preparation I underwent a comprehensive colonoscope examination. Please convey my especial thanks to the doctor and support nurses for their professional and friendly approach and excellent communication.
I must admit I was not looking forward to the procedure (who would!) but in the event found it stress & pain free. Fortunately no significant problem was apparant and within a few minutes of completion of the procedure I was given a comprehensive report of the work.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 04 April 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital has not yet replied.

Terry Hilton gave Orthopaedics at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 1 stars

New Car Parking System is Not Fit For Purpose.

My Wife and I visited today and for the first time encountered the new parking system. I am a disabled blue badge user and have always had to park in a main car park disabled bay. Thereafter going to the cash office to receive a refund for parking. Today however, having checked other disabled car parks without barriers which as always were full, I went into a barriered car park and used a disabled bay. On leaving the hospital I went to the cash office near the exit asking how to get a free ticket out of the car park, to be told that I should have parked somewhere without a barrier, which would have been free, but because I parked in a car park with a barrier I had to pay. This is outright discrimination. If you park without going through a barrier the disabled park free, if you have to park going through a barrier because there is nowhere else, then even disabled have to pay. To say I was furious with this blatant discrimination is an understatement. As there are plenty of yellow lines around I could have parked there, thus creating congestion, but free. We were sent to a pay machine, the first one only took cards, no cash. So I had to find another one which took cash. Whoever came up with this idea needs to provide more disabled parking in a area without a barrier instead of generating income by deception.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 10 April 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General Medicine at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Terminally ill with bone cancer 12 hours with no pain relief

This is the 3rd time my husband has been left without pain relief. No patient should be in hospital in pain. To walk in on visiting time to see him crying in pain is heartbreaking. The nurse in charge was uncaring and told me to speak to the medicine manager if I was unhappy.Previously I have reported the same problem to PALS and to the Care Quality Commission plus the chief executive. All to no avail it's still happening. 12hours without pain relief for bone cancer. Weep on Shame.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 16 April 2018

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outpatient treatment

Recently been under care of epau and gynae due to missed miscarraige.

Care from beginning to end was great. From first scan to receiving treatment all staff were very informative and understanding of situation. Nurses were very friendly and supportive. Felt very well looked after and could not fault communication all the way through and follow ups after.

Would highly recommend.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 21 April 2018

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding care from CCU ,Ward 42 and Bereavement Centre

My seriously ill sister was transferred here from another ward. Her family are dispersed throughout the UK but we were able to ring at any time for updates on her condition and messages from us to her were passed on immediately.

At the hospital, when the decision had to be made about termination of treatment, the empathy and the professionalism of the staff was exemplary, as was the palliative care that ensued. At all times, my sister was comfortable and pain free, looked after by staff who were non judgemental and very caring.

The Bereavement Centre staff were equally kind, informative and professional and we were grateful for the facility - which many hospitals do not seem to have.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 21 April 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Ophthalmology at Countess Of Chester - Nurse very rude

I found one nurse in particular, quite rude to myself and my mother who is 81 years of age, she is very scared about the retana/cataract operation this week and felt there was no care or patience whilst the nurse was talking to us about the procedure and what was going to happen there was a lot of information to take in. I have been to this hospital many times and never had issues, we are due back this week for the operation and I’m hoping that there will be a different nurse with a more caring nature.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 24 April 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Its impossible to improve on excellence

From the moment the paramedics arrived at our house in the early morning of Sunday 4th March until the time my husband was discharged later in the day, the treatment he received cannot be faulted. Every individual appeared to work so hard to ensure my husband's safety and well being. We cannot sing their praises highly enough. Thank you.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 04 March 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital replied on 29 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate the time you have taken to complement our staff.

Please be assured that your kind words have been shared with department staff.

The Patient Experience Team

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Can't praise the staff enough

My partner and I recently found ourselves being looked after by staff from both neo natal services and maternity services after our pregnancy sadly ended .
I was admitted to the maternity ward ( lavender room ) after being looked after initially by neonatal staff ...during .my stay on the maternity ward I was treated with nothing but care , dignity and respect .
All the midwifery staff went above and beyond to care for me during what was a very difficult time and I realy can't say anything other than good things about them all ...they weren't just doing there job ..they genuinely cared and realy helped me through .

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 17 March 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital replied on 29 March 2018

Please be assured that your kind words have been shared with staff on the Ward.

Anonymous gave Haematology at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Parking Charge System changed - for the worse

The pay on foot system which gave you a ticket on entering the car park which you then out in a machine to pay before leaving has been changed. The new system records vehicle Reg number automatically on entry, and the payment machine in the building requires you to key in your registration number to be told how much to pay. When I visited several elderly people were distressed because they could not remember their registration numbers. 2 of the 3 machines I visited would only take credit/debit cards not cash. It is a surprise that they have changed the machines having recently paid to upgrade the machines to take the new £1 coin. The new system is not fit for purpose in my view

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 23 March 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital replied on 29 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate the time you have taken to post a comment.

We are sorry you feel you had a negative experience. We take all patient feedback seriously and therefore we will use your comments to see what we got wrong.

Please be assured that your comments will be shared with staff in the department.

However, please feel free to contact the PALs Department on Freephone 0800 195 1241 and select option 2 or email cochpals@nhs.net to give us more information about your experience. This will also give us the opportunity to feedback to you personally regarding any improvements we have identified as a result of your comments.

The Patient Experience Team

David gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Countess Of Chester Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I can hear again!

Full marks to the audio specialist who conducted my hearing test yesterday (23 March 2018). The specialist sensed my edginess on arrival in his consultation room and settled me down with easy conversation before moving on to a discussion about my hearing since the last test. He was good-humoured, spoke clearly and was entirely focused on my needs. In short, a true pro.

The test itself was comprehensive with the specialist explaining the process at every stage. He analysed the results with me, thus giving me a sense of ownership, and 'together' we moved to the settings for my new aid. They talked me through maintenance issues, provided cleaning materials and spare batteries, and I left feeling a lot happier than when I walked in.

Plus, I could hear every sound! Thank you. 5-star service!

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 24 March 2018

Countess Of Chester Hospital replied on 29 March 2018

Please be assured that your kind words have been shared with staff on the Ward.