Royal Surrey County Hospital

01483 571122 Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road , Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XX

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Good service in Eye department

Referral services plus follow up appointment very efficient. Consultant and their team very helpful .Eye surgery unit very friendly and reassuring . Looking forward to next op!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 31 July 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 02 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent experience at Royal Surrey County Hospital.
I am pleased to read that you have found the department to be efficient, friendly and reassuring.
Please be assured that your message will be shared with my colleagues in the eye clinic, who I know will be delighted to receive your kind words.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience.

Maria gave Gynaecology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Combined surgery

I underwent complex combined surgery to remove severe endometriosis in June 2017.
The surgeon and team were superb, especially two doctors and the endometriosis nurse. They are highly skilled and compassionate, working with immense dedication and above and beyond all expectations.
The anesthesiologist and their nurse were very friendly, professional and able to put me at ease (I never had an additional spinal injection before, so I was quite anxious to start with).
I stayed for 4 nights in Compton Ward post surgery, where I was very well looked after (thank you everyone, especially one of the nurses! You were the best ward nurse I ever met) :)
To sum up, I am very thankful that I was treated by most excellent surgeons and under care of such professional and caring staff. I did not feel like 'a number on a conveyor belt' - I was seen as an individual, I was respected and my dignity was preserved.
I am very happy and grateful - you have changed my life.
Thank you!!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 06 September 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital has not yet replied.

fully recovered patient reviewed Royal Surrey County Hospital

Breast cancer

Following a mammogram earlier this year I was recalled for further tests. The tests revealed breast cancer. I received excellent, sensitive care from everyone in the breast care team - doctor who diagnosed, the surgeon who undertook the surgery, breast care nurses and the anaesthesnatist.
I was well informed and understood exactly what my options were and discussed everything with my surgeon.
Aftercare has been excellent and I have made a very good recovery.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 14 September 2017 using Care Opinion

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 23 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent experience at Royal Surrey County Hospital.
I'm pleased to read that you were well taken care of by all the staff you encountered during your journey.
Please be assured that your message has been shared with our breast team, who I know will be delighted to receive your kind words.
Once again, thank you for sharing your views and best wishes for the future.

Christine gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 1 stars

A@e terrible

Sent in by GP yesterday with suspected DVT. Booked in, assessed 90 mins later- nurse didn't even look at leg, another 2 hours later still no one came, I asked at reception as I have 2 kids to pick up from challengers, anyway I had to go they gave me an injection in my stomach and was told to come back the next morning and I would get seen straightaway at the Ultrasound department. Anyway I am still here- been waiting 90 mins already- staff not interested to here I have already been waking yesterday- total unorganised mess and the staff in these departments do not care

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 02 June 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 05 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, which is always gratefully received.
Here at Royal Surrey we strive to provide the very best care and I am disappointed to read that on this occasion we appear not to have delivered that.
All concerns are taken extremely seriously.
Could you please email rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net, so that we can investigate your experience.

Anonymous gave Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Medical Day Unit Experience

I spent the best part of yesterday at the Medical Day Unit to facilitate a lung biopsy, and I cannot fault the service received at all stages.

From the porters, to the doctor / assistant / nurse combination in the CT room, everyone carried out their procedures with the perfect balance of professionalism and friendliness.

But special thanks go to the staff in the Medical Day Unit who were exemplary. Friendly and informative, professional but not overly officious, efficient but never without a smile. I cannot fault their dedication to my comfort, and for this I am extremely grateful.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 13 June 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 14 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent visit to our Medical Day Unit.
We're very proud of all our staff who always put the patient right at the heart of their care.
Please be assured your kind words will be shared with all areas mentioned.
Once again, thank you for your message.

Valerie gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care in A/E

This morning my Dad was admitted to A & E. Despite being 101 years of age, he was treated like his life was as important as a young mans. The doctor was very thorough and involved us in all decisions - the doctor was everything that you would wish a doctor to be. We arrived at 10 a.m. and when we left at 1.30 p.m. Dad had had 2 ECGs, bloods and a CT of his brain and neck; the department was very busy at this time.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 18 June 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 26 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your father's recent experience at Royal Surrey County Hospital.
We are incredibly lucky to have such a fantastic team in our A&E department, who always make sure that the patient is at the very heart of their care.
Please be assured that your message will be shared with my colleagues in the emergency department and I know they will be delighted to receive your kind words.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your views.

John Burge gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E - An injured ear

Arrived at A&E at about 2:30 am with lacerated ear lobe as a result of a fall. The repair job needed several stiches and an ENT doctor was called to carry out the work. All the staff at A&E seemed friendly, considerate and competent, particularly the ENT doctor. I was stitched up and away by 5:00am. Thank you Royal Surrey.
PS: no comment about same-sex accommodation as I was not in hospital overnight.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 20 June 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 26 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent experience at Royal Surrey County Hospital.
I am pleased to read that you found our staff to be friendly and caring.
Your message will be shared with my colleagues in the emergency department and I know they will be very pleased to receive your feedback.
Once again, thank you for your message.

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Medical team are let down by pharmacy

My husband has had exceptional service for the past week by dedicated and professional teams. However our last experience of the hospital was marked by an appalling wait to be discharged due to the inefficient and muddled way the pharmacy runs meaning a 6 hour wait in a unbearably hot room

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 26 June 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 28 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your husband's recent experience at Royal Surrey County Hospital.
I am pleased to read that you felt your husband was well looked after by his clinical team.
However, I am disappointed to learn of the lengthy wait he experienced to be discharged.
In order for the Trust to investigate this further, please could you email rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net.
In the meantime, your comments have been passed on to our Chief Pharmacist.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your views.

David Ross gave Ophthalmology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outpatients Clinic

Although I waited quite a long time for my appointment I feel it was worth the wait. I was treated with courtesy and kindness and everything was explained to me very well. I cannot speak highly enough of my treatment and would certainly give ten out of ten for the clinic.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 30 June 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 03 July 2017

I am delighted to read that you would rate our outpatients clinic so highly.
I will share your message with the team and I know they will be delighted to receive your kind words.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Valerie gave Pain Management at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The Best Care Once Again

I took Dad in to the Surgical Day Care Unit yesterday and once again the RSCH delivered the highest standard of care. He was treated by friendly efficient staff and we would like to thank all who looked after him with special thanks to one nurse in particular. We realise how lucky we are to live in this catchment area.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 30 June 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 03 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your father's recent experience at Royal Surrey County Hospital.
We are incredibly lucky to have such a fantastic team in our Surgical Day Care Unit.
Please be assured that your message will be shared with the team and I know they will be delighted to receive your kind words.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.