Royal Surrey County Hospital

01483 571122 Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road , Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XX

327 total | 19 found in Ophthalmology Show all reviews

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 1 stars

disgraceful waiting time

Eye drops inserted at 9.40 am waited 2 hours by then eye drops no good for the purpose. unable to wait due to having time off work. left clinic, a total waste of time Car Parking charges exstortionate.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 03 July 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 17 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent experience at Royal Surrey County Hospital.
We always strive to provide the very best patient experience and I am disappointed to read that on this occasion we appear not to have delivered that.
In order for the Trust to look into your treatment and care, please could you email rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net outlining your experience.
In the meantime, your feedback has been noted and passed on to the Eye Clinic.

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Eye Cyst Removal

Being a nervous patient I felt the staff did a wonderful job of making me feel as calm as possible. The eye clinic was spotless, the decor was fresh and clean.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 07 July 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 10 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I’m delighted to read that you are pleased with the treatment you received at the eye clinic and I know the teams involved in your care will be most grateful to receive your feedback.

I will pass it along to the relevant managers to share with their teams.

Wishing you all the best,

Janet reviewed Ophthalmology at Royal Surrey County Hospital

eye clinic

Having visited the eye clinic today I would like to congratulate you on the friendliness and efficiency of the department and I was seen promptly for all the tests and then the doctor. Many thanks for such a wonderful service.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 18 July 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 19 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are delighted to read that you are pleased with the treatment and care you received at Royal Surrey and know the teams involved in your care will be most grateful to receive your feedback.

Your feedback will be passed along to the relevant managers to share with their teams.

Wishing you all the best.

Losing my sight and no one seems to care!

Visited after sight started to deteriorate and was told that I had cataracts and needed surgery. Cataract operation carried out 6th June without improvement to eyesight. Was told that the outcome was not quite how the surgeon would have liked but "was fixable". Have returned to have eye scan and further tests only to be told by another member of the team that there is unlikely to be any improvement in my current sight and could not be told whether it would worsen without further investigation. Was told I needed MRI and that this would be rushed through and that I would be seen again in two weeks. Now being told that MRI can only be done on morning of appointment with consultant and this is going to useless as results take 5days to come through. Also doesn't help that consultant goes on annual leave when results would be due in. Now 7 weeks since cataract op and no further forward and yet eyesight is deteriorating. Really at the end of my tether as I also suffer with Parkinsons and am recovering from breast cancer and skin cancer. Couldn't get much worse and feel that nobody seems to care.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 25 July 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 25 July 2017

Our patients are at the centre of everything we do and we strive to deliver a very high standard of care for all. I am disappointed that on this occasion we appear not to have delivered this.

All concerns are taken extremely seriously we would ask you to please email rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net, so that we can investigate your experience.

In the meantime, your feedback has been noted and passed onto the relevant members of staff.

referral to eye clinic by optician

I was referred by my optician following diagnosis of raised intraocular pressure. I had all the tests carried out and seen by the consultant within 2 and half hours. Fortunately everything is fine but sllightly awkward because if my optician had had the appropriate modern equipment they could have ruled out glaucoma and thus I would not have needed to be referred to the eye clinic. Nonetheless I was treated respectively and very happy with the service I received.
Thank you!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 15 August 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 23 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on your recent experience at Royal Surrey County Hospital.
I am pleased to read that you felt well looked after by our Eye Clinic.
Your message has been shared with my colleagues in the department and I know they will be delighted to read your views.
Did you know there are a number of ways that you can get involved in the work of Royal Surrey, from volunteering to becoming a member?
If you would like to find out more, please visit our website: http://www.royalsurrey.nhs.uk/members/
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

David Ross gave Ophthalmology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outpatients Clinic

Although I waited quite a long time for my appointment I feel it was worth the wait. I was treated with courtesy and kindness and everything was explained to me very well. I cannot speak highly enough of my treatment and would certainly give ten out of ten for the clinic.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 30 June 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 03 July 2017

I am delighted to read that you would rate our outpatients clinic so highly.
I will share your message with the team and I know they will be delighted to receive your kind words.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Opthalmology department - Absolutely wonderful, thank you

Both my husband and myself have visited the the Opthalmology department at the hospital in recent months (myself for the first time in June). We have both been treated with excellent professionalism and care together with great kindness. Thank you to all the Consultants and Staff.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 02 July 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 03 July 2017

I am pleased to read that both you and your husband received excellent care from all staff.
I have passed your comments on to my colleagues in the Eye Clinic and I know they will be delighted to receive your kind words.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Sarah McDonald gave Ophthalmology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Eye clinic extremely unhelpful

The Eye Clinic is in a lovely new area but that's about as positive a thing as I can say for it. I have a chronic eye condition resulting in the need for me to come back for follow-up appointments every few weeks. Each time I am told that I will be sent a letter confirming the appointment time. In 5 months I have never once received a letter and have had to ring up and book the appointment myself the week I am supposed to be seen.

Each appointment is always horrendously behind schedule, and I have never been seen within an hour and a half of my appointment time, so each appointment takes at least 2 hours. The fact that I have to come back every two or three weeks means that I have to effectively take a half day off work when factoring in travel time, and this has been going on for nearly 5 months now. Each time I ask the staff if I can please book my follow-up appointment then so I can get either a slot either early or late in the day to try to minimise the disruption to my work day, but each time I am told I will get a letter. Which I never do. It's an absolutely appalling way to run a clinic.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 11 April 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 12 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, which is always gratefully received. Here at Royal Surrey we strive to provide the best care anywhere and I am disappointed to read that we appear not to have delivered that. All concerns are taken extremely seriously and as such your comments have been shared with the relevant specialty manager. In order for the Trust to investigate your experience, please could you email rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your views.

Janet Arias-Ball gave Ophthalmology at Royal Surrey County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

This member of staff is amazing

Visiting the eye clinic is never an easy one, it's a busy unit with very bright lights and a lot of coming and going. So for our 8year old son with asd this is never going to be easy. Well let me tell you differently- One particular staff memnber is an angel in disguise. They go above and beyond to make it as easy as possible, offering quiet places to wait, reassurance, time to listen, empathy and even (don't tell everyone) an interest in the patients. I hope the chief executive reads this and pops down to witness what an outstanding job this lady does day in and day out. Thank you you from us

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 02 February 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 06 February 2017

Coming into hospital can be daunting at any age, so I am delighted to read that our staff have gone above and beyond to put your son at ease.
Here at Royal Surrey we are incredibly proud of our team, who always strive to provide the best care anywhere.
If you would like to contact us directly with the staff members name, we will ensure that they get the credit they deserve.
Please email rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net

Sheila Hoad reviewed Ophthalmology at Royal Surrey County Hospital

Waiting times

I have always found treatment to be excellent once it has begun but waiting times are unacceptable. In 2015 I waited for four months for a vitrectomy (off work). The other eye is now showing the same problem and I will have waited four months (with two postponements) for laser treatment in order to prevent another vitrectomy (rather a false economy, I would have thought).

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 05 February 2017

Royal Surrey County Hospital replied on 07 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, which is always gratefully received. I am pleased to read that you feel the treatment you have received has always been 'excellent.' However, I note your comments on waiting times. Here at Royal Surrey we always strive to provide the best care anywhere and I am disappointed that we appear not to have delivered that on this occasion. In order for the Trust to investigate your concerns please could you email rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your views.